+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP: Online Application Trouble. HELP PLEASE :)

allstars_13

Jul 26, 2013
Hey guys,

I was trying to submit my open work permit application online today and this is what happened...as I answered all the questions in the evaluating questionnaires...it said that I wasn't qualified to apply for a work permit and hence still need LMO. I tried a few times but it gave the same result.

Has anyone had this problem? How can I submit BOWP online?

Begging for help!
Thanks!

Dimma

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
In order to enable the Open work permit option , In the questionnaire there are 2 questions for which you need answer as "yes" . 1. Your PR approved in principle ? 2. Applied PR with in Canada? .
For BOWP application if you have received AOR for your CEC application you can answer as "yes" for above questions.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Dimma said:
In order to enable the Open work permit option , In the questionnaire there are 2 questions for which you need answer as "yes" . 1. Your PR approved in principle ? 2. Applied PR with in Canada? .
For BOWP application if you have received AOR for your CEC application you can answer as "yes" for above questions.
Exactly!

thepervasivep1

Sep 24, 2013
iam_toby said:
***I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).

***Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?

Above 2 should be yes,not

*****Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

***Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?

Because the application(eligibilty:first stage) has been approved not PR.

Isnt it? plz tell if iam wrong?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).

- Yes.

Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

- No.

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?

- Yes.

Do you have a written job offer?

- No. ( Doesn't matter?! )

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
iam_toby said:
I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).

- Yes.

Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

- No. if you have AOR, this should be YES

- Yes.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
I disagree, as it says 'approved for permanent residence' and by getting AOR you're not approved at all, not even closely. The first question is stage 1, eligibility check after which you
get AOR, isn't it???

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
iam_toby said:
You agreed with another poster earlier this year in this exact thread - see above.
AOR, for the purposes of BOWP = approved in principle (even though we all know it's actually just acknowledgement). When applying for BOWP, that's why it's recommended you send your AOR

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
lpc19800 said:
You agreed with another poster earlier this year in this exact thread - see above.
AOR, for the purposes of BOWP = approved in principle (even though we all know it's actually just acknowledgement). When applying for BOWP, that's why it's recommended you send your AOR
Sure thing, but isn't the first question the question asking for AOR?? As AOR is the first stage approval?

- Yes.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
I'm curious as well. It seems that the "positive eligibility assessment" according to OB485a, which includes AORs, may be a more permissive standard than the "approved in principle" required by certain other processes. For example, you can get a health card in Ontario if CIC have said you're "eligible" for permanent residence, but there's some doubt as to whether an AOR amounts to such a statement.

Is there any official word from CIC about this?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
LPS said:
I'm curious as well. It seems that the "positive eligibility assessment" according to OB485a, which includes AORs, may be a more permissive standard than the "approved in principle" required by certain other processes. For example, you can get a health card in Ontario if CIC have said you're "eligible" for permanent residence, but there's some doubt as to whether an AOR amounts to such a statement.

Is there any official word from CIC about this?
I called the hotline once but they dude I talked to had no idea what he was talking about.

nick_ind

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-09-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP-G results sent with Appilcation
Med's Request
05-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
iam_toby said:

- Yes.

- No.(I wrote YES and have already received BOWP, check Yes if online app doesn't approve you bcz of this qstn)

- Yes.

anonimo

Sep 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-13
AOR Received.
23-04-13
Med's Request
accepted medical used for a wp before cec app
Passport Req..
27-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-13 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
16-12-13
Approved in principle (AIP) is not the same as AOR. It's not even a first stage approval. AOR is just a confirmation that your app is complete n will b forwarded for further processing. BUT... BUT... BUT only for BOWP purposes it will b considered as AIP so that applicants who r already in Canada and working can continue until the next stage. This refers only for BOWP, not for OPEN permit. You can apply for n open permit once u've been AIP (regardless where u r). But for bowp u can apply even with only aor BUT u need to b in Canada n working already!

Reactions: dsingh72