05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
vasyok said:
Total speculation on my part, but I think that we might actually see some progress on the bill. The senate is known to have a lot of behind-doors agreements between involved parties, and I believe that's what happened in recent days. Here is some 'evidence':
1. Omidvar supported cons amendment to C-4. C-4 is another bill that repeals previous cons bill (and naturally cons in the senate do care much about it). The amendment they proposed removes many parts of C-4, limiting the extent of repeal.
2. They voted yesterday on the amendment without any delay. If the cons wanted (or needed) to delay - they would repeat the same things they did last Thursday.
3. New amendments that Sen. Jaffer twitted about will be introduced by the independents (not the cons)

tl;dr: I think the 'performance' by conservative we witnessed last Thursday had only one purpose - to show that they can cause 'troubles' and delays in the senate, which in turn forced everyone to negotiate and compromise... I think they (cons/libs/independents) agreed to change both bills in a way that would 'satisfy' all the senators.
It's all possible. But even if it's true, the best case scenario is another delay for weeks or maybe for months!
Everyone might have different feelings about what is happening. Honestly, I was happy yesterday but I'm very frustrated today!

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
vasyok said:
Total speculation on my part, but I think that we might actually see some progress on the bill. The senate is known to have a lot of behind-doors agreements between involved parties, and I believe that's what happened in recent days. Here is some 'evidence':
1. Omidvar supported cons amendment to C-4. C-4 is another bill that repeals previous cons bill (and naturally cons in the senate do care much about it). The amendment they proposed removes many parts of C-4, limiting the extent of repeal.
2. They voted yesterday on the amendment without any delay. If the cons wanted (or needed) to delay - they would repeat the same things they did last Thursday.
3. New amendments that Sen. Jaffer twitted about will be introduced by the independents (not the cons)

tl;dr: I think the 'performance' by conservative we witnessed last Thursday had only one purpose - to show that they can cause 'troubles' and delays in the senate, which in turn forced everyone to negotiate and compromise... I think they (cons/libs/independents) agreed to change both bills in a way that would 'satisfy' all the senators.
Also if you see sen frum she thanked sen jaffer for supporting the bill that supports jewish , she retweeted ;D

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
monalisa said:
Also if you see sen frum she thanked sen jaffer for supporting the bill that supports jewish , she retweeted ;D
And the fact that the new amendments are represented by the independent senators also proves the point. Nobody now can technically blame neither Cons nor Liberals for delaying the Bill.

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
Varangian said:
And the fact that the new amendments are represented by the independent senators also proves the point. Nobody now can technically blame neither Cons nor Liberals for delaying the Bill.
anyways language amendments arent big deal, it might take 5 minutes and continue

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
monalisa said:
anyways language amendments arent big deal, it might take 5 minutes and continue
The Sen wrote about MANY MORE AMENDMENTS! So, I'm afraid it is possible that Language is just the beginning. Hopefully I'm mistaken!

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
RAZAAS said:
Any idea when will the bill 6 be discussed today.
I assume they might start now, if it's not adjourned.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
What i'm trying to understand is : After all this time , since the bill returned from committee , they decided to introduce amendments NOW .Especially coming from the independents ..Honestly , they are messing around .
A bill will NEVER be perfect for every single situation . Those amendments are made to cover a wider part of situations not them all .
It is more insulting than embarrassing now . They're playing with people's mind and moods . Some people are eagerly waiting for that bill to pass .
I think all of us here will apply under c24 if ever this d*** bill pass.

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
CANADIANZ said:
The bill is now at 3rd reading stage at Senate, after that it will go to HoC.
Also do not forget that at 3rd reading stage senators can still propose amendments.
Fellows,

Do not get over excited, the bill will take its time. Enjoy your life and spend quality time with family, there will never be a better time than its now!

Do not Forger, the bill is at 3rd reading stage and senators can still propose amendments. Those amendments will be discussed and voted upon (accepted or rejected).. then the 3rd reading vote.

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
tyl92 said:
What i'm trying to understand is : After all this time , since the bill returned from committee , they decided to introduce amendments NOW .Especially coming from the independents ..Honestly , they are messing around .
A bill will NEVER be perfect for every single situation . Those amendments are made to cover a wider part of situations not them all .
It is more insulting than embarrassing now . They're playing with people's mind and moods . Some people are eagerly waiting for that bill to pass .
I think all of us here will apply under c24 if ever this d*** bill pass.
True, when they wanted to pass a bill C-24 it took literally 3 consecutive days. The fact of the matter is that immigrants or immigration policies, laws are usually not top of the list for any country.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Varangian said:
Actually, you could place the blame on Trudeau himself. He kicked the liberal senators out of the liberal caucus without their knowledge. So now Trudeau cannot control the liberal independents in processing their bills. Had he left the liberal senators alone, they may have been able to pass C-6 bill in 3 days if not within a month. Guess Trudeau didn't think this through when he "kicked" the senators out of caucus.

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
In the last two years during liberal government, 272 people have lost their citizenship, compared to a total of 167 people over the previous 17 years.

Politicians and their politics. So, we can’t really ‘stereotype’ all liberals or independents as ‘pro-immigrants.’ Politics is bad business of liars, double faceted and hypocrites. And then we have ‘naïve’ people like Hon. Sen. Jaffer, and Sen. Harder who do not know what the heck is going on.

:)

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
screech339 said:
Actually, you could place the blame on Trudeau himself. He kicked the liberal senators out of the liberal caucus without their knowledge. So now Trudeau cannot control the liberal independents in processing their bills. Had he left the liberal senators alone, they may have been able to pass C-6 bill in 3 days if not within a month. Guess Trudeau didn't think this through when he "kicked" the senators out of caucus.
And took his time appointing new ones, which further delayed C-6's Senate progression.

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
screech339 said:
Agreed that much blame lies with the PM. I doubt he 'thinks through' much. What I don't understand is - why is he not being advised by old party hands behind the scenes?

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
captain74 said:
Agreed that much blame lies with the PM. I doubt he 'thinks through' much. What I don't understand is - why is he not being advised by old party hands behind the scenes?
He thinks he knows best and that diversity and youth can solve all problems.