Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
19-06-2012 (Mississauga). 06-11-2012 (Bogota).
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
Dani_y28 said:
I have a little concern, I was just asked for the Risk management payment and my ARC payment. they r both made and they should have received the receipts yesterday I know this by my tracking number. What I don't understand is if I had to do anything other than pay risk management as In send any paperwork or if just by my C.C they will be able to do a check on me. What I don't get is if this is the background check they ask for? Does any one have a clue?
My understanding is that once they embassy receives your receipt, they order the police certificate. They only require your CC to do these checks. There are actually 2 checks. 1, the police checks done via your payment to Risk Management. This is your national background check for Colombia. 2, RCMP/CSIS do security checks as well, which is part of the application process. They search international databases for background checks. There is no additional paperwork or fees involved in these security checks.

Dani_y28

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012 (BOG)
File Transfer...
11-09-2012
Med's Request
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
ccunnington, thank you for your info I thought it was going to be harder to obtain my record from colombia since I just got here and everything works so different that in Canada. No one seemed to give me accurate info on how I should do this step when I called almost everywhere here.. Thanks :D

ccunnington

Nov 19, 2011
Sincelejo, Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
Dani_y28 said:
ccunnington, thank you for your info I thought it was going to be harder to obtain my record from colombia since I just got here and everything works so different that in Canada. No one seemed to give me accurate info on how I should do this step when I called almost everywhere here.. Thanks :D
Yes I know how different things work down here!! I moved to Colombia 2 years ago to be with my wife while we're going through her immigration process...it has definately taken some getting used to how things work down here!!

jcb

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here are the instruction from CIC website for Colombia:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/colombia.asp

A copy of the deposit slip together with the applicant information listed above must be scanned and sent by e-mail directly to the visa office processing your case. The e-mail title must state “Background verifications” and the name of the visa office that is processing the immigration application.

The response will be sent directly to the CIC office processing your application. Please ensure that the name of the visa office is included on the payment slip as per instructions.

***ccunnington probably wanted to say:

it has definately taken some (time) getting used to how things NOT work down here!!

ccunnington

Nov 19, 2011
Sincelejo, Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
jcb said:
here are the instruction from CIC website for Colombia:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/colombia.asp

A copy of the deposit slip together with the applicant information listed above must be scanned and sent by e-mail directly to the visa office processing your case. The e-mail title must state “Background verifications” and the name of the visa office that is processing the immigration application.

The response will be sent directly to the CIC office processing your application. Please ensure that the name of the visa office is included on the payment slip as per instructions.

***ccunnington probably wanted to say:

it has definately taken some (time) getting used to how things NOT work down here!!
These instructions are ONLY if you decide to apply for the police certificate BEFORE receiving instructions from the Visa Office. I emailed the embassy so that it was 100% clear what to do with the receipt for Risk Management. They told me in their email that it had to be couriered to the embassy, not emailed, and that we do NOT email it to aplicantes@procesosec.com. They look after that once they receive the receipt. Why the discrepancy between their instructions and what shows on the website? Who knows.

jcb

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nothing is never 100 % clear when dealing with govt agencies, including cic
as per their instructions, we are submitted the police certificate at the beginning with the completed package.....stamped/sealed envelope
however, seemingly, not good enough, now they requested the "background verification"
I still believe that "Risk Management Colombia SA" is a private firm, and the price for their services just keep rising constantly....COP 30,000......COP45,000 and now COP60,000
you should consider yourself fortunate, that the VO answered your email
did you communicate them with Spanish or English ?

sabril27

Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
AOR Received.
04-04-2012
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Request
14-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/01/2013
jcb said:
congratulation, you are waiting for this for a long time
the VO definitely took their sweet time to process your case
they even had your passport since the middle of last year
good luck with your travel and the relocation to Canada
if you want to avoid to go thru USA, (needs VISA) than
Lacsa/Taca has lower priced flights than Air Canada via San Salvador to Toronto
they definitely did take their sweet time processing our case, we're just glad it's over and ready to start our lives together in canada!! Lacsa/Taca is a great route through san salvador, that's who i flew with today, definitely recommend!

