+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
yes that right

depending on category u r in

fsw2 - lmo validated - choose same employer to further support ur applied pr file

cec - lmo n/a - choose new employer

prospective employer details - n/a

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
I think I chose "same" employer. I'll update this thread about whether it worked or not. But the fact that it's a bridging permit (and the explanation letter makes this clear) should hopefully mean it doesn't matter.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
LPS said:
I think I chose "same" employer. I'll update this thread about whether it worked or not. But the fact that it's a bridging permit (and the explanation letter makes this clear) should hopefully mean it doesn't matter.
Second that. It's an open work permit anyway, so 'new' or 'same' shouldn't matter, since it's not
bound to an employer.

wchlin81

Aug 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-03-2013
Hi, I am submitting one for my fiancee now, as his visa expires in January and now we are in the 4 month requirement. He received a receipt/email from the govt providing his applicant number and UCI number so I guess we are just waiting for that to come through, whenever it will.

I have a few questions specifically on the BOWP:

1. I tried to pay the fee online but I have to select a class and that's for immigration. I included in the URL here to show I did try to go through it unless I'm on the wrong page.

eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

2. Can I actually apply for this online? the extend your work permit webpage tells you you can but I didn't get anywhere after answering a bunch of questions

3. if I have to mail this, is it the Unit 555 address from CPC Vegreville?
Work Permit
6212-55th Avenue – Unit 555
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

Many thanks

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
You should be able to submit it online, and DO NOT pay in advance, as you'll be asked to pay the fees at the very end of the online application.

wchlin81 said:
Hi, I am submitting one for my fiancee now, as his visa expires in January and now we are in the 4 month requirement. He received a receipt/email from the govt providing his applicant number and UCI number so I guess we are just waiting for that to come through, whenever it will.

I have a few questions specifically on the BOWP:

1. I tried to pay the fee online but I have to select a class and that's for immigration. I included in the URL here to show I did try to go through it unless I'm on the wrong page.

eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

2. Can I actually apply for this online? the extend your work permit webpage tells you you can but I didn't get anywhere after answering a bunch of questions

3. if I have to mail this, is it the Unit 555 address from CPC Vegreville?
Work Permit
6212-55th Avenue – Unit 555
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

Many thanks

wchlin81

Aug 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-03-2013
cecbear said:
You should be able to submit it online, and DO NOT pay in advance, as you'll be asked to pay the fees at the very end of the online application.
Hi

It took me FOREVER to figure out I shouldn't have chosen "move there" on my first question but "work"...

Now I just need to scan his digital photo and make him sign the representative doc (me) and the schedule 1, then we should be able to submit this tomorrow!

Fingers crossed.

Thanks a lot!

Cruiser55

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
21.02.2014 RPRF and BIODATA requested
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi,
I am on a closed work permit until September 2014 (I am currently unemployed as I was laid off) and to be able to work again, I applied online for my BOWP on August 29th with a letter of explanation after receiving my AOR.

I know that it takes around 30 - 35 days to get a BOWP, and when I called CIC today they informed that CIC is now currently working on applications received on August 10th and it will be another 2 - 3 weeks before they will be able to start work on my application.

My question is that since my current closed work permit expires on September 2014 and keeping in mind this delay in processing my BOWP, will they only give me the BOWP until September 2014 or will it be given for 1 year (as the CIC website says) from the date of it's issue?

I am just afraid that this delay in processing my BOWP will only result in the eating away from my 1 year (by CIC regulations) BOWP duration time.

Please advice.

knm30

Aug 18, 2011
hi any one recently received BOWP.
If so when did you apply and when did you get it.
please share info.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Cruiser55 said:
Hi,
I am on a closed work permit until September 2014 (I am currently unemployed as I was laid off) and to be able to work again, I applied online for my BOWP on August 29th with a letter of explanation after receiving my AOR.

I know that it takes around 30 - 35 days to get a BOWP, and when I called CIC today they informed that CIC is now currently working on applications received on August 10th and it will be another 2 - 3 weeks before they will be able to start work on my application.

My question is that since my current closed work permit expires on September 2014 and keeping in mind this delay in processing my BOWP, will they only give me the BOWP until September 2014 or will it be given for 1 year (as the CIC website says) from the date of it's issue?

I am just afraid that this delay in processing my BOWP will only result in the eating away from my 1 year (by CIC regulations) BOWP duration time.

Please advice.
Replied on PM - - 1 yr from issue date

adusur

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Finally got my BOWP is approved today morning. Filed BOWP online on 12 Aug. After lot of follow up calls heard the good news today.

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
adusur said:
Finally got my BOWP is approved today morning. Filed BOWP online on 12 Aug. After lot of follow up calls heard the good news today.
Congrats adusur !

Did you apply online and without AOR ? Could you please confirm for the benefit of others ?

adusur

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
waitstartedaug13 said:
Did you apply online and without AOR ? Could you please confirm for the benefit of others ?
I have applied online on Aug 12 with out AOR. I have attached an explanation letter though.

adusur

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Hi,
My workpermit was approved on Yesterday and it is mailed to my address via canada post.

I have a question here, do I receive any email regarding the work permit approval?

I appreciate your response.