Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) - Eligibility/ Instructions updated on CIC

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pravatmail said:
Hi Guys,

I am applying under NOC 2174 with a CRS score 432. When can I expect to get an ITA?

Currently I have a close work permit with my employer which is in Toronto. And my employer wants to send me back to India after 6 month as my project work is going to over. However my current close work permit is valid till Sept 2016. Is there any other way I can try for open work permit/PNP/LMIA?

Please suggest...

Thank you in advance for your help.
hopefully end of this year.and you don't need to post everywhere this question .more over this topic for Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) - Eligibility/ Instructions updated on CIC.find suitable topic for your question.

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
I applied Express Entry under CEC
18 March recieved ITA
16 April submitted all requirement documents (done medical test)
16 April recieved automated AOR
7 May mailed BOWP application base on automated AOR
18 May work permit got expired

I am wondering what's "second AOR", I can only apply BOWP by automated AOR from the system!
Do I have chance to get my BOWP approved?
Anybody got same story like me who recieved BOWP already? Please share it, thank you.....

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
23-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
07-Aug-2015
phrixus said:
I applied Express Entry under CEC
18 March recieved ITA
16 April submitted all requirement documents (done medical test)
16 April recieved automated AOR
7 May mailed BOWP application base on automated AOR
18 May work permit got expired

I am wondering what's "second AOR", I can only apply BOWP by automated AOR from the system!
Do I have chance to get my BOWP approved?
Anybody got same story like me who recieved BOWP already? Please share it, thank you.....
I did.
Sent my BOWP paper application on Feb 9. EE system AOR received on April 13th.
So I sent my BOWP application before even receiving ITA.
I trusted that given the 100+ days for processing paper applications, I would have received AOR by the time they would process my BOWP application. It worked for me.

My BOWP was granted on May 19 (1 year permit)

Note: My PGWP expired on March 3.

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
"For PNP applications, the status of the Eligibility EC-QC/PNP activity has been set to “Passed” [...]"

Whoah, whoah, whoah...hold on a second! Does that mean QSW applicants are eligible for a BOWP as well now? To my knowledge they are not and have to apply for a closed work permit instead. Did they change that?!

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
has someone got BOWP this week? I submitted on March 10. I called them and they keep telling me they are working on March 7th applications as what the website says. But that information was last updated on May 15, they asked me to wait until next week.

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
esantos said:
I did.
I trusted that given the 100+ days for processing paper applications, I would have received AOR by the time they would process my BOWP application. It worked for me.

Hi esantos,
Congrats!!! And Thank you for your reply, but just wonderning how come you can get AOR before ITA?
According my case, there was a check list came after ITA.
I followed that check list and upload those documents, then the system automated send me AOR ( a letter with a bar code and numbers )...

Is that one a first AOR or actually it's second AOR? Do you know that?
Or if anybody know about it, please let me know. I will be appreciate :)

Olrdude

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
esantos said:
I did.

So they added the third line on May 12, and you were granted BOWP on May 19?

That's lucky! Congrats! Quick questions:

1) On your paper application, did you pick same employer or new employer? Same employer has a higher processing time. Does it matter for BOWP?

2) Did you also write a letter or something explaining your situation? Did you provide any extra documents?

Thanks!

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fvidania said:
has someone got BOWP this week? I submitted on March 10. I called them and they keep telling me they are working on March 7th applications as what the website says. But that information was last updated on May 15, they asked me to wait until next week.
current processing time is 77 days for online application .see below:- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
by the way what is their phone no

cedfeliz

Jan 23, 2014
esantos said:
I did.

Hi esantos,

I applied for BOWP by mail aswell. What way did you find out it was approved? Online, phone, mail?

Thanks!

rasber

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
mannual said:
current processing time is 77 days for online application .see below:- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
by the way what is their phone no
oh no...This is crazy. I was expecting result this week.

Thanks Mannual.

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
WTF??? how possible they are working on applications submitted on MArch 5th?!?! last updated was March 7th, now they have gone back?! I'm tired of this ...

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
23-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
07-Aug-2015
Hi guys, thank you for the congratulations, I am very glad indeed that I got the BOWP ::)

I will try to answer all the questions..

@ phrixus
Hi esantos,
Congrats!!! And Thank you for your reply, but just wonderning how come you can get AOR before ITA?
According my case, there was a check list came after ITA.
I followed that check list and upload those documents, then the system automated send me AOR ( a letter with a bar code and numbers )...

Is that one a first AOR or actually it's second AOR? Do you know that?
Or if anybody know about it, please let me know. I will be appreciate Smiley
- Hi phrixus. No, I received the ITA first (on March 20), submitted all my documents on April 10 and received the automated AOR on April 13. My AOR just confirmed that my documents were uploaded and that they were going through the process to check for completeness. I never received the "second AOR" in which they state that my application was deemed completed.

@ Olrdude
So they added the third line on May 12, and you were granted BOWP on May 19?

That's lucky! Congrats! Quick questions:

1) On your paper application, did you pick same employer or new employer? Same employer has a higher processing time. Does it matter for BOWP?

2) Did you also write a letter or something explaining your situation? Did you provide any extra documents?

Thanks!
- Hi Olrdude,

1) I picked "A work permit with the same employer". I came from an open work permit (PGWP)

2) Yes I did. I wrote a letter explaining my situation, provided my employer letter and also my job offer letter (no supporting LMIA), I also sent pay stubs and notice of assessment from CRA.

- Just a quick background; I submitted last December an application for PR through the old process. On February 9 (When I sent my BOWP application) I still hadn't received my package back (returned due to cap being reached) so my BOWP application was actually pertaining to my previous PR application. I feel truly blessed that that very application worked for the Express Entry process.

@ cedfeliz
Hi esantos,

I applied for BOWP by mail aswell. What way did you find out it was approved? Online, phone, mail?

Thanks!
- Hi cedfeliz, I found out via phone on May 22. I called CIC as I was concerned that I had paid the wrong fees for my application (I paid $155 but from February 21 onward the fees increased to $255) so the agent checked the status of my BOWP application and told me that it had been approved.

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
esantos said:
Hi guys, thank you for the congratulations, I am very glad indeed that I got the BOWP ::)

I will try to answer all the questions..

@ phrixus
- Hi phrixus. No, I received the ITA first (on March 20), submitted all my documents on April 10 and received the automated AOR on April 13. My AOR just confirmed that my documents were uploaded and that they were going through the process to check for completeness. I never received the "second AOR" in which they state that my application was deemed completed.

@ Olrdude
- Hi Olrdude,

1) I picked "A work permit with the same employer". I came from an open work permit (PGWP)

2) Yes I did. I wrote a letter explaining my situation, provided my employer letter and also my job offer letter (no supporting LMIA), I also sent pay stubs and notice of assessment from CRA.

- Just a quick background; I submitted last December an application for PR through the old process. On February 9 (When I sent my BOWP application) I still hadn't received my package back (returned due to cap being reached) so my BOWP application was actually pertaining to my previous PR application. I feel truly blessed that that very application worked for the Express Entry process.

@ cedfeliz
- Hi cedfeliz, I found out via phone on May 22. I called CIC as I was concerned that I had paid the wrong fees for my application (I paid $155 but from February 21 onward the fees increased to $255) so the agent checked the status of my BOWP application and told me that it had been approved.
Thank you, esantos for sharing those helpful personal experience.
You are awesome :)