+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP eligibility requirements - please read.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
GinnyPi said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

ROEs are not administered by CIC, so CIC officers would not have access. In Canada we have privacy laws and your information can only be used for the purposes for which it is collected. ROEs are not issued for immigration purposes, so an immigration officer would not have it unless you provided it to them. ROEs are administered by Service Canada.

Another example: T4s. If CIC officers have access to everything, why can't they just pull these from their systems instead of asking us to send them in as part of our applications?
Agreed.

Canada has very strong privacy regulations and this kind of information is not shared between different government agencies / bodies.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Oh well that is alright too... its not bad news as such...
But I hope if they need the doc they ask me.. instead of rejecting the app saying there were no docs available...
Phewwww I pray

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll have to let us know what happens. Good luck.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Scylla my brother in battle..
If we dont return... I want u to go tell the other citizens ..that Jake and winterfox died in battle fighting for their PR and BOWP.
And u must continue to save and protect our kingdom...
Godspeed brother godspeed.

Wow that was a gladiator moment.. haha

jake21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
silentThunder said:
Yes, you can with an explanation letter. Your close permit is although valid, but you dont have a job. You can attach the relevant letter from employer mentioning your last date and you will get a open work permit based on AOR.
The moot point for open work permit is to facilitate applicants who are here continue till the decision is made on their application.

So, you have to prove that your PR application is approved in principle. So, you need an AOR to apply for bowp.

Thank you Silentthunder for informing me about this.

Just to clarify, even though my present work permit expires in September 2014, once I submit my documents for PR and receive my AOR i can send a letter of explanation to the CIO and request him/her to issue me a BOWP (an open work permit) in order for me to work for any employer.

Are the chances bright if I do this? Or is this a shot in the dark?

Please advice

jake21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
jake21 said:

Just to clarify, even though my present work permit expires in September 2014, once I submit my documents for PR and receive my AOR i can send a letter of explanation to the CIO and request him/her to issue me a BOWP (an open work permit) in order for me to work for any employer.

Please advice
At the moment I am trying for hard to find an employer who is willing to give me an LMO, hope I get it so that my work situation becomes less complicated.
Even though I know that being unemployed does not affect the PR process, but at least being employed is a better position than being jobless.

Thank you.

silentThunder

Dec 2, 2012
jake21 said:

Please advice
You don't have to email CIO to issue you BOWP. You apply for BOWP just like your closed WP.
Once you apply for PR, it will take around 6 weeks to get AOR. You can apply online for BOWP. Search CIC for links and info about how to apply for BOWP.

with positive LMO, you can get a closed wp but you dont have to wait for AOR.
With BOWP, you are not tied to employer but you still have to wait till you apply and get AOR.

jake21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
silentThunder said:
You don't have to email CIO to issue you BOWP. You apply for BOWP just like your closed WP.
Once you apply for PR, it will take around 6 weeks to get AOR. You can apply online for BOWP. Search CIC for links and info about how to apply for BOWP.

with positive LMO, you can get a closed wp but you dont have to wait for AOR.
With BOWP, you are not tied to employer but you still have to wait till you apply and get AOR.

thank you silenthunder,
so this means that once I have applied for PR and get the AOR, then with that i can apply for BOWP online and keep my fingers crossed in order to get it?
Right?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
GinnyPi said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

ROEs are not administered by CIC, so CIC officers would not have access. In Canada we have privacy laws and your information can only be used for the purposes for which it is collected. ROEs are not issued for immigration purposes, so an immigration officer would not have it unless you provided it to them. ROEs are administered by Service Canada.

Another example: T4s. If CIC officers have access to everything, why can't they just pull these from their systems instead of asking us to send them in as part of our applications?
This is correct, and very important. CIC only has access to immigration related background and that on a need-to-know / given-right-to-know basis. There are a lot of privacy laws so unless you provide or authorize one government organization to have access to another's information, they won't be able to.

T4 (and I believe ROE) are CRA's business.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Jake its not necessary to keep ur fingers crossed. U can just keep it straight as well.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Winterfox said:
Jake its not necessary to keep ur fingers crossed. U can just keep it straight as well.
Dunno man. I read somewhere on this forum that keeping fingers crossed is now a CIC requirement.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
thisisauser said:
Dunno man. I read somewhere on this forum that keeping fingers crossed is now a CIC requirement.
Hahaha.. You guys are hillarious! How long should we keep our fingers crossed for? I already got my BOWP, so that means I now have to keep them crossed for my Medical Request and CEC application? :p

jake21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
shells said:
Hahaha.. You guys are hillarious! How long should we keep our fingers crossed for? I already got my BOWP, so that means I now have to keep them crossed for my Medical Request and CEC application? :p
Hi Shells,
I have recently been unemployed and have a work permit until Sept 2014 which is bound by my ex-employer.

I will be applying for PR latest by next month, is there not even a possibility that I can get an OPEN WORK PERMIT before hand. So that I can start working right away without having to undergo any obstacles?

Since, you have mentioned that you have received your BOWP.

Please advice.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
happyskier said:
Could someone provide the link to the online application for the BOWP, thanks.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp?s=1