Dani_y28

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012 (BOG)
File Transfer...
11-09-2012
Med's Request
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
Yes they should be more clear with these things especially when one mistake on our side is just exta time for the process. They sent me a letter asking me for my ARC and attached to that was a sample on how to fill the bank draft for Risk Management but no word on what was the process with that. We basically just guessed they needed me to make that payment. On a different note does anyone know how long they would be taking to review my RCA and give me an answer on that?

Dani_y28

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012 (BOG)
File Transfer...
11-09-2012
Med's Request
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
how can i update my info on the side with the dates of my process?

ccunnington

Nov 19, 2011
Sincelejo, Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
Dani_y28 said:
how can i update my info on the side with the dates of my process?
Once you have made 10 posts on here, you can add information to your profile

Dani_y28

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012 (BOG)
File Transfer...
11-09-2012
Med's Request
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
doorsopen said:
My friend got their visa 6 weeks after doing the second set of medicals.
What do you mean by a second set of medicals? I got asked for some medicals late August and I sent them to Ottawa. Am I gonna be asked for more? :eek:

Gaby__

Jan 17, 2013
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum and im hoping i'm writing in the correct forum. I'm a Canadian Citizen and i have just started the spousal sponsorship application in Nov 2012. I sponsored my husband that lives in Ecuador. At the current moment the status is "in queue for an interview" and I'm so worried about the interview since i have no idea what they are going to ask my husband about? Does anyone know or have gone through this process already? And will my husband have to be bring his passport to the interview or not?

i know its lots of questions but would really appreciate with some answers. As well if anyone can help me access the Bogota Canadian embassy website in order to check the status of the application since at the moment i have to write an Enquiry in order to receive a response from the embassy ( If anyone knows what im talking about)

Thank you
-Gaby

ccunnington

Nov 19, 2011
Sincelejo, Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
Dani_y28 said:
What do you mean by a second set of medicals? I got asked for some medicals late August and I sent them to Ottawa. Am I gonna be asked for more? :eek:
Medicals are good for one year. If your medicals are close to expiring, they may ask you to do another medical exam.

ccunnington

Nov 19, 2011
Sincelejo, Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
Gaby__ said:
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum and im hoping i'm writing in the correct forum. I'm a Canadian Citizen and i have just started the spousal sponsorship application in Nov 2012. I sponsored my husband that lives in Ecuador. At the current moment the status is "in queue for an interview" and I'm so worried about the interview since i have no idea what they are going to ask my husband about? Does anyone know or have gone through this process already? And will my husband have to be bring his passport to the interview or not?

i know its lots of questions but would really appreciate with some answers. As well if anyone can help me access the Bogota Canadian embassy website in order to check the status of the application since at the moment i have to write an Enquiry in order to receive a response from the embassy ( If anyone knows what im talking about)

Thank you
-Gaby
Hi Gaby...welcome to the forum! Here is a link for you to search through some sample questions for the interview. The interviews can be quite indepth, so it would be a good idea to read through all the sample questions to get an idea. Usually they ask for an interview if there are questions about the genuineness of the relationship, or if there is some information that they want clarified.

http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-immigration-interview/

Also, I would recommend ordering your GCMS notes. These are the notes that any visa officer has made on your application while working on it. It contains information about your security checks, medicals, background, and any notes or concerns that the visa officer has. This is extremely beneficial to have so that you will know beforehand the reasons why they are requiring an interview and be able to prepare for it. However, they take 30 calendar days to get, so hopefully your interview is more than 30 days away.

As far as checking the status of your application, you can't do that through the embassy website. You can do that through the ECAS system on the CIC website, but it really doesn't tell you much. The embassy may not respond to direct emails, so it likely isn't worth trying to contact them. The best way to find out what exactly is happening with your application are the GCMS notes. Here is the link under the freedom of information act to order the notes

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp

Anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask!

jcb

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I heard, there is another way to get info from embassy in Bogota about you sponsorship case, if you are

1) a canadian citizen
2) in Bogota
3) has time to try it until works

-go to the embassy early morning
-show your canadian passport
-tell them, that you want to speak to someone about taxation situation if you are living abroad
-once you are inside, take a number
-when called, explain to them, that you have a spousal sponsorship process, but it is taking to long, and you want to relocate where your spouse is, and what would be the taxation implication on your income, etc....
-with some luck, eventually, you might be able to speak an immigration officer about the status of your case
-maybe you need to go there a couple of times, until you find a right person