+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Coffee1981

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
hangincanada said:
all faults of liberals. they dismissed liberal caucus. they let the power of independents grow too fast. they failed to coordinate with senators to support the promises in the election. they failed to assess the situation (Harder even yesterday estimated voting by 13 April). and yes, they are too soft at too many times.
That's a good one hahahahaha. Yeah. The Liberals fault. Buddy, if the Conservatives had won the election this bill would never have even seen the light of day, and we wouldn't even be having this discussion. You're frustrated, I get that, but it's not the Liberal's fault. They sped it through the House of Commons at lightning speed. It's the conservatives and the Independent senators and their BS amendments.

sivabalan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2013
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
At some point they (political parties) will need our votes and the senators need Political party, so they know that.

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Coffee1981 said:
That's a good one hahahahaha. Yeah. The Liberals fault. Buddy, if the Conservatives had won the election this bill would never have even seen the light of day, and we wouldn't even be having this discussion. You're frustrated, I get that, but it's not the Liberal's fault. They sped it through the House of Commons at lightning speed. It's the conservatives and the Independent senators and their BS amendments.
Liberals support Omidvar and McCoy to propose the amendment which was not a part of the bill to begin with. and that opened the window for many other amendments. Think this: what was not even in the bill could be amended, not to mention for other senators to amend the existing content of the bill. Liberal should've strengthened the liberal caucus in the senate instead of getting rid of their caucus and adding all independents to the vacant seats. now they need to deal with both and not size over them.
one step wrong, every step wrong. that is politics.
i am not frustrated. i will be eligible under c24 soon in the summer. c6 won't benefit me too much.

sivabalan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2013
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
tonyfreemania said:
Folks - I know that we are all disappointed by the relentless gamesmanship exhibited by the conservatives on this bill. We are all angry, and feel letdown. But that is not enough. Look at an article that was posted here by someone before:

"Canadians must be able to trust that the government’s legislation will be reviewed by both houses of Parliament within a reasonable time. Indeed, at Westminster, the House of Lords is bound by a longstanding convention to that effect. And in other countries, second chambers are also disciplined by strict time limits for the review of government legislation. In those countries, if the upper house has not reached a decision within the set time, a bill is deemed to have passed automatically. Not so in the Canadian Senate. In theory, the Senate can delay passage of a bill virtually indefinitely.

As an example of these delays, Bill C-6 has been in Senate limbo since June, 2016. This bill would implement a Liberal electoral promise to repeal provisions of the Citizenship Act that increased the barriers to citizenship and created two-tier citizenship for dual nationals. The bill idled at second reading from September to December 2016. Within that time, only four Opposition senators spoke. That’s one speaker per month. Ironically, under the previous government the controversial provisions of the Citizenship Act that Bill C-6 would repeal were expedited through the Senate and adopted after only two sitting days of debate."

It is clear what is happening. I, for my part, am not surprised that conservatives are doing this. We all know they hate us. Believe me, they hate your guts. They could not care less whether you swim or sink, live or die. My disappointment really lies with the seemingly naiveté of the liberals. The law we are trying to reverse was passed in two sittings. Two! We all need to twitter these liberal senators, the CIC minister and PM Trudeau to express our anger!

+1

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Senator Jaffer says/tweets she will reply to Senator Griffen amendment.

Guys, go THANK her on Twitter and encourage her. Some st*pids are insulting Senator for not pushing enough. Id*ots.

Senator Jaffer, Harder and Omidvar are our only hope.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
Sen McCoy presented her amendment on march 8th or 9th if i'm not mistaken ( almost a month ago) , approved on April 4th , that includes the 2 weeks vacation .
Don't need to see what will happen with this amendment and the "many more" to come .
IF they don't force a vote before the break , and believe me any amendment other than the fair process one will be 100% refused by the HoC .

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tyl92 said:
if this bill is so flawed , why don't they just throw it in the trash .
Today it is language and age , at committee they settled that question , the proportion of people where language skills have not been assessed during the pr process , is very LOW .. the people concerned to this are the one sponsored by family members ..Tomorrow , it will be something else .
They talked about it ever since first reading , WHY all THOSE amendments were not presented at committee stage .. They make me sick.
If someone thinks , that all this was not made on purpose , then i don't know what to say .
1. Over 50% of Immigrants are in the family class where there is no language requirement for Emigration.

YoyoTofi

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just started a Hashtag on my twitter account, please go and retweet it as you know this stuff sometimes works.

The Hashtag is #PassTheBill_C6

My twitter id: ALABEDI_A

Come on guys lets show them how many people are there who suffering from delaying this bill and from all consequences of C24. Still there is a hope so let us not give up.
:)

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
YoyoTofi said:
I just started a Hashtag on my twitter account, please go and retweet it as you know this stuff sometimes works.

The Hashtag is #PassTheBill_C6

My twitter id: ALABEDI_A

Come on guys lets show them how many people are there who suffering from delaying this bill and from all consequences of C24. Still there is a hope so let us not give up.
:)
:) Your twitter account is private. No one will see your tweets except your friends

septimius

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
tyl92 said:
Sen McCoy presented her amendment on march 8th or 9th if i'm not mistaken ( almost a month ago) , approved on April 4th , that includes the 2 weeks vacation .
Don't need to see what will happen with this amendment and the "many more" to come .
IF they don't force a vote before the break , and believe me any amendment other than the fair process one will be 100% refused by the HoC .
This is the concerning part,, a flood of amendments which will each require voting, and this way delay the vote on the original bill.

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/trudeaus-senate-representative-slams-obstructionist-conservative-delay-tactics-in-new-report