+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics inland required?

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before but it's quite urgent. I applied to EE via FSW and got AOR and BIL request. I applied with my spouse as dependent who is currently in Canada as a student while I'm in US.

I received the BIL request for her, and we're trying to understand whether she has to leave the country or not to take biometrics. On the letter it says "Note: If you received this letter you must give your biometrics before coming to Canada and are not eligible to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a Canadian port of entry. If you are already in Canada, you will have to leave the country to provide your biometrics."

But when reading here it says the opposite: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=717&top=19
If you apply to extend your stay, your study permit or work permit or apply for permanent residence You don’t have to give your biometrics until we open biometrics collection centres in Canada in 2019.

Which one is correct?

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
Please anyone? I need advise as I've been unable to reach anyone at the CIC number and need to schedule trip otherwise.

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
For anyone in the same boat... as it turns out, this Biometrics request was sent by mistake !

I just received this letter on my account:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. A letter requesting that you complete a Biometric Assessment was sent in error. Please disregard that request, as the following individual(s) is/are not required to complete any Biometric Assessments for this application at this time: <spouse name>
This is very frustrating, as we had already arranged for an international flight ticket which we now not need.