+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Play nice, Everyone. :) We need to support each other through this long process. :)

But also I was looking at the link too and it’s definitely not very clear.

We are applying from Australia and it said something about our specific application biometrics required possibly after December 31st, 2018 but it wasn’t clear if that means that they will ask for that information after that date if you have an ongoing application or if that means only if you were a new applicant applying after that date, biometrics would be required....

I guess we will all learn from the Middle East/Africa/Europe applicants first (July 31st)....as they are starting with those countries...
So it is pretty subjective...
If you are an citizen from say a country such as India living in say Qatar and submitted the application from Qatar.. as per the logic you don’t need apply for Biometrics but since other hand since you are applying from Qatar you maybe subject to Biometics it’s all subject to interpretation... don’t which one holds true... FAQ is needed :D

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
For people who know how to read. You can see that the website asks to Select the country code that matches the one on your passport to check if biometrics is applicable

Which means the country of your nationality NOT where you are currently living or filed the application from.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Play nice, Everyone. :) We need to support each other through this long process. :)

But also I was looking at the link too and it’s definitely not very clear.

We are applying from Australia and it said something about our specific application biometrics required possibly after December 31st, 2018 but it wasn’t clear if that means that they will ask for that information after that date if you have an ongoing application or if that means only if you were a new applicant applying after that date, biometrics would be required....

I guess we will all learn from the Middle East/Africa/Europe applicants first (July 31st)....as they are starting with those countries...
Looks like for the vast majority of European countries it says that they don’t need biometrics if application was received before July 31st. I think most likely it will be the same for Australian applicants with an ongoing applications in December :)

1887CAN

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Also to add to this, the links I followed stated that ‘In Canada’ applicants are exempt from biometrics until some time in 2019, as they’ve not got the system and infrastructure in place yet.

Not sure if there are nationality based exceptions to this, it wasn't clear if so. However, at the port of entry all refugee, asylum, and work permit applicants will need to give biometrics. The CBSA would appear to have the technology available to take and store this data. From 2019 onwards, it would appear there will be a network available across the country to take this data for all applicants in all classes.

Vardgevg1

Sep 29, 2018
Hello guys,

Can anyone advise me on the following situation?

My status is:

Biometrics We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details., But I haven't receive any message. I have reported technical issue, but again there is no response. Does anyone have the same situation? What should I do?

Thanks in advance

Uwaifo gift

Sep 9, 2017
Hello guys,

My status is:

Biometrics We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details., But I haven't receive any message. I have reported technical issue, but again there is no response. Does anyone have the same situation? What should I do?

Thanks in advance
When did u sumit your application?

Uwaifo gift

Sep 9, 2017
Hello guys,

My status is:

Thanks in advance
When did u sumit your application?