+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - biometrics

iceaa

Jan 29, 2018
Hi Everyone,

My PR application is in process and with the current situation I'm expecting delays and my current Open Work Permit expires in less than a month.

I applied for BOWP last month and got message requesting me to give my biometrics at one of their locations. I live in Ottawa and so far all their biometrics points are closed for unknown date except "Ottawa International Airport" but don't think I can give them there (Not sure).

So, I wonder if someone is in this situation what did he do? or what can be done?

Thanks,
Ice

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone,

My PR application is in process and with the current situation I'm expecting delays and my current Open Work Permit expires in less than a month.

I applied for BOWP last month and got message requesting me to give my biometrics at one of their locations. I live in Ottawa and so far all their biometrics points are closed for unknown date except "Ottawa International Airport" but don't think I can give them there (Not sure).

So, I wonder if someone is in this situation what did he do? or what can be done?

Thanks,
Ice
Nothing you can do but wait. You can continue working on Implied Status.

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
hi - just wondering if you've had any updates?

I was looking at the rules for waiving biometrics for temporary residence applicants, and it says work permit applications are listed as exempt. It says that the system will still act like you have to pay, and send you a BIL but you don't have to pay it or do it. The text doesn't prescriptively mention BOWP but I am wondering if BOWP counts in this exemption seeing as it is a type of WP... does anyone know?

Am asking because my current closed ICT WP is maxed out in years and ends in december. My PR application is in progress, blocked on biometrics obviously. I can apply for BOWP in august but was wondering if that too is going to get hung up on biometrics... bit worried about being able to continue to work if this drags on past december (or sooner if I get covid-laid-off).

iceaa

Jan 29, 2018
hi - just wondering if you've had any updates?

I was looking at the rules for waiving biometrics for temporary residence applicants, and it says work permit applications are listed as exempt. It says that the system will still act like you have to pay, and send you a BIL but you don't have to pay it or do it. The text doesn't prescriptively mention BOWP but I am wondering if BOWP counts in this exemption seeing as it is a type of WP... does anyone know?

Am asking because my current closed ICT WP is maxed out in years and ends in december. My PR application is in progress, blocked on biometrics obviously. I can apply for BOWP in august but was wondering if that too is going to get hung up on biometrics... bit worried about being able to continue to work if this drags on past december (or sooner if I get covid-laid-off).
Hi,

Yes, I contacted them and the 90 days auto extended until they are open again. Also they tweeted that too, so maybe you will be able to find it on Twitter.

The key point, is to start with the application, at least to my understanding. About PR, I got my PR but I wasnt asked for biometric but this can differ from one case to another.

All the best,

Regards,

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Hi,

Yes, I contacted them and the 90 days auto extended until they are open again. Also they tweeted that too, so maybe you will be able to find it on Twitter.

The key point, is to start with the application, at least to my understanding. About PR, I got my PR but I wasnt asked for biometric but this can differ from one case to another.

All the best,

Regards,
thanks, yes I understand no one is going to get rejected etc. My concern is more with my current ICT permit expiring before pr OR bowp can be approved, because both of those would be waiting for biometrics until god knows when. I was hoping the way out of this catch-22 would be that bowp counts as a temp work permit, so that it would fall into the group of application types that are exempted from biometrics for now.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Hi,

All the best,

Regards,
If you dont mind buddy your PR got approved after applying for BOWP...i mean i see your previous msgs saying you applied in april for BOWP...and in this msg you mentioned your PR got approved..may i know your PR timeline?
Thank You