+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth and Marriage Certificates

malboa

Feb 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there. I am just new here.

I just have one guestion, and I hope someone could advise me.

The Canadian Embassy in our place has already sent me a letter requesting for the update of all documents I initially submitted before. It should be given to them within 60 days.

My inquiry is about the required Birth Certificate of a relative.

My Uncle, who is already a Canadian Citizen, is my 1st degree relative. It's required of me to produce his Birth and Marriage Certificates. My question is: will I still have to get the Birth Certificate of my Uncle's wife (or my Aunt), even though we have no blood relationship?

Thanks in advance.

malboa

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

malboa said:
Hello there. I am just new here.

I just have one guestion, and I hope someone could advise me.

The Canadian Embassy in our place has already sent me a letter requesting for the update of all documents I initially submitted before. It should be given to them within 60 days.

My inquiry is about the required Birth Certificate of a relative.

My Uncle, who is already a Canadian Citizen, is my 1st degree relative. It's required of me to produce his Birth and Marriage Certificates. My question is: will I still have to get the Birth Certificate of my Uncle's wife (or my Aunt), even though we have no blood relationship?

Thanks in advance.

malboa
No, they want the proof that he is your Uncle, so you only need his birth certificate, showing the same parents as either your mother or father's birth certificate, whichever one he is the brother of and your birth certificate with the parents name.

PMM