+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BECOMING A REGISTERED NURSE (RN) OR LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN) IN CANADA

mananabas12

May 23, 2012
Hello.

I just got my visa. In the Application form for CNO, it says there that I should have "Proof of Residency"/

What will I send to the CNO?

Is it the photocopy of my visa in my Passport or that form that I should show to the Port of Entry to Canada?

I am currently still in the Philippines and would want to submit my application before I get there.

Thank you for your help.

malenurseindia

Dec 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Doc's Request.
WAITING
AOR Received.
WAITING
IELTS Request
7.5,SENT WITH APPLICATION
they will ask u copy of the landing document.......

regards,
*MNI*

mananabas12

May 23, 2012
malenurseindia said:
they will ask u copy of the landing document.......

regards,
*MNI*

Hi

Is that different from the form, "Generic Document" the Canadian embassy has sent me?

If I need to submit the landing document, does it mean that I have to be physically present in Canada before I can start the application process?

Thank you so much MNI

malenurseindia

Dec 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Doc's Request.
WAITING
AOR Received.
WAITING
IELTS Request
7.5,SENT WITH APPLICATION
ya friend of mine had same situation she sent a copy of visa stamp in passport to CNO but they replied saying that they need COPR r PR card copy

regards
*MNI*

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mananabas12 said:
Hi
Is that different from the form, "Generic Document" the Canadian embassy has sent me?
If I need to submit the landing document, does it mean that I have to be physically present in Canada before I can start the application process?
Thank you so much MNI
Hi, mananabas12,

You can start process from your home country, later they need your prof of landing / COPR / PR copy to allow you for exam.

hope that helps,

hmisabpk

prmalr

Jul 16, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Hmisabpk,
please advice on how to give name in CNO registration application after marriage, when all our certificates and rn registrations in India are having fathers surname,
after marriage even though we changed name in passport,
i given the old name(ie with father's surname) in fsw application, should i follow the same name in cno RN registrations or use my name followed by spouse name, please advice.
thanks
all the best to all !

gizmo59

Jun 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A very useful thread! Thanks!

I am applying as either a RN or LPN - hopefully I can put both on my FSW form. I have years of experience as a staff nurse, but have been told by the CNO that I am unlikely to be allowed to sit the RN exam in Ontario as I trained so long ago that I only did Certificate training, rather than degree.

I started applying to sit the CNO exam last November and it is a very slow process, believe me, so it's worth starting it before you get to Canada.

Does anyone here have any experience of applying for RN and LPN as first and second choices. My reference letters cover points from both? I hope they are good enough - some of what I've read here is making me worry!

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prmalr said:
Dear Hmisabpk,
please advice on ......................please advice.
thanks...............all the best to all !
Hi, prmalr,

Your PM replied, please check your inbox.

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gizmo59 said:
A very useful thread! Thanks!
I am applying as either a RN or LPN - hopefully I can put both on my FSW form. I have years of experience as a staff nurse, but have been told by the CNO that I am unlikely to be allowed to sit the RN exam in Ontario as I trained so long ago that I only did Certificate training, rather than degree.
I started applying to sit the CNO exam last November and it is a very slow process, believe me, so it's worth starting it before you get to Canada.
Does anyone here have any experience of applying for RN and LPN as first and second choices. My reference letters cover points from both? I hope they are good enough - some of what I've read here is making me worry!
Hi, gizmo59,

If you have Bachelor degree in nursing from your country and curriculum is same as Canadian curriculum / subject and credit hours in theory & practical, you can apply for RN otherwise go for LPN. General Nursing Diploma earned outside Canada is not considered as equal to Canadian Bachelor degree, they may ask you to go for bridging program, even for LPN. Reference letter will have the full work experience points in immigration process but not same impact on RN or LPN registration ( they are more concerned about theoretical syllabubs and study credit hours) .

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

SuzeCHFRN

Oct 18, 2011
Good day to all. We plan on applying for FSW category and hopefully migrate to Canada. I plan on applying to the board of nsg where we plan on staying ( either alberta or saskatchewan) even while we are still in the Philippines. I have accepted the possibility of me taking a bridging program to be able to sit for the CRNE, my question is: to speed up the process of my nsg application for the CRNE is it okay if i already have my credentials assessed by WES Canada (world education services). They assess credentials for people who wabt to immigrate to Canada. I hope that when i apply to the provincial nsg board, i can just pass the results of the assessment from wes. Please advice. Thanks.

