12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
spiritsoul said:
Interesting you folks read the comments on the below article:
http://www.yukon-news.com/news/lang-slams-liberal-terrorism-bill/
What can you expect other than this speech from a conservative senator who is giving an interview in Yukon territory that is highly conservative?. This is an expected reply, it all boils down to how strong are the liberal senators and the independent ones in passing that bill and what are the different bargains that both conservatives and liberals will negotiate. Liberals want the bill passed as is, conservatives want something from the liberals in exchange. So let's see what will come out of all that during the first couple of weeks of February

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
badar14 said:
He is just trying to creating drama here by showing ghosts to child and trying to play rights of people. Every crime is punishable by law and person who commit must go to jail. If you send terrorist back home whats the guarantee he will not come back to Canada on new name new passport. Instead of putting him in jail they are setting him free. on other side what you will do with those who terrorist who dont have dual citizenship. for sure terrorist is a terrorist put him in jail that's the end of story.why is that an immigrant get to have his citizenship strapped away and not other non-immigrants ?? this creates two types of Canadians…one that is superior then the other..and that’s what people like Dan Lang really want…besides the people have spoken in the house and they want Bill c-6 so Lang has to step aside and accept that.
Your answer shows that you don't really understand the argument or the law as it stands. No one is saying that terrorists should be set free. Rather, the point is that they should serve their punishment, and once completed, they should be deported to their home country. Or, they should be sent to their home country to be prosecuted and serve their sentence.

As for your comment about "why is that an immigrant get to have his citizenship strapped away and not other non-immigrants", this is completely false. The law applies to everyone, whether they are born in Canada or immigrated here. There are no two classes like the falsehood-promoting liberal fear-mongers have made it out to seem. Rather, so long as the person in question has an alternate citizenship (so that they are not rendered stateless), they will be stripped of their Canadian citizenship according to the law. So, no Canadian is superior to another, not even one that is born here.

Finally, Canada's democracy is not designed so that the Senate has to step aside and accept the will of the MP's. The Senate serves a specific purpose, and their role is to review legislation. That is exactly what this Senator is doing. Because his views are aligned with yours, that doesn't mean that he doesn't have a right to express them.

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
By the way does anyone know what other bill are currently being studied or have been referred to the Social Affairs Science and Technology committee?

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
subha_1962 said:
By the way does anyone know what other bill are currently being studied or have been referred to the Social Affairs Science and Technology committee?
Please find below :

http://www.parl.gc.ca/SenCommitteeBusiness/CommitteeStudies.aspx?parl=42&ses=1&Language=E&comm_id=1047

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
admontreal said:
Please find below :

http://www.parl.gc.ca/SenCommitteeBusiness/CommitteeStudies.aspx?parl=42&ses=1&Language=E&comm_id=1047
Thanks, so this committee currently has Bill C-6, Bill S-214, Bill S-218, and Bill C-210 to complete. Would they finish bill by bill or all four simultaneously would any one know. This might mean further delay for Bill C-6 as this was the last referred one.

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
subha_1962 said:
Thanks, so this committee currently has Bill C-6, Bill S-214, Bill S-218, and Bill C-210 to complete. Would they finish bill by bill or all four simultaneously would any one know. This might mean further delay for Bill C-6 as this was the last referred one.
Well I am sure Senator Harder will be more focused on shepherding the right Bills on the right time during 2017.
I don't believe it's a 'First referred First studied basis', 4 of them are Senate-initiated Bills and I wouldn't see them prioritizing a Bill that litterally changes two words in the National Anthem over a Bill that could potentially win them more voters JUST IN time for 2019....

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
admontreal said:
Well I am sure Senator Harder will be more focused on shepherding the right Bills on the right time during 2017.
I don't believe it's a 'First referred First studied basis', 4 of them are Senate-initiated Bills and I wouldn't see them prioritizing a Bill that litterally changes two words in the National Anthem over a Bill that could potentially win them more voters JUST IN time for 2019....
Hopefully :)

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
To my understanding, most of the bills on the committee table has either been passed by them or received Royal Accent! I think they should have no problem getting on C-6 once they come back from holidays.

HSD

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
admontreal said:
Is that normal that two pages of discussion were deleted?
Yes even I am surprised.when i pointed out that we should not pay any attention to the posts of torontosm as he has nothing to do with c6 but only
posts in various forums to seek unwanted attention and impose his viewpoints(which are strongly anti-immigrant) on others ,my post has been deleted as well.

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HSD said:
Yes even I am surprised.when i pointed out that we should not pay any attention to the posts of torontosm as he has nothing to do with c6 but only
posts in various forums to seek unwanted attention and impose his viewpoints(which are strongly anti-immigrant) on others ,my post has been deleted as well.
To HSD:
Well it was a whole discussion around citizenship revocation (core element of C-6) that was somewhat constructive, despite extreme views on each side. I believe that it would have helped other members to eventually grasp the drivers behind that clause.

To the person who deleted that content :
I should remind you that free speech is a key value in this country, and it should always be the case. As long as the discussions are gravitating around the core subject (C-6) and are not containing any injurious language , please show some open-mindness and let the discussion live. By trying to over-control, you are not helping anyone but rather censoring like the autocratic regimes some of us were happy to leave behind ....

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quasar81 said:

Senate is not sitting for 1month and posters here may spend efforts to email PM, MP, Senators to push the bill.
Sorry, but harassment is not an option either. Emailing Senator Lang everyday will not change his (very narrow) mind about the Bill.
The Bill already has the appropriate priority on the Hill, which is proportional to the interest of the Canadian people.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
admontreal said:
Sorry, but harassment is not an option either. Emailing Senator Lang everyday will not change his (very narrow) mind about the Bill.
The Bill already has the appropriate priority on the Hill, which is proportional to the interest of the Canadian people.
Nobody saying emailing Lang everyday. But emailing every month is not a bad idea. Even more important is if 20 or whatever people email in once a month to PM, Min McCallum and their MPs to keep the pressure up. Yes, it matters and yes each email from us is not a harassment but just a plain text email requesting action. That's why our taxes pay their living expenses. That's their job. That's only way to be heard.