+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging (BOWP) - How to apply for Spouse

spulickal86

Jun 10, 2013
Hello Experts,

My Post Graduate Open Work permit is expiring within the next 4 months. I have been nominated by Ontario under PNP program (not Express Entry). I have applied for PR and I have received the acknowledgement email. But it would take a while to get the PR. Hence I'm planning to apply for Bridging Open work permit (BOWP). But I'm not sure how I can apply for work permit for my wife. Do I have to wait until I get my BOWP before I could apply work permit for my wife OR can I apply for her simultaneously with my BOWP application?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Sreeraj

Chigs

Feb 5, 2016
I'm having same situation. I got nomination by alberta. I have already applied for PR for both - me and my wife. Till now she has no status in Canada. I am willing to apply for my BOWP as my work permit expires soon. So with my BOWP can I apply for her? Some says yes some says no. It's very convoluted. Is there any one who received for both?

spulickal86

Jun 10, 2013
Hi Chigs,

Principal Applicant should be applying for BOWP and spouse should apply for dependent spousal open work permit. I applied it online few days back for both of us together. You can apply at the same time for both, but it is considered as 2 separate applications.

The procedure to apply for BOWP has been discussed extensively in some of the blogs (search for "Tips for a successful BOWP application")

Regards,
Sreeraj