+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) - Eligibility/ Instructions updated on CIC

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rasber said:
CIC has updated the eligibility requirements for applying BOWP under Express Entry. Seems like we cannot use the system generated AOR to apply BOWP. The AOR should be issued by CIO. So I am assuming if an application is in CIO Sydney with ecas status "Application Received" can be considered AOR. But I am not sure.

Determining if a positive eligibility decision has been made

The bridging open work permit (BOWP) requires that the foreign nationals have submitted their application for permanent residence and that CIC has provided a “positive eligibility assessment”. The positive eligibility assessment is considered to be made when the applicants receive their Acknowledgement of Receipt letter (not notice of receipt of electronic submission) and the following is confirmed in GCMS:

For FSWC applications
submitted prior to January 1, 2015, the status of the Ministerial Instructions activity has been set to “Met” or a positive Final Determination of Eligibility letter or email has been sent.
submitted on or after January 1, 2015, the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) has sent an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter that confirms the application has passed R10 completeness (this is not the Electronic receipt of APR notice but the letter [Acknowledgement of Receipt] issued in GCMS).
For PNP applications, the status of the Eligibility EC-QC/PNP activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or email has been sent by the CIO.
For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or email has been sent by the CIO.
For FSTC applications, the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or email has been sent by the CIO.

Express Entry

In the Express Entry application process, a notice and a letter are sent to the applicant. Only the letter (Acknowledgment of Receipt) can be used to support a BOWP.

A notice
(Electronic receipt of APR) is automatically issued to the applicants on receipt of their electronic application submission. This notice indicates the following: “Your application is being checked to determine whether it meets the requirements of a complete application pursuant to section 10 and section 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.” This notice cannot be used to support a BOWP, as it does not reflect that the applicant has received a “positive eligibility assessment” as required for a BOWP.

A letter (Acknowledgement of Receipt) is issued to the applicants once their application has passed a completeness check. This letter indicates the following: “CIC has reviewed your application and determined that it meets the requirements of a complete application as described in section 10 and section 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.” This is the official Acknowledgement of Receipt letter and it may be used to support a BOWP if all other requirements are met.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp
tnx

emma_h_s

Feb 1, 2015
elisha79 said:
What is the status of your ecas?during the time you submitted your BOWP? ]

It is 'In Process' and has been since I was first able to get on ECAS. When I click through the next page I see:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 31, 2015.

We started processing your application on January 31, 2015.

I've sent an email with a question about this to an MP who has been looking into my case for me. When they reply or I get more information from CIC I will post on here.

rasber

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
emma_h_s said:
elisha79 said:
What is the status of your ecas?during the time you submitted your BOWP? ]

It is 'In Process' and has been since I was first able to get on ECAS. When I click through the next page I see:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 31, 2015.

We started processing your application on January 31, 2015.

I've sent an email with a question about this to an MP who has been looking into my case for me. When they reply or I get more information from CIC I will post on here.
Thanks Emma

rasber

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
Conor9900 said:
Oh wow this is discouraging. So the new AOR is not in fact your AOR, more fantastic work by CIC.

So rasbar, if your ECAS is Application Received, dos that mean you will be eligible for the BOWP? And they wont issue any other confirmation that you are eligible for BOWP?
I am hoping so, because I have not seen anyone receiving a 2nd AOR at least by VOs in Canada. I have seen the issuance of 2nd AOR for an applicant recently but this was issued by a VO office abroad (New Delhi).

ssharwan said:
Guys, I got my PPR today. Got a call from VFS- New Delhi, India today morning to confirm the same. My representative forwarded me the PPR req e-mail from CIC.

TimeLines:
----------
Jan 31st - ITA invite
Mar 18th - Documents submitted. Received initial AOR on same day
Apr 13th - Received AOR (first stage clearance)
May 14th - PPR request

NOC - 2172, Score: 926, FSW.
Applied from India for (myself+spouse+kid)

ECAS status - Application Received (Apr 11th) -> In process(Apr 12th)-> Changed to Application Received on Apr 13th -> Today it still says Application Received with three lines.