Ps. I read about wes from another topic in this forum. They suggested that applicants need to be proactive about having theor credentials evaluated as soon as possible. That is why i have thought of doing this. Thanks.

gizmo59

Jun 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmisabpk said:
Hi, gizmo59,

If you have Bachelor degree in nursing from your country and curriculum is same as Canadian curriculum / subject and credit hours in theory & practical, you can apply for RN otherwise go for LPN. General Nursing Diploma earned outside Canada is not considered as equal to Canadian Bachelor degree, they may ask you to go for bridging program, even for LPN. Reference letter will have the full work experience points in immigration process but not same impact on RN or LPN registration ( they are more concerned about theoretical syllabubs and study credit hours) .

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

Hi hmisabpk

Thanks for that. I don't have a degree in nursing from the UK, which is why I am applying to the NCO for the LPN exam.

I'm wondering though whether the Canadian immigration people will assess my application in the RN class or will they say the same. It is complicated because I actually have a BA in Community Health, and also a Masters in Nursing but they are theorectical courses, not the same as my original RN and RMN certificates.

I plan to put RN category first on my application because that fits my work references best, but I would like to know if I can put LPN as a second choice and whether they are likely to consider me in that NOC if RN is full or they think I'm not qualified enough.

Does that make sense?

Thanks

Trevor and Jo

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
York
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 11.
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested 30 Oct 12, sent 8 Nov 12.
AOR Received.
Second Line October 17, 2012.
IELTS Request
Done Sep 11 and sent in with application.
File Transfer...
19 Dec 11
Med's Request
30 Oct 12
Med's Done....
13 Nov 12
Interview........
Decision made 26 Nov 12.
Passport Req..
30 Nov 12
VISA ISSUED...
09 Jan 2013 - Flag changed.
LANDED..........
Landing 27 Aug 2013. Flight booked.
hmisabpk said:
Hi, Charkei,
Correction!!

It is not free, the cost of membership $ 125, All Exam Preparation courses cost $350 and $ 40 review books (if want to buy $ 60 for nonmembers)

Following are the center's address and contact details in Ontario.

CARE Centre Toronto
45 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 512
Toronto, ON M2N 5W9
1-416-226-2800

CARE Centre Hamilton
100 James Street South, Suite 2
Hamilton, ON L8P 2Z2
1-905-521-1777
1-866-515-0018 (toll free)

CARE Centre London
Located at Fanshawe College
London, ON, Canada
1- 905-521-1777

Mississauga and Brampton
1-416-226-2800

Kitchener Region
1- 905-521-1777

St. Catharines and Niagara
1- 905-521-1777

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk
This thread is so big I have still to read all the pages, quick question for anyone, Jo has her SEC in September, does anyone know what books to read, any courses (online or classroom in BC), and any top tips on the SEC. Thanks

ferdzguevarra

Apr 15, 2012
SuzeCHFRN said:
Good day to all. We plan on applying for FSW category and hopefully migrate to Canada. I plan on applying to the board of nsg where we plan on staying ( either alberta or saskatchewan) even while we are still in the Philippines. I have accepted the possibility of me taking a bridging program to be able to sit for the CRNE, my question is: to speed up the process of my nsg application for the CRNE is it okay if i already have my credentials assessed by WES Canada (world education services). They assess credentials for people who wabt to immigrate to Canada. I hope that when i apply to the provincial nsg board, i can just pass the results of the assessment from wes. Please advice. Thanks.

Ps. I read about wes from another topic in this forum. They suggested that applicants need to be proactive about having theor credentials evaluated as soon as possible. That is why i have thought of doing this. Thanks.
[/quote

Mabuhay! I am a Filipino and currently on a working visa here in Canada as a RN. I applied thru CARNA in Alberta to have my papers assessed. PM me in my fb account. I might be able to atleast help you with some of your questions. guevarraferdz@yahoo.com

SuzeCHFRN

Oct 18, 2011
ferdzguevarra said:
SuzeCHFRN said:

[/quote

Mabuhay! I am a Filipino and currently on a working visa here in Canada as a RN. I applied thru CARNA in Alberta to have my papers assessed. PM me in my fb account. I might be able to atleast help you with some of your questions. guevarraferdz @ yahoo.com
Thanks. I'll do that.