App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
you sure you did not send the old passport details by mistake?

Amisnic said:
appears cic has made a blunder, advise them pronto

ccirish87

Jan 28, 2015
I just called. It turns out my passport never attached.... Absolutely fuming right now!!!! Re applying this second.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Send me your contact number through the mail box service ............. you need to know some important things. I will call you

ccirish87 said:
I just called. It turns out my passport never attached.... Absolutely fuming right now!!!! Re applying this second.

vkshah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-09-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
ccirish87 said:
BOWP - March 9th

Currently on implied status. My work permit ended April 5th. I applied for PR through CEC and received AOR on Feb 19th
In my opinion, as your WP expired on 5 Apr, you should have applied for BOWP during start of 2015 (sometime before mid January) as you could notice that CIC processing time has always been to more than 1.5 months to process work permit extensions, nowadays it is 2.5 to 3 months processing time for BOWP.

You can remain on implied status till the time CIC makes a decision on your BOWP application, i.e. today is the last day of your implied status as mentioned in the BOWP refusal letter from CIC, so now you need to apply for restoration as suggested by them which seems appropriate.

If your WP was valid until today and got refusal of your BOWP today, then definitely CIC made blunder, but that's not the case, right ? Your WP has expired way back, and you have paid penalty to apply BOWP quite late, i.e. less than a month ago of your status validity, even though CIC updates processing time on website showing 40 days, 50 days, 70+ days now etc.

Anyway, never look back, and move forward, try to contact CIC with your concerns and see if they reverse the decision.

Good luck.

kimchill

Star Member
May 12, 2015
I don't understand - isn't it this is a mandatory section? We need to upload the passport page to complete the application.

ccirish87 said:

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Yes, that is true, it should not have progressed unless the PP was attached. It might have been caused by a glitch in their systems.

So cruel, the least they could have done was request you to send it again.

WOW, looks like the pressure on CIC staff is full on.

kimchill said:
I don't understand - isn't it this is a mandatory section? We need to upload the passport page to complete the application.

DesiTorontino

Mar 13, 2015
So we atleast know now that CIC has touched 12th march applications. Thanks for an update Selm.
Clearly CIC has stopped processing applications this week. Otherwise, their was no chance Jayvyas (13th March applicant), would have been waiting this whole week.

What i don't understand that how can CIC ever think of stop processing applications. Aren't they sensitive about the fact that ppl might have to stop working, if their work permit expires. I know in implied status you can work. But i also know that certain employers don't understand implied status and they need a work permit, to allow you to work. I know few people asked to take leaves, until they get a BOWP.

Either CIC should educate the employers about the implied status or should consider issuing a BOWP automatically to PR applicants, who receives an AOR.

May be someday sometime any CIC official read this post and understand, the anxiety and agony they create, while working with their whims and fancies.

Sic!

Selm said:
Hi ,

I think yes, they will comeback via email to pay the rest of the amount. One of my friend applied on Mar 12th and he got approved on 15th May. seems after Mar 12, they put hold on the applications as your application(Mar 13) still in Open state.(Just a guess). And this week is done... hope they will start work on Mar 13 applications from next week.

Let's hope for the best.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Well said Desi, +1 to you.

I am sic of all this too ........... just want to go back home.

DesiTorontino said:
So we atleast know now that CIC has touched 12th march applications. Thanks for an update Selm.
Clearly CIC has stopped processing applications this week. Otherwise, their was no chance Jayvyas (13th March applicant), would have been waiting this whole week.

What i don't understand that how can CIC ever think of stop processing applications. Aren't they sensitive about the fact that ppl might have to stop working, if their work permit expires. I know in implied status you can work. But i also know that certain employers don't understand implied status and they need a work permit, to allow you to work. I know few people asked to take leaves, until they get a BOWP.

Either CIC should educate the employers about the implied status or should consider issuing a BOWP automatically to PR applicants, who receives an AOR.

May be someday sometime any CIC official read this post and understand, the anxiety and agony they create, while working with their whims and fancies.

Sic!

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
It appears everything else is being sacrificed for EE

DesiTorontino said:

Sic!

prentiss18

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
hi.. it happened to us as well..the problem is the scanned copy of the passport wasnt good enough for them. its not that clear. and some of my tfw...(coz we renewed lots at the same time).. some of them they ask to resend the passport..and some of them they just refused right away with out even asking for a new one. good thing their work permit is still valid that time. and the processing time is not that long. but still we paid twice.

ccirish87

Jan 28, 2015
So when attaching all the files something clearly went wrong and my passport didn't attach. I have all the files that I "Sent" here in a folder. Just for whatever reason the passport didn't attach.

Right now i'm in the process of applying for restoration along with a new work permit. According to CIC I need to stop working until I receive my new work permit. Since the only reason it was turned down was that my picture didn't attach then there won't be an issue. I just need to stop working is all which isn't really an issue right now.

also vkshah,

I wasn't going to apply with out receiving AOR which I didn't get till the end of Feb.

DesiTorontino

Mar 13, 2015
CIC asks us to fill our Emial ID and phone number in our application forms. For what?
Cant they just freaking call us/email us incase they find a document not uploaded properly. Why do they charge us so much money then?

...and it was so easy for them to say "you need to stop working"

Feel sorry for you ccirish!

ccirish87 said:
So when attaching all the files something clearly went wrong and my passport didn't attach. I have all the files that I "Sent" here in a folder. Just for whatever reason the passport didn't attach.

Right now i'm in the process of applying for restoration along with a new work permit. According to CIC I need to stop working until I receive my new work permit. Since the only reason it was turned down was that my picture didn't attach then there won't be an issue. I just need to stop working is all which isn't really an issue right now.

also vkshah,

I wasn't going to apply with out receiving AOR which I didn't get till the end of Feb.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Also, go into your MyCIC and see if the passport attachment is showing.

To all others, might pay to take a "Screen Shot" of your application and attached docs screen in case the same happens to you.

ccirish87 said:
I sent them a copy of my work permit and passport! I don't understand.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Just checked my application and yes, the PP is a "supporting" and not an "optional" doc. The application could not have been submitted without it. Perhaps by mistake someone at CIC deleted it.

So ccirish ................ please go to your local MPs office, explain and seek assistance.

You cannot restore your worker status as your WP has expired, therefore you cannot (re) apply for a BOWP as you will not be eligible.

Clearly there has been a mistake and/or error of the CIC side of things and they should re-consider.

Amisnic said:
Also, go into your MyCIC and see if the passport attachment is showing.

To all others, might pay to take a "Screen Shot" of your application and attached docs screen in case the same happens to you.

vkshah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-09-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
ccirish87 said:

also vkshah,

I don't think it's only an issue of not attaching the passport in application, they must have tracked you and so they claim that last valid status was today when decision is made on your BOWP.

the basic issue is applying everything late - even though you got AOR on Feb 19, you applied BOWP on March 9 (more than 2 weeks was taken by you to apply BOWP after AOR!!), knowing your WP expiring on Apr 5 and knowing well about CIC delays too, each day is critical when you decide to apply on tight dates, for eg. you got AOR on Feb as you must be late Sep or Oct applicant, while you could have applied PR quite earlier as well, sometime before June, if it was possible.

I wish you get the decision to be reversed .. all the best once again