+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Became unemployed after sending PR application

kush_canada

Feb 25, 2020
Hello,
I applied for a Canadian PR under Express Entry on May 29th and my job ended on June 18th. I have been unemployed since then. Do I need to update IRCC about this unemployment? I have over 3 years of work experience so it does not affect my eligibility or change my CRS score.

Thanks in advance.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hello,
I applied for a Canadian PR under Express Entry on May 29th and my job ended on June 18th. I have been unemployed since then. Do I need to update IRCC about this unemployment? I have over 3 years of work experience so it does not affect my eligibility or change my CRS score.

Thanks in advance.
sorry to hear that, you don't need to update that

Reactions: kush_canada

akhil994

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Yes you need to update them infact. Just need to mention that you are not working anymore. IRCC states you need to update about change in job status

Reactions: kush_canada

AD94

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
For how many months passport should be valid before traveling to Canada? 3 or 6 months?

AD94

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
>6 months at the time of applying for visa
My passport is expiring in March 2021. I got my visa in Feb 2020. But due to COVID I had to delay my traveling but now I am planning to travel in October. So can I travel with the same passport or should I renew it first?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
My passport is expiring in March 2021. I got my visa in Feb 2020. But due to COVID I had to delay my traveling but now I am planning to travel in October. So can I travel with the same passport or should I renew it first?
if your visa is already stamped, you can even travel one day before passport expiry, as long as its valid on day of landing.