Bill C-6: Senate stage

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zion786 said:
Simmer people...simmerrrrr..:)
Hahahah - it's a lot. Even after a nice bottle of red I can't bring myself to read some of these comments. It's like immigrants gone rogue.

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Immigrants gone rouge. I actually loled!...priceless. I just find it amusing that people are reacting as if this will bring life to a standstill.The only additional right you get when ur a citizen compared to a PR, is the right to vote. If ur worried about traveling, there's that additional visa requirement for other countries, (depending on what passport you currently hold) but considering ur a canadian PR getting one should be a breeze for any country. So life is good, relax, nothing we say here will expedite the process. BTW...THE BILL WILL PASS!!!!...:p..MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE...CHEERS!!...NOW GO OUT AND GET PLASTERED, ITS FRIDAY NIGHT...<3

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zion786 said:
Immigrants gone rouge. I actually loled!...priceless. I just find it amusing that people are reacting as if this will bring life to a standstill.The only additional right you get when ur a citizen compared to a PR, is the right to vote. If ur worried about traveling, there's that additional visa requirement for other countries, (depending on what passport you currently hold) but considering ur a canadian PR getting one should be a breeze for any country. So life is good, relax, nothing we say here will expedite the process. BTW...THE BILL WILL PASS!!!!...:p..MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE...CHEERS!!...NOW GO OUT AND GET PLASTERED, ITS FRIDAY NIGHT...<3
Amen.

SufferInCan

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
RSM92 said:
I can confirm that an amendment proposing to increase the residency time is expected.

From an e-mail from one of Senator Omidvar's staffers:
"You are right, we are expecting an amendment as early as next Tuesday that proposes increasing the residency time. Senator Omidvar will be opposing this amendment. I think your idea to email or call Senators to express your perspective is very wise, and indeed very helpful."

I will be emailing every senator and calling all those whom I can get a hold of. I encourage all of you to do the same. We cannot let the residency time under Bill C-6 get increased! This would serve to eviscerate the original intention of the bill as well as unnecessarily prolong most of us acquiring citizenship.

Let's do this.
https://twitter.com/TinaSidney/status/850368463231217666

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
RSM92 said:
I can confirm that an amendment proposing to increase the residency time is expected.

From an e-mail from one of Senator Omidvar's staffers:
"You are right, we are expecting an amendment as early as next Tuesday that proposes increasing the residency time. Senator Omidvar will be opposing this amendment. I think your idea to email or call Senators to express your perspective is very wise, and indeed very helpful."

I will be emailing every senator and calling all those whom I can get a hold of. I encourage all of you to do the same. We cannot let the residency time under Bill C-6 get increased! This would serve to eviscerate the original intention of the bill as well as unnecessarily prolong most of us acquiring citizenship.

Let's do this.
Wow..Guys pick your phones and call independent Senators.

Also, PM/Minister should clearly convey(before vote on this amendment) that HoC will DOA this bill if that happens.

Call PM/Minister as well to clearly oppose this amendment, before it gets voted on.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quasar81 said:
Wow..Guys pick your phones and call independent Senators.

Also, PM/Minister should clearly convey(before vote on this amendment) that HoC will DOA this bill if that happens.

Call PM/Minister as well to clearly oppose this amendment, before it gets voted on.
Wow from Tweeter revolution now back to phone revolution. This is a topic full with fun.
Keep in mind that some Senators don't pick up their phones while they are in a bathroom... should we continue to call them in this case?

Some Senators prefer SnapChat in the morning hours.

Reactions: AbdulIBX

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
MUFC said:
Wow from Tweeter revolution now back to phone revolution. This is a topic full with fun.
Keep in mind that some Senators don't pick up their phones while they are in a bathroom... should we continue to call them in this case?

Some Senators prefer SnapChat in the morning hours.
Alright,do nothing. You can just whine....

