+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Redfield said:
Many provinces including Quebec have specific programs to keep their temporary students, if you got a univeristy degree in Quebec and speak french then they'll automatically give their selection certificate and apply for PR. So maybe enough with the alternative facts, when you land for the first time as a temporary student they give you documentation about how you can become PR after graduating, I think this speaks for itself. The fact that you consider that pre-pr credit should be voided when it's an actual campaign promise that aims at helping those who got hit the worst by C-24 but whine because you gotta do 4 years instead of 3 and manage to spit on people who already did 8 in the process shows just how self centered you are.
Students are temporary residents and should leave the country. If he/she wants to overstay that is against the law. This is common sense and written when you applied for a student visa.

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Whocares said:
It is so dumb and makes no sense to count pre pr. unfair for all other immigrants who are waiting. For example, Some1 came as a student for 4 years to get a phd, why counting 2 years towards his res. ? He got his degree because that was his intention. However, I slightly agree with temp workers to get pre pr.
I know why the thread gets boring and lengthy as senate's debate, some people just have too much time on hand just to instigate and well rest fall into it too. So both to be blamed. As for student's pre PR time, many come here with an intent to leave after their degrees and after years of torture, say in a PhD program, at minimum pay and working off campus, they feel integrated and feel why move to another country as it is tedious and emotionally draining. Let's stay here and becoming a citizen will open more doors. They let go of many plans and in the end get stuck in the middle of nowhere. If you are referring to immigration fraud by enrolling in blacklisted colleges, I agree, there should be a bar. Think economically, Canadian education is subsidised and advanced degree candidates in tech field get trained and leave for US and pay taxes there from day one. US benefits as no taxpayers dollars spent but taxes earned. So pretty much canada sows the seeds, raises the crop and others come and harvest it and take it when it is due, doesn't make any sense. Plus the tech deficit in canada is surplus, no production lines, no R&D, nothing.

The reason I replied here was that WhoCares, so why do you?

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
vasyok said:
Visitors/students/workers do not usually interview with the Canadian VO during the application process. They submit the required documents and that's all; none of the documents asks them to "promise" not to immigrate to Canada, nor it asks whether they have applied for PR in the past. (For the US, one needs to disclose a previous green card application, but it does not ban the person from getting a visa).
You really need to get your facts straight. If you look at the CIC website, the very first requirement listed to get a study permit is:

- meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, including leaving Canada at the end of your studies;

Here's the link so you can see it for yourself.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269ETOC.asp#5269E2

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
Redfield said:
Yes it's automatic granted if you apply for it of cours, it's not a matter of priority, you just have to satify to the criterias and ask for the CSQ, you receive it whitin 20 days usually. And there are two programs one for temporary students and the other one for temporary worker
Could be new rules ;D I am not aware about it ;)

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
While my point stands, unless you have proof that applicants actually stated their intentions of staying in Canada for PR / Citizenship in their study, visitor, work visa applications and actually gotten their visas, my point stands. Omission of intention to stay as PR/citizenship in any visa applications is still "lying by omission".
Your signature states "2012 Canada Inland Spousal Sponsorship Timeline", so I assume you or your spouse immigrated to Canada through the sponsorship program. Since it was "inland" program, you/your spouse must have been residing IN Canada. Did you/your spouse lied on to the visa officer at the time of temporary visa application (visitor/student/worker) and/or to the CBSA officer when entering Canada about your intention to immigrate to Canada?

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontosm said:
You really need to get your facts straight. If you look at the CIC website, the very first requirement listed to get a study permit is:

- meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, including leaving Canada at the end of your studies;

Here's the link so you can see it for yourself.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269ETOC.asp#5269E2
I'm afraid you are confusing "overstaying" with the requirement to leave the country (like the one J1 students have in US). Student visa holders are not required to leave Canada, they are required to not overstay the duration of the visa. These are different things.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Confused in Montreal said:
I know why the thread gets boring and lengthy as senate's debate, some people just have too much time on hand just to instigate and well rest fall into it too. So both to be blamed. As for student's pre PR time, many come here with an intent to leave after their degrees and after years of torture, say in a PhD program, at minimum pay and working off campus, they feel integrated and feel why move to another country as it is tedious and emotionally draining. Let's stay here and becoming a citizen will open more doors. They let go of many plans and in the end get stuck in the middle of nowhere. If you are referring to immigration fraud by enrolling in blacklisted colleges, I agree, there should be a bar. Think economically, Canadian education is subsidised and advanced degree candidates in tech field get trained and leave for US and pay taxes there from day one. US benefits as no taxpayers dollars spent but taxes earned. So pretty much canada sows the seeds, raises the crop and others come and harvest it and take it when it is due, doesn't make any sense. Plus the tech deficit in canada is surplus, no production lines, no R&D, nothing.

