+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP question - please help!

L7843257

Nov 8, 2022
Hi folks,

I have a question regarding my BOWP application and I am really concerned.

I hold PGWP and currently working for an employer. I don't have LMIA or work restrictions.

1. Should I select "Apply for a work permit with the same employer"? since IRCC has my employer info in my PR application?
2. I saw people in this forum saying leave intended work in Canada blank since it's an open work permit. Will that look confusing to visa officers- same employer but no info?

Thank you very much. Any insight would be helpful!!

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Hi folks,

I have a question regarding my BOWP application and I am really concerned.

I hold PGWP and currently working for an employer. I don't have LMIA or work restrictions.

1. Should I select "Apply for a work permit with the same employer"? since IRCC has my employer info in my PR application?
2. I saw people in this forum saying leave intended work in Canada blank since it's an open work permit. Will that look confusing to visa officers- same employer but no info?

Thank you very much. Any insight would be helpful!!
You probably already applied since then but you should select "new work permit". The Apply for a work permit with the same employer" is if you are extending a closed work permit. THE BOWP being an open work permit you leave intended work in Canada blank.