Maybe some CON senator can put in an amendment to ban whiners from citizenship. That would be nice, and it would be approved easily. Wonderful - you qualify first under that.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received the email back from Senator Black

Thank you for taking the time to write Senator Doug Black your concerns and comments on Bill C-6: An Act to amend the Citizenship Act and to make consequential amendments to another Act. As an elected-Senator from Alberta, he values the opinions and views of Albertans and Canadians on matters of importance.
Senator Black supports Bill C-6 for two reasons. The first reason is that it is safer for Canadians to keep convicted terrorists in a secure Canadian prison rather than revoking their Canadian citizenship and sending them back to their home country. Countries that have an increased risk of terrorist activity tend to have trouble maintaining law and order within their borders and if a convicted terrorist were to be reintroduced into such a chaotic environment there is an increased risk for Canadians, and the people in their home country, for a repeat offence.
The second reason is that Bill C-6 makes it easier for people to become new Canadians and integrate into Canadian society. If Canada is to grow and prosper we will need to continue to attract new Canadians. Many immigrants on the path to citizenship experience measures from our immigration system that are overly bureaucratic with no clear benefit to the broader Canadian security. Unnecessary measures should be removed for the benefit of all Canadians.
Senator Black also supports the recent amendment moved by Senator McCoy to restore due process for Canadians facing loss of citizenship for alleged fraud or misrepresentation. This would add fundamental due process safeguards including the full right to access the Federal Court without leave, or permission, for a final revocation decision to Bill C-6.
Quick Facts:
· Canadian law has allowed citizenship revocation on grounds of fraud or false representation since 1947. This is unchanged by Bill C-6 and the amendment.
· From 1988 to December 31, 2016, under the Governor In Council revocation model, there were 167 revocation decisions (IRCC statistics).
· From May 28, 2015 to December 31, 2016, under the Minister’s delegate revocation model, there were 235 revocation decisions (IRCC statistics).
· There is currently a case awaiting decision by the Federal Court on the constitutionality of the current Minister’s delegate revocation model. An earlier Federal Court decision granted a stay of some citizenship revocation proceedings (Monla v Canada (2016 FC 44)).

To stay current on the status and debates on Bill and legislative matters before Parliament, please visit LEGISinfo at www.parl.gc.ca/LEGISinfo. To stay up to date with the Senator’s work, click here to subscribe to our newsletter and follow him on Twitter @DougBlackAB.
cid:image001.jpg@01D1BB3E.23999810
Patrick D. Cousineau
Director
Office of the Honourable Doug Black, Q.C., Senator (Alberta)
The Senate of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A4
613-996-8757 | Fax 613-996-8862 | Toll free 1-800-267-7362
www.dougBLACK.ca
Stay Current. Stay Connected. Click here to sign up for our updates delivered directly to your inbox.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quasar81 said:
Alright,do nothing. You can just whine....

Maybe some CON senator can put in an amendment to ban whiners from citizenship. That would be nice, and it would be approved easily. Wonderful - you qualify first under that.
A reminder again: There is no deadlines this Bill to become a Law. And I am totally fine with that.

Reactions: AbdulIBX

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
canadasucks said:
Actually they've been playing people's life. If same thing like C-24/C-6 happens in Europe, the government would be accused of violating human rights under ECHR Article 8: Right to respect for private and family life.

Sadly, in Canada, human rights record is just a joke, even UN has criticized human rights failures in Canada. Yet Canada is still trying to claim itself being a safe heaven for asylum.
Why don't you just pack your bags and get out of here if Canada is making you so miserable. Go to Europe, live there and forget all this misery you are in.
Your comment is just deplorable, the mere fact that you can say it openly and I have t accept it is proof of how open and great Canada is

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have to say some of the tweets are ridiculous. I have no idea what logic some people are excercisig but being rude and simply saying "speed it up" - to those who are doing exactly that, really isn't helping.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
jsm0085 said:
I have to say some of the tweets are ridiculous. I have no idea what logic some people are excercisig but being rude and simply saying "speed it up" - to those who are doing exactly that, really isn't helping.
Someone tried to threaten Sen. Jaffer and ticked her off. Twitter handle 'Usha Perera' ... Wonder if they are on this forum.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
mira8098 said:
That's why I dont like politics in this country they are full of bulls*t at least Trump stuck by his promises this Trudeau just talk and thats all.

I still waiting...
Trump stuck by his promises? He has backtracked on every single one!

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
razerblade said:
Someone tried to threaten Sen. Jaffer and ticked her off. Twitter handle 'Usha Perera' ... Wonder if they are on this forum.
It's very frustrating and very poor show.