12-11-2014
Med's Request
17-11-2014
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
tz_0407 said:
Wow! That 100% matches my timeline.
Nothing yet. The official processing time says it is 5-6 months :mad:
Yes, they changed the processing time. :'( I think the PNP advisers are out for summer vacation. ::)

Make it 2014

Jul 23, 2014
Hi all,

I applied for BC PNP on April 9th and got the file number on May 16th.

I have a question here. My working visa will expire in 2 months. Is there anyway I can renew my working visa since I don't know if the process time of 5-6 months effects on the cases we applied in April too and I don't know if I can get the result before my visa expires.
Please help.

Also, it will take me sometime to apply for PR after getting pnp approval. Does BC PNP only provide us the supporting work permit letter after we apply for PR?

Good luck for everyone.

zoenick

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
We have a similar timeline to you but a couple of weeks later.

I believe you can get the supporting letter prior to applying to cic. The only info they request is:

To obtain a work permit support letter, please submit your request to PNPInfo@gov.bc.ca with the subject line: Work Permit Support Letter Request.

Within your email request, include:
your full name,
your date of birth (DD/MM/YYYY),
your Provincial Nominee File Number,
an attached scanned copy of pay stubs for the last two pay periods, and
an attached scanned copy of your current work permit.

Make it 2014

Jul 23, 2014
zoenick said:
We have a similar timeline to you but a couple of weeks later.

I believe you can get the supporting letter prior to applying to cic. The only info they request is:

To obtain a work permit support letter, please submit your request to PNPInfo @ gov.bc.ca with the subject line: Work Permit Support Letter Request.

Within your email request, include:
your full name,
your date of birth (DD/MM/YYYY),
your Provincial Nominee File Number,
an attached scanned copy of pay stubs for the last two pay periods, and
an attached scanned copy of your current work permit.
Thank you for your reply. Can I submit the application of work permit before I get the result of PNP?

zoenick

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
you can only get the support letter for a work permit after you have been succesfuly nominated i beleive

happygarcha

Champion Member
Jan 15, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016 | App Received: May 16, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2016 December 16, 2016. Updated Schedule A request
Nomination.....
Approved
AOR Received.
24th August 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
May 02, 2017
Med's Done....
May 08, 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
BG: 20 September, 2017 | DM: 02 December, 2017 | PPR: 07 December, 2017 (@5.30 PM Pacific Standard Time)
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Hello guys! I am working as a Supervisor on a Gas station in BC.. Can I apply BC PNP under NOC 0, A or B? Do I need to gain some Experience before apply PNP? Please tell me what occupations are negligible to apply BC PNP. Can I apply BC PNP. I started work in May this year then after two months I have promoted as a Supervisor and my employer is willing to do everything for my PNP. I am planing to apply in the end of October of this year because I want to gain some experience before applying BC PNP. I heard that BC PNP is going to sut down or omit with new Express Entry in January 2015. Please Illuminate the requirements and processing time for BC PNP!! Thanks in advance :)

Make it 2014

Jul 23, 2014
happygarcha said:
Hello guys! I am working as a Supervisor on a Gas station in BC.. Can I apply BC PNP under NOC 0, A or B? Do I need to gain some Experience before apply PNP? Please tell me what occupations are negligible to apply BC PNP. Can I apply BC PNP. I started work in May this year then after two months I have promoted as a Supervisor and my employer is willing to do everything for my PNP. I am planing to apply in the end of October of this year because I want to gain some experience before applying BC PNP. I heard that BC PNP is going to sut down or omit with new Express Entry in January 2015. Please Illuminate the requirements and processing time for BC PNP!! Thanks in advance :)

You can go to BC PNP website to check which category of NOC you are under. I believe you can apply BC PNP under skilled worker.
You can start to apply now as long as your employer wants to sponsor you and your job is full time.
Where did you hear BC PNP will be shut down or omit the express entry? They have extended the processing time from 3-4 months to 5-6 months and it delays my schedule.
However, all of us need to be patient to wait for the good news. Good luck all.

zoenick

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Anyone had an update or know anyone who applied in March that have been nominated?
I cant find a march thread on this forum for BC PNP, was hoping if they had been processed we would be soon.

ielts007

Star Member
Dec 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-9-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Request
17-11-2014
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
zoenick said:
Anyone had an update or know anyone who applied in March that have been nominated?
I cant find a march thread on this forum for BC PNP, was hoping if they had been processed we would be soon.
Hi, Zoenick,
I knew the Comox who applied on March 7 and got nomination approved on July 14. You can get more info from the thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bc-pnp-february-2014-t196466.0.html
The people who applied in March have posted their timelines to above thread, hope it helps.
You applied on 22nd April. From 22nd April until now, I think you are on week 15. Good luck to everyone.

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
International Gaduates: My advise to you, don't apply for B.C. PNP if you have not graduated from B.C. college. You might face rejection.

zoenick

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
ielts007 thanks for the info.

Looks like Comox took 18 weeks our application is currently on 14 weeks so hopefully only another 4 to go.
If that worked out that would be great.

Wish there was an easier way to track everyones timelines for the bc PNP, on a spreadsheet or something so you could have an easy idea of where they are up to roughly.
I guess they are working on applications received on the 17th March about now then.

Make it 2014

Jul 23, 2014
zoenick said:
you can only get the support letter for a work permit after you have been succesfuly nominated i beleive
Dear Zoenick,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know if I can renew my work permit before I get the result and then send the result to CIC after I get the nomination and the support letter?

:D

zoenick

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
hi, i am no expert on this stuff and i assume it would depend on what work permit you are currently on.
I believe you can apply to extend some work permits but i don't know the exact details of this.

If you are on an IEC opinion seems to be divided, some people say you can apply to extend it putting you on implied status until it is rejected which it will be but this could buy you a few extras weeks maybe. Other people say IEC is not exendable so you cant do this.

This is the situation i am in so if it gets close to the expiry of the iec visa i will have to decide if we try to extend it or just go on to visitor status while waiting for the nomination to come through. I still have time though as current visa does not run out until October.

intruz

Jul 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zoenick said:
I applied in March 21 and still waiting :(