AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
And I was advised by cic agent to apply for work permit exemption of lmia simething like that as I dont have file number and aor yet.
Why closed work permit is worse than bowp? Just because you cant do 2 jobs? I dont want to work that hard anyway lol so I wont risk and will go with closed one.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Anatalia said:
And I was advised by cic agent to apply for work permit exemption of lmia simething like that as I dont have file number and aor yet.
Why closed work permit is worse than bowp? Just because you cant do 2 jobs? I dont want to work that hard anyway lol so I wont risk and will go with closed one.
oh well if you don't see the difference between an open work permit and closed one, then go for the closed one haha

Anatalia

Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
The difference is that you have to work for your employer. But you will have with bowp anyway since your employer has assisted you with documents and I dont see a reason why would I resign if im not a pr yet..
Any other details? Please share if you know why bowp better than closed

Mariolopez

Feb 25, 2013
Anatalia said:
The difference is that you have to work for your employer. But you will have with bowp anyway since your employer has assisted you with documents and I dont see a reason why would I resign if im not a pr yet..
Any other details? Please share if you know why bowp better than closed
its true tht u have work with same employer through out whole process of PR but with open work permit u can do two jobs at a same time if u get promotion with same employer u dont need to get another work permit unlike closed work permit which is tied to specific employer and NOC so u get little extra freedom...in ur case u dont have AOR so tht is the only option right now...

Anatalia

Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
I see, thank you!

I dont want neither promotions neither 2nd job. Then I guess I will go with a closed one.

juggy T

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 16 cic pnp category
AOR Received.
30 december 2014
Med's Request
14 january 2015
Mariolopez said:
good for you....well then its settled... get closed WP!!!
i applied bowp 2 weeks ago using my aor n my nomination in employer driven stream, so one guy already got rejected and i dont want to take a risk as my work permit expired on january 15th then i applied my closed work permit yesterday to be on safe side n i called cic yesterday many times n they said to me employer driven stream is not eligible for bowp n when i called ainp they said every ainp nominee is eligible for bowp ,its my bad that i dont have much time so i applied for closed work permit

Mariolopez

Feb 25, 2013
juggy T said:
i applied bowp 2 weeks ago using my aor n my nomination in employer driven stream, so one guy already got rejected and i dont want to take a risk as my work permit expired on january 15th then i applied my closed work permit yesterday to be on safe side n i called cic yesterday many times n they said to me employer driven stream is not eligible for bowp n when i called ainp they said every ainp nominee is eligible for bowp ,its my bad that i dont have much time so i applied for closed work permit
does ur nomination says tht no employment restriction...because i think guy name imfromprague got refused and AINP help him out with documents, gave him new nomination letter and told him he can apply for BOWP. contact AiNP and explain ur situation may be they will able to issue new nomination with clarification in it so u can get BOWP.someone said ppl who got nomination after september last year are fine to get BOWP even under employer driven stream..
do it contact ainp and let us know wht happen.

juggy T

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30 december 2014
Med's Request
14 january 2015
Mariolopez said:
does ur nomination says tht no employment restriction...because i think guy name imfromprague got refused and AINP help him out with documents, gave him new nomination letter and told him he can apply for BOWP. contact AiNP and explain ur situation may be they will able to issue new nomination with clarification in it so u can get BOWP.someone said ppl who got nomination after september last year are fine to get BOWP even under employer driven stream..
do it contact ainp and let us know wht happen.
yeah i know but the think is now my work permit expired already on january 15th, so i cant apply now if i want to apply then i need to apply for restoration period and stop my work right away. thts why i applied second time for my closed permit.

juggy T

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30 december 2014
Med's Request
14 january 2015
Martinfromprague said:
Hi everyone!
I'm an AINP nominee under employer driven steam, applied for BOWP in Nov, got a refusal on Jan 13, same date I contacted AINP office and they asked me to fax the docs to their office.

Today an AINP agent called me and faxed me a new version of my AINP certificate, where it states that there is no restriction on employment. Then I called CIC and the agent told me that I can apply for BOWP with that new certificate, just have to explain all the situation in the letter and they should refund the first fee payment. But I still have to wait a regular processing time again.

If you received your nomination in September and later you shouldn't have any problem, because it states that there is no restriction on the employment. It is in ALBERTA, other provinces have to check with their offices.

Good luck!
congrats bud atleast you have time on your work permit , please can you tell me about your old nomination letter ,whats on that, like on mine there is employer driven stream
employer name ,my noc code
for cic use - worker with job offer
nothing saying like that employment restriction

and on your new nomination what they changed ??

glmmoula

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Martinfromprague said:
Hi everyone!
I'm an AINP nominee under employer driven steam, applied for BOWP in Nov, got a refusal on Jan 13, same date I contacted AINP office and they asked me to fax the docs to their office.

Today an AINP agent called me and faxed me a new version of my AINP certificate, where it states that there is no restriction on employment. Then I called CIC and the agent told me that I can apply for BOWP with that new certificate, just have to explain all the situation in the letter and they should refund the first fee payment. But I still have to wait a regular processing time again.

If you received your nomination in September and later you shouldn't have any problem, because it states that there is no restriction on the employment. It is in ALBERTA, other provinces have to check with their offices.

Hi Martinfromprague:
What # did you call to talk to an AINP officer? Could i have that # please.
I have to apply for BOWP and i want to get a latest version of my AINP nomination letter so that CIC will not refuse my BOWP application. I can have the BOWP in one short!
Good luck!

SRG

Nov 5, 2014
Hello friends need info on my bowp i apply for bowp on 26 dec with my aor and i reading in forum regarding bowp rejected due to don't attach pnp certificte and employment restrictions in pnp certificate. I am nominated from SINP and on my pnp certificate my employer name and my job noc mention and i don't read any restrication word.and i got another position in same company . so should i withdraw my bowp application and update my nomination certifcate with new position or i can apply my old pnp certifate with my bowp application. (my company is same but position is different at time of nomination and now). any suggestion would be helpful.

I already talk with cic call centre 3 times and everytime info is different.

December2013

Apr 23, 2014
Provincial nominees are no longer eligible for a BOWP. You must maintain the conditions of your nomination. The PNP can provide you with a work permit support letter to extend your work permit. The job offer must be the same job for which you were originally nominated, unless the PNP approved a revision. You will not receive an open work permit. Your work permit will be closed until you are granted PR.