Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Guys I change my opinion .. The BILL will pass before summer break .. looks obivous now .. However I still think it won't come into force before Sometime.

Thats insane I cant believe it passed Second reading already!!!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applicants who wish to send applications before 1095 days under the assumption that they will get to meet the CJ and plead their cases. they seem to forget that, under the new rules (which they seem to think which get into effect darn soon), there will be no CJs. all the judges are being eliminated. so all that would happen is that all these early applications will be returned back and have to be submitted again.

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
u4g5 said:
This is insane!!!!!!
i think i need to send out my application tmw.
Can anyone tell me something?

All the Senate reading is over? No more Senate third reading?

I know the last one will be Royal Assessment. When will it be?

I will submit my application June 23rd... Today, I am in 1096 day, I was trying to give myself one week buffer...

You guys think I should mail it tomorrow too?

citizenshiper

Jun 4, 2014
that's precisely why i think those ppl will not wait as long as before for the same outcome --- process changed but the evaluation criteria will not.

chakrab said:
applicants who wish to send applications before 1095 days under the assumption that they will get to meet the CJ and plead their cases. they seem to forget that, under the new rules (which they seem to think which get into effect darn soon), there will be no CJs. all the judges are being eliminated. so all that would happen is that all these early applications will be returned back and have to be submitted again.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good thing about this whole thing though is that now I know what my vote will be based on. Before this it was I was thinking I will make my pick at the time of elections based on who is more convincing. Not anymore.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Second Reading is the biggest stage that I was relying on to delay the Bill .. now this is passed in 1 day .. I can't believe it .. so we will see the Bill before Summer Break.

Our last hope is when it will come into force.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have 1103 if i send out tmw, so i think i need to act fast.
The government is pushing the bill like crazy so application must arrive SYDNEY b4 it receives royal assent , which might be as soon as next week.
If the government can act this efficiently, why cant process application in a more efficient way????11111

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Technically, if a bill passes 3rd reading in Senate, the government can ask GG to give royal assent, so 3rd reading and royal assent can happen in the same day!
The status of bill on parliament website is never up to date, so we might be misleading to trust that site.
SEND OUT YOUR APPLICATION WHEN YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
I will submit my application June 23rd... Today, I am in 1096 day, I was trying to give myself one week buffer...

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
u4g5 said:
i have 1103 if i send out tmw, so i think i need to act fast.
The government is pushing the bill like crazy so application must arrive SYDNEY b4 it receives royal assent , which might be as soon as next week.
If the government can act this efficiently, why cant process application in a more efficient way????11111
send it early morning and use a courier to make sure it get there ASAP
Good Luck
sadly I will not have my 1095 day except by early to mid July so I might not even get to send it :(

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flamingteeth said:

I just mailed it out. 1096 days today. Make sure your calculation is super accurate. Use the online tool. I dont think a week will make a big difference but if you delay and the bill becomes law by end of this week then that's it. one week wait will harm you more than help.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
I just mailed it out. 1096 days today. Make sure your calculation is super accurate. Use the online tool. I dont think a week will make a big difference but if you delay and the bill becomes law by end of this week then that's it. one week wait will harm you more than help.
hopefully you signed it on the 1096. the application can't be signed before the 1096th day. one day after you are eligible.

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
civic said:
Thanks, but my problem is I do not have three Canadian Entry Stamps...
When I entered the boarder, I used the PR Card Self-service, and there is no entry stamp in my passport.

I have all the air-ticket with me, but I am worried if the CBSA report (I did NOT apply the record) can be different.

Therefore, I want to give myself a week buffer...

I am freaking out now.....

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakrab said:
hopefully you signed it on the 1096. the application can't be signed before the 1096th day. one day after you are eligible.
yeah signed and mailed today on the same day. Thanks to the forum.