Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
marcher said:
I have never met someone more optimistic than you :) Keep up the high spirits. Meanwhile, in reality land, bill C-6 will most probably not pass by December 2016. The way things are going, there might be amendments required, and that will shift the process into a new cycle.
The only thing I own, till me completing my 4 yeas (July 2017), is the hope.... I'm trying to live up with this hope!!!

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
spiritsoul said:
The only thing I own, till me completing my 4 yeas (July 2017), is the hope.... I'm trying to live up with this hope!!!
I hear you brother, hope is necessary. But do not mix hope with unreasonable expectations, as the latter leads to disappointment.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
spiritsoul said:
Just to mention, Government bills don't adjourn in Senators' names. Even if a specific Senator moved to adjourn, another Senator can open the debate at any time later on.

I am however confident that the non-Conservative Senators are willing to delay the bill's progress to the full appointment of the vacant seats, probably by mid of November 2016. I would therefore say that the bill C-6 might fully pass by December 2016.
I think the same as you. By the end of the year, it will be signed.

PS, here's a new article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/independents-third-class-senators-1.3824117

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think they put the same rules as C 24 - one year to activate the 3/5 so i think they will approve it December 2016 - effective 2017

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
zineb83 said:
I think they put the same rules as C 24 - one year to activate the 3/5 so i think they will approve it December 2016 - effective 2017
The situation is very different. In the case of C-24, the result was a decrease in potential applicants, hence easier to apply. In the case of C-6, the result is a huge increase in potential applications, and that requires a lot more preparation. A year sounds like a fairly reasonable period to prepare, but only if there are enough resources. This is why I am curious what is the extent of resources the Libs are prepared to invest in the whole process, if any. No one talked about this as far as I know.

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
me too i would like to see how they will solve this .

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcher said:
The situation is very different. In the case of C-24, the result was a decrease in potential applicants, hence easier to apply. In the case of C-6, the result is a huge increase in potential applications, and that requires a lot more preparation. A year sounds like a fairly reasonable period to prepare, but only if there are enough resources. This is why I am curious what is the extent of resources the Libs are prepared to invest in the whole process, if any. No one talked about this as far as I know.
If they were smarter like Australia when implementing C-24, all these troubles would not exist in the first place. When Australia changed citizenship requirements from 2 year to 4 years, they had 3 years grace period to enforce the new law. The first reason is principle of fairness to make sure all old PRs have chance to finalize their citizenship under old law. The second reason is to leave enough time for government to adjust their resources to continue meeting the processing time. That's why whatever law changes, they always maintained 3 months processing time promise.

Or they can also learn from Britain, when applications suddenly start to flood in, take action immediately to increase fees and resources. That's why whatever applications flood, Britain also always maintained 3 months promise.

But anyhow, this is Canada, government really don't care about process time, I guess they will just let the backlog naturally grow. For PR and citizenship applications in the past, even 10 years waiting time was regular scene. Specially during Liberal government periods, seems they have such tradition.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Even if they increase the fee to 10000 for expedite processing, it is still within reach for most immigrants so fee increase has minimal effect for matter like citizenship

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deerestlovelybear said:
Even if they increase the fee to 10000 for expedite processing, it is still within reach for most immigrants so fee increase has minimal effect for matter like citizenship
I think you missed my point, increase of fees is not to make it less affordable and limit the application amount, but for government to use the additional money to bring more resources to clear the applications. It also creates more jobs while serving immigrants better, I think it's win-win.

Also if affordability issue is a concern, they can create different service levels, so immigrants can choose according to their affordability. Such as in Britain, there are three service levels for immigration applications. 1. Normal Postal application. 2. Same day in person application. 3. VIP on site service, yes! officers come to your place if you are rich enough.

Again, it's Canada, everything is slow and not efficient, I can only dream it.

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
deerestlovelybear said:
Hi bro,

Are you kidding most of the immigrant can afford 10,000 as processing fee? I landed in Canada as PR with 90k job in my hand and all expense paid by employer. I can't afford. Can you tell me your secret? I may benifit from this.
Thx

Coffee1981

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
canadasucks said:
I think you missed my point, increase of fees is not to make it less affordable and limit the application amount, but for government to use the additional money to bring more resources to clear the applications. It also creates more jobs while serving immigrants better, I think it's win-win.

Also if affordability issue is a concern, they can create different service levels, so immigrants can choose according to their affordability. Such as in Britain, there are three service levels for immigration applications. 1. Normal Postal application. 2. Same day in person application. 3. VIP on site service, yes! officers come to your place if you are rich enough.

Again, it's Canada, everything is slow and not efficient, I can only dream it.
Good thing you're not in Germany - it's 8 years of PR time before you can even apply. Or the US where it's 10 years after you apply before even getting granted. You might think Canada sucks, but you have a pretty sweet ride here.

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
some conservative senator's statement on twitter..speechless.... :eek://twitter.com/LindaFrum/status/792003434975223808.... :eek://twitter.com/LindaFrum/status/791992468111822849

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
deerestlovelybear said:
Really? There is no way I would pay $10,000 for an expedited citizenship :)

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
hangincanada said:
some conservative senator's statement on twitter..speechless.... :eek://twitter.com/LindaFrum/status/792003434975223808.... :eek://twitter.com/LindaFrum/status/791992468111822849
Not sure why you are speechless...the first tweet related to the restoration of citizenship to terrorists which many Canadians (if not the majority) are against. So I fail to see the controversy in the Senator's position.

Natan

May 22, 2015
Coffee1981 said:
Good thing you're not in Germany - it's 8 years of PR time before you can even apply. Or the US where it's 10 years after you apply before even getting granted. You might think Canada sucks, but you have a pretty sweet ride here.
In the U.S.A., an applicant may apply for citizenship after being a Legal Permanent Resident for five years (three years, if married to a U.S. citizen). Applicants may apply up to three months early. Citizenship is granted within one year.