+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biologists and Related Scientists -Noc 2121 EXPLAINED

S

shibuya

With innovations in technology, the field of science has always been booming with new technologies and inventions coming about. As one of the developed nations in the world, the nation would always be upbeat to make it better. And so, the Research and Development sector in the nation in Canada is always booming. Over the years, it has been seen that the number of biologists and other scientists have increased in number. Specific fields such as human genome, genetically modified organisms, pharmacology etc are some of the booming sectors in the nation. It is being anticipated that in the coming years, the number of scientists are going to increase tremendously. The various designations under this field include immunologist, ecologist and anatomist and so on. Thus, the occupation of Biologists and Related Scientists in Canada is present in Canada’s new list of 29 occupations for immigration under federal skilled worker program.

Qualifying Criteria for Immigration

1.An applicant should at least have a bachelors degree in Biology or higher.
2.An experience of at least one year in research or as a scientist specializing in the field of biology or related areas.
3.A person must have an experience of around 2-4 years; although the actual number of years of experience to apply under this occupation is dependent on many factors such as whether the applicant is married and his English language skills.
Duties & Responsibilities

A biologist is subject to perform (some/all) the duties mentioned below:

•Planning and conducting environmental studies, characteristics pertaining to the functions as well as the behavior of the plants and animals. Along with this, the distribution, structure and the population studies.
•Conducting experiments on the growth of plants
and animals, breeding and heredity.
•Classification, identification and studying the specimens of plants and animals.
•The incumbent might have to supervise biological technicians and technologists as well as other scientists.
•Conducting studies on environmental impact and ecology and preparing reports for the same.
•Planning for the effective management of renewable sources.
However, with each job, the duties and responsibilities vary. Thus, based on the qualification, an individual would be subject to a particular occupation in this field.

Above all, Canada being a developed nation provides lots of opportunities to highly educated personnel in the field of Research and Development. So, grab this opportunities to seek better standards for life.

nazia vora

Jun 2, 2010
HI,

i hav just graduated in BSC (ZOOLOGY)..soo....what kind of further studies n experience do i need to qualify under this NOC ( 2121)????

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nazia vora said:
HI,

i hav just graduated in BSC (ZOOLOGY)..soo....what kind of further studies n experience do i need to qualify under this NOC ( 2121)????
Hi nazia,

Please read the post by Shibuya carefully regarding qualification and Experience reqiured and also check the CIC website for more details.

Mitali

cyberdesi

Jul 17, 2010
shibuya said:
Cyberdesi,
This post is dedicated to u. Hope it helps u.
Hi Shibuya
Thanks for the info.
Here I have more questions..you gave me three points I guess one must be eligible all three said points. RIGHT?
The experience must be in govt. agencies? or Pvt firms? towards research?
More over once I immigrated DO I need to work in the same field?

S

shibuya

Not required. You will be a free bird and can sit on any branch.

cyberdesi

Jul 17, 2010
shibuya said:
Not required. You will be a free bird and can sit on any branch.
thanks for quick response,more questions: Is it hard 4 me to get skilled worker visa?Is it perfectly alright to come under Biologist/scientist even though I have MS in computer sci and experience in computers?(ofcourse COMP is NOT in the list) Will this affect getting visa?

shijoal

Feb 27, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
06-09=2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
iam workng as senior research fellow in agri university.
i have completed my msc in agriculture

will i be able to qualify?

bindualookaran@yahoo.in

bindu

S

shibuya

What agriculture has done to mankind is provide it with food security. Feeding billions of people worldwide is not a joke. The agricultural scientists have worked on providing better yielding varieties take for instance currently much debated GMO’s. The agricultural scientists engage at understanding current practices of agriculture i.e. the growth, harvesting and marketing of plant & animal products.

If today we have better cereals, grains, vegetables, fruits, milk and meat products it’s the work of our agricultural scientists. Agricultural scientists work in fields like

•Food science
•Horticulture/plant science
•Animal science
•Soil science
Canada invites agricultural scientists to its workforce

Canada is one of the leading producer as well as exporter of agricultural products. The nation has a large potion of its economy coming from agriculture. Canada is currently facing a shortage of biologists particularly,

•Agricultural scientists
•Agro geologist
•Agriculture research officers
•Technicians
Canada has placed these occupations under the priority list, ensuring faster visa processing to all those who apply. You do not even require an employment letter from any Canada employer before applying.

Prospects for agriculture scientists is just too bright

As an agricultural scientist can work with

•Federal organizations
•NGO’s
•Agro based industries
•Research projects
•Teaching
•Private consultants to firms or government bodies
An agricultural scientist clearly earns around CDN$35,000-66,000 annually in Canada. Toronto, Ontario as per the survey is one of the best provinces for agro sciences.

The minimum qualifications of an agricultural scientist

You must have a bachelor’s degree preferably in agricultural sciences. A masters or PhD will increase your options.

Your qualifications have to be approved by a Canadian regulatory body.

Life is healthier and safer with our increasing food standards; agricultural scientists have redefined our conventional mindset on farming

shijoal

Feb 27, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
06-09=2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
thanks alot for ur great reply. it is vry much appreciated.

bindu

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
My wife has done her Master in Fisheries Science and having a experience of three years as part time lecturer in Fisheries ( for 3 academic session), eight month as astt. Manager (Hatcheries) 6 Month as research asst. I just wanted to know ,whether she can under this category.

Rajan

shijoal

Feb 27, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
06-09=2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
yes, i hope she would be eligible.
where r u from ? r u from kerala?

bindu

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
She has done her Msc from Manglore university of agriculture sciences,but presently staying in chandigarh.

PJT1979

May 10, 2016
HI

I have completed Masters in Environmental Science and have 15 years of experience as Project officer in various non-governmental organisations. I have experience in environmental education, EIA, Waste management and sanitation. Will there be any job opportunities for me in canada? Please advice.