The reason I replied here was that WhoCares, so why do you?
AGAIN. I wish you all get what you want and your family. Someone who is/was a student was saying that he does not support 3/5 and supports the pre pr. Pre pr is purely against the law and should be considered as an immigration fraud. If you are really professional, then apply as a skilled worker. It is very funny someone came to study and get back home to overstay and even wants to claim pre pr years...

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
Whocares said:
Students are temporary residents and should leave the country. If he/she wants to overstay that is against the law. This is common sense and written when you applied for a student visa.
At this moment I cannot actually decide if you are convinced by this or just blindly saying stuff cause you like to be right. You have to leave Canada if your permit expire, even if it expires you have a period of 90 days to renew your papers. There are countless programs to extend your stay as a visitor, as a student or switch as a worker (ever heard of the post graduate work permit, or conveniently forgot about it ?). Also every immigration program including provincial nominees grant advantages to students who graduated in Canada because Canada wants to keep their students. So your argument is indeed invalid, Canada and provinces are doing all they can to keep students who graduated in Canada

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
vasyok said:
I'm afraid you are confusing "overstaying" with the requirement to leave the country (like the one J1 students have in US). Student visa holders are not required to leave Canada, they are required to not overstay the duration of the visa. These are different things.

They are required, double check the students visa application.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
vasyok said:
Your signature states "2012 Canada Inland Spousal Sponsorship Timeline", so I assume you or your spouse immigrated to Canada through the sponsorship program. Since it was "inland" program, you/your spouse must have been residing IN Canada. Did you/your spouse lied on to the visa officer at the time of temporary visa application (visitor/student/worker) and/or to the CBSA officer when entering Canada about your intention to immigrate to Canada?
Nope. She didn't lie when she applied for TRV. She was granted TRV when she was single and we didn't get married when she came to Canada. She came temporarily to visit Canada and left. We got married a year later AFTER she LEFT Canada. There was no intention to stay as PR or citizenship when she applied for visitor visa. So nice try spinning the table on me. Better luck next time.

BTW: When we moved back to Canada, I stated my intention to sponsor my wife for PR at the Canada Border. We told them everything. They could have easily denied my wife entry since she has TRV and only suppose to stay temporarily. Guess what, they gave my wife a visitor record with a date to LEAVE CANADA. No documents anywhere provided to us or to my wife that she can stay permanently. They told me that I have to submit a spousal PR application before her visitor stay is up and ask for a visitor extension so she can "LEGALLY" live in Canada during PR process. She gotten an extension with a new LEAVE CANADA date.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Oh how remarkable it is how much some immigrants hate on/judge other immigrants in an immigration forum.

That's like the definition of irony.

"I am a good immigrant, but those bad ones BETTER GET OUT OF THE COUNTRY, yo! They were never to stay here in the first place. I should be entitled to X but they should never be."

Lol

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whocares said:
They are required, double check the students visa application.
Let's assume you are right (you are not, but just for fun let's do this). Then it means that CIC wrongfully granted PRs to literally thousands of students under CEC program. They also wrongfully granted thousands of post-grad work permits... Don't you think that CIC would have noticed that they are doing something illegal (i.e., granting PRs/work permits to people who cannot be in Canada)? :)

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
Or that the Prime Minister himself is granting Pre-PR credits to tons of illegal students. Better start emailing newspapers

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
vasyok said:
Let's assume you are right (you are not, but just for fun let's do this). Then it means that CIC wrongfully granted PRs to literally thousands of students under CEC program. They also wrongfully granted thousands of post-grad work permits... Don't you think that CIC would have noticed that they are doing something illegal (i.e., granting PRs/work permits to people who cannot be in Canada)? :)
Indeed there is a whole PR program CEC exclusively intended for people to switch from temporary to permanent residency.
There even is an inland landing process for people who get their CoPR while living in Canada.

So to say that whoever comes to Canada as a TR has no right to apply for PR/does so illegally... Well that's just plain wrong. IRCC themselves has programs for this exact process.