+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP - Employer won't share Incorporation or License. What can I do?

MartyD

Jul 20, 2017
Canada
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi there,

I've been lucky enough to receive an invitation via BC PNP Express Entry program. I had all of my documents ready and got to the very end of the form where it asks for:

- "Copy of Certificate of Incorporation"
- "Copy of the B.C. Business Licence"

I have asked my future employer for these documents and they have said that they are not comfortable sharing these, even though they have already provided my with a job offer and recommendation letter.

So right now, I'm stuck. What can I do?

Really appreciate any help in advance!

pater62

Dec 17, 2018
Hello marty,

What happened next ?

I am passing through same situation !

Can you please help me for this ?

Chaggy24

Apr 30, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I am in the same situation. Presently, I am working for Electrical Company in BC and head office is in Montreal. My manager provided me BC - Business Licence, however he is unable to provide "Certificate of Incorporation". Did anyone get approval after submitting explanation letter to BC PNP?

Waiting for your prompt response.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello Everyone,

I am in the same situation. Presently, I am working for Electrical Company in BC and head office is in Montreal. My manager provided me BC - Business Licence, however he is unable to provide "Certificate of Incorporation". Did anyone get approval after submitting explanation letter to BC PNP?

Waiting for your prompt response.
Check to see under which body they incorporated
Federally or Provincial
Here is the link for Federally incorporated companies
https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/ext/cps/srch?lang=eng

Provincially , check with the ministry that incorporates in that province

Here Is BC, if the head office is in Quebec, it is more than likely incorporated in Quebec, so you’d check Quebec’s registry

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/employment-business/business/managing-a-business/permits-licences/businesses-incorporated-companies/searches-certificates

A charge could apply

Last edited:

Chaggy24

Apr 30, 2020
Hi Copyingwithlife,

I checked it and the status is inactive. Am I not able to submit the documents?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi Copyingwithlife,

I checked it and the status is inactive. Am I not able to submit the documents?
If you checked and it said inactive, it could mean they have not filed their corporation income taxes . If they don't file their corporate income taxes, the CRA sends a message to the incorporating body . The next step, would be they could be involuntarily dissolved .
That doesn't concern you . Get a copy of the Incorporating documents and send in

BhardwajG

Jan 25, 2022
Hi, I am also facing same challenge. Please guide. Here is my situation
1) I am on Intra Company Transfer Visa under LMIA exempt category.
2) Company is registered federally and i can see the status active at "https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/ext/cps/srch?lang=eng"

*Queries*
1) How to get "Certificate of incorporation" if employer is not providing it. There is no link to download it and no process to get from authorities.
2) I am in IT company so is "Municipal business licence" really apply for me. If yes then again how to get it from any govt agency.
3) Is there any sample document on "Company information". Can I take printout and upload the content from company's website providing all details of company. Or is this document something which needs to be printed on Company;s letter head with company stamp.

ishathakur916

Dec 28, 2020
Hi BhardwajG

I am facing the same situation as you. Cn you please let me know what you did in the following cases?
1) How to get "Certificate of incorporation" if employer is not providing it. There is no link to download it and no process to get from authorities.
2) I am in IT company so is "Municipal business licence" really apply for me. If yes then again how to get it from any govt agency.
3) Is there any sample document on "Company information". Can I take printout and upload the content from company's website providing all details of company. Or is this document something which needs to be printed on Company;s letter head with company stamp.