+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

buzzard

Star Member
Dec 7, 2019
You can continue to work until the date mentioned in the WP-EXT letter, as long as you maintain the conditions of your previous work permit, while waiting for the decision of your BOWP. The letter literally explains this clearly.
Here's what I found. Looks we can go beyond the expiry date on the letter.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

After you apply
If you applied online to extend or change your work permit
After you apply online, we’ll send you a letter in your account (WP-EXT except PGWP) that you can use as proof that you’re authorized to keep working, if you’re eligible.

• You can print this letter or show it with your current work permit.
  • The letter is proof that you’re authorized to keep working under the same conditions as your original work permit until we process your application.
    • You can keep working past the expiry date on the letter until we process your application if the conditions are the same as on your original work permit.
Why there’s an expiry date on the letter
Your letter automatically lists an expiry date that’s 120 days from the date we receive your application. The letter expires in 120 days because

• it’s the service standard to process this type of application
  • many employers and health insurance providers will ask for proof that you’re allowed to work
    • an expiry date helps satisfy their concerns about your status and authorization to work in Canada
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter, you can still keep working until we make a decision.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Here's what I found. Looks we can go beyond the expiry date on the letter.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

After you apply
If you applied online to extend or change your work permit
After you apply online, we’ll send you a letter in your account (WP-EXT except PGWP) that you can use as proof that you’re authorized to keep working, if you’re eligible.

• You can print this letter or show it with your current work permit.
  • The letter is proof that you’re authorized to keep working under the same conditions as your original work permit until we process your application.
    • You can keep working past the expiry date on the letter until we process your application if the conditions are the same as on your original work permit.
Why there’s an expiry date on the letter
Your letter automatically lists an expiry date that’s 120 days from the date we receive your application. The letter expires in 120 days because

• it’s the service standard to process this type of application
  • many employers and health insurance providers will ask for proof that you’re allowed to work
    • an expiry date helps satisfy their concerns about your status and authorization to work in Canada
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter, you can still keep working until we make a decision.
Oh good, handy to know. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: buzzard

Miss.Patience

May 21, 2021
I applied for BOWP and a month later, they are asking for a nominee certificate. Does anyone know why?
I initially sent LOE stating that I applied for PR under EE-CEC. I sent another LOE on April 29th explaining the same thing.
Did I mess up somewhere?
No decision yet.
(BOWP with SOWP)

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I applied for BOWP and a month later, they are asking for a nominee certificate. Does anyone know why?
I initially sent LOE stating that I applied for PR under EE-CEC. I sent another LOE on April 29th explaining the same thing.
Did I mess up somewhere?
No decision yet.
(BOWP with SOWP)
At this point, it might be worth calling and stating that you are a CEC candidate and that you have no nomination certificate cos you did not apply under the PNP program. You can ask the agent to make a note of this on your BOWP application/ file to be communicated to the IRCC office processing your BOWP.

rara85

May 21, 2021
I’ve been waiting for 75 days and have heard not a peep. I wonder why there is such a huge disparity in processing times.

buzzard

Star Member
Dec 7, 2019
I’ve been waiting for 75 days and have heard not a peep. I wonder why there is such a huge disparity in processing times.
When did you apply, And is your R10 completeness check done/passed on your PR application? Also depends on whether or not you have less than 4 months on your current WP. They won't touch the file unless it is less than 4 months to the expiry.

Also, noticed the applications submitted in Feb/March seem to move faster both in PR and BOWPs and maybe other applications too. I think you should get it soon. You may want to call IRCC and check what stage it is in.

rara85

May 21, 2021
When will your currenr visa expire ?
When did you apply, And is your R10 completeness check done/passed on your PR application? Also depends on whether or not you have less than 4 months on your current WP. They won't touch the file unless it is less than 4 months to the expiry.

Also, noticed the applications submitted in Feb/March seem to move faster both in PR and BOWPs and maybe other applications too. I think you should get it soon. You may want to call IRCC and check what stage it is in.
Glad yours got approved : )

My AOR is March 15, and applied for BOWP/SOWP on March 16. My partner’s and my Work/Study Permits expired on March 30. Medicals passed and got BIL on March 30, so R10 appears passed. I just ordered GCMS notes to see if anything is stuck. My partner went back to the States to work for a couple months since he couldn’t work on implied status here in Canada while he waited for his SOWP since he had a study permit before, so that may be a complicating factor.

I have noticed on this thread many folks getting approved quickly in the last few months, but others taking 1-3 months or more. Thanks for your thoughts!

Reactions: buzzard