+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridge open work permit

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
ganges said:
Thanks a lot for your response pfse.

One more question.
I am currently in closed WP. I have applied for PR and have received the AOR as well as medical request.
Does it mean that I am "approved in principle" or have got the "first stage approval"?

These are two eligibility questions that I am not sure how to answer.

Thanks & Regards
Personally I select "first stage approval" and it worked for me.

Also here is what the guide says:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

For the purposes of determining if a positive eligibility assessment has been made, the processor will review if the Eligibility Assessment value is set to “Passed” in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). If this decision has not been entered yet, for the purposes of these instructions, a “positive eligibility assessment” will also be considered made when the following is confirmed in GCMS:

For FSWP applications, the status of the Ministerial Instructions activity has been set to “Met” or a positive Final Determination of Eligibility letter or e-mail has been sent.
For PNP applications, the status of the Eligibility EC-QC/PNP activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).
For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.
For FSTP applications, the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.

ganges

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
hegarty147 said:
well for the travel itinerary i just put a word document stating i am living in Canada and have been here since 2013 hence no itinerary. I submitted it online last nite. If they wanted them by post they would have announced it.
Hello Hegarty,

Can you tell me as to what dis you answer for the following questions on form IMM5710E(page 3)
Details of my Prospective Employer(attach original offer of employment)
Name of employer(If you are employed by a foreign employer who has been awarded a contract to provide services to canadian entity, please identify the foreign employer here)
Complete address of the employer
Intended location of employment in Canada?
My occupation in Canada will be
Duration of expected employment

Thanks,

ganges

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
pfse said:

Thanks pfse.
There are few more question I just posted for hegarty. If you can also answer those to, it would be very helpful.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
ganges said:
Thanks pfse.
There are few more question I just posted for hegarty. If you can also answer those to, it would be very helpful.
As per this FAQ you can leave this section blank.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=178&t=17

ganges

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
pfse said:

Thanks pfse, I marked the "first stage approval" as yes but in the next page there is this following question
Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

I think I should mark it as "No". Correct?

Thanks,

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
I marked this question Yes. As first stage approval is receiving your AOR. For employment details i left it blank.

ganges

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
hegarty147 said:
I marked this question Yes. As first stage approval is receiving your AOR. For employment details i left it blank.
Hegarty,
My question was about "approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?"
Are you saying that you marked yes for both of the following questions.

Question : Does one of the following apply to you?
I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).

Question: Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

Thanks

moises

Jul 5, 2012
I think Itinerary Travel document is not required if you are applying inside canada(though there is a written required),If you click the blue icon next to the right it says If available.

tandi

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Hello,

my work permit is expiring on June 15,2015. So, I have to apply for BOWP. Please help me what kind of documents and forms will be required.

Online or paper application, which one you suggest, please advice me my friends.

I am may 2014 pr applicant but still medical received showing under my status, no idea when i will get pr.

Thanks

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Make an online application ASAP as it is talking approximately 2 months to process at present.

tandi said:
Hello,

my work permit is expiring on June 15,2015. So, I have to apply for BOWP. Please help me what kind of documents and forms will be required.

Online or paper application, which one you suggest, please advice me my friends.

I am may 2014 pr applicant but still medical received showing under my status, no idea when i will get pr.

Thanks

jamaican_waiting

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
This thread should be called "Travel Itinerary - BOWP" for the loads of people who ask who ask this question everyday in different threads. Good info!

tandi

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Amisnic said:
Make an online application ASAP as it is talking approximately 2 months to process at present.
Thanks for your reply, I just went through the application.

Just confused in document checklist, do I need LMIA or any letter from employer. Please tell me what kind of documents I need to prepare for apply.

I would like to do the same in this week. Thanks

harshad patel

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Toronto
Category........
medical is mandatory to apply BOWP? they asked question and i said yes, if i say no then i won't allow me to go further. please i need advice. thank you.

AjBuck

Jul 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My work permit is about to expire in a few months, I was thinking of doing a paper application to buy time for the express entry CEC. Could someone advise me? I have not received AOR?

Olex

Feb 1, 2013
My husband (PA) and I both applied for BOWP online after filling out questionnaire. Due to god know what wrong answer our kid got omitted and we were told to apply for her on paper. Oh well. These funny requests do pop up from time to time, also during regular visitor visa applicaitons (for relatives) so came up wit a simple solution. We just right a short note in Word with an explanation and upload it to the documents list. Worked every time, we never ever got requests for more paperwork. 8)