All the best guys. EE system is super fast!!! ;D ;D ;D

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys here is my sitution.i applied express entry under FST category .my e-cas status" in process''said only two line.
1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 2, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on feb 14, 2015.

i applied BOWP on April 29th ,don't hear anything .looking all you guys reply here i fell worry about my BWOP application .one more thing i got Alberta Nomination certificate recently and it says i can apply open work permit. but i had applied already open work permit under EE. so my question can i send nomination copy to get BOWP which application already submitted .if yes where i ve to send? and how to upload.?

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
23-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
07-Aug-2015
I am concerned about my BOWP application.
It was received by Vegreville on February 9 (paper application), until now I haven't heard anything from them on regards of my application. My WP expired on March 3rd and I've been under implied statues since them... ??? This is really stressful tbh.

My ECAS shows Application Received since May 12

rasber

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
esantos said:
I am concerned about my BOWP application.
It was received by Vegreville on February 9 (paper application), until now I haven't heard anything from them on regards of my application. My WP expired on March 3rd and I've been under implied statues since them... ??? This is really stressful tbh.

My ECAS shows Application Received since May 12
I think they are considering your application. Because my paper based application (filed March 19th) was returned on May 6th. So they might have returned your application by now if they are not processing.
And as an FYI.. I filed two BOWP applications
1. Paper based on March 19th - Erroneously I have paid incorrect (less) application fee. And this got returned as incomplete on May 6th.
2. Online BOWP on March 30th - Knowing that my Paper Based will be rejected because of insufficient fee, I filed this online application which is still pending.

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
23-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
07-Aug-2015
rasber said:
I think they are considering your application. Because my paper based application (filed March 19th) was returned on May 6th. So they might have returned your application by now if they are not processing.
And as an FYI.. I filed two BOWP applications
1. Paper based on March 19th - Erroneously I have paid incorrect (less) application fee. And this got returned as incomplete on May 6th.
2. Online BOWP on March 30th - Knowing that my Paper Based will be rejected because of insufficient fee, I filed this online application which is still pending.
Rasber, what do you mean by you paid the incorrect fee? Isn't it the Work Permit fee that we need to pay? :'( I am really concerned now! ???

rasber

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
esantos said:
Rasber, what do you mean by you paid the incorrect fee? Isn't it the Work Permit fee that we need to pay? :'( I am really concerned now! ???
Processing fee is $155, Work Permit holder fee is $100 so in total for BOWP application we need to pay $255. I paid only $155. Hence my paper based BOWP application got rejected for this simple reason. :eek:

candy00

Sep 9, 2013
Hi guys
I applied for my open work permit on 19th March but I didn't submit my AOR. I got my AOR on the 11th March. My work permit expired 22th April. Did I make a mistake and can I submit my AOR now or should I call CIC. Please help me guys.
Thanks

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
candy00 said:
Hi guys
I applied for my open work permit on 19th March but I didn't submit my AOR. I got my AOR on the 11th March. My work permit expired 22th April. Did I make a mistake and can I submit my AOR now or should I call CIC. Please help me guys.
Thanks

I suggest you to send case specific enquiry and attach the AOR ... do it immediately ....

candy00

Sep 9, 2013
Thanks for your help Krishna19.
I would like to know what a case specific enquiry is as I have not come across it yet.
Thanks for your suggestion.

bonvoyage

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
candy00 said:
Thanks for your help Krishna19.
I would like to know what a case specific enquiry is as I have not come across it yet.
Thanks for your suggestion.
for any questions, concerns, updates regarding your application, it is suggest to submit case specific enquiry.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
23-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
07-Aug-2015
rasber said:
Processing fee is $155, Work Permit holder fee is $100 so in total for BOWP application we need to pay $255. I paid only $155. Hence my paper based BOWP application got rejected for this simple reason. :eek:
I didn't pay the $100 fee, only the $155. They received my application on February 9. This new fee (Open Work Permit Holder) was put in place on February 21. Do you guys think my application should be fine then? I tried calling CIC all afternoon but only got the message that they were experiencing high volume of calls and couldn't forward my call.

I hope my application goes through. I wonder if I could pay this fee separately and send the receipt as case specific... Please advise guys..