CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
wavered said:
No not yet, just wanted to check with everyone here to see if there are any delays. Also, does the status in the dashboard change from "Submitted" to "Approved" or is there anything in between?
Status won't change to "Approved" in BC PNP online even though application already approved, you will receive nomination certificate by email or get nomination notice in your EE profile, depending on which stream you applied.

Worriedapplicant

Feb 11, 2016
Guys I'm really sorry for bugging everyone, but I'm in desperate need of help. So my boyfriend had received an ITA in end of May beginning of June. By the time he got all his paperwork and documents together he finally put his file together and he submitted it. Previous to working with his new employer he has two years experience in the one given company. With the company that he is with now he is not at the required 9month minimum requirement. So when he applied on June 28th, the total amount of time he was working with his company was 5 months. However, all his other requirements are met except the 9 month work experience. His points are 89 points when he applied and the required points for his category at that time were 88 (before they changed it back to 95 points on June 29). He is applying for SI -Entry Level Semi skilled category. Can someone please kindly shed some light on this and if there is a chance he will get a reply back for his PNP? Im really worried and I am praying like crazy that they will overlook that one requirement since he has everything else and that he also has the previous two years experience or if its even possible that the officer overlooking his file could possibly call his current employer and even ask if he is still working with them. Please help please Im very stressed out for him and any information is greatly appreciated.

truckdriver

Mar 9, 2016
Worriedapplicant said:
Guys I'm really sorry for bugging everyone, but I'm in desperate need of help. So my boyfriend had received an ITA in end of May beginning of June. By the time he got all his paperwork and documents together he finally put his file together and he submitted it. Previous to working with his new employer he has two years experience in the one given company. With the company that he is with now he is not at the required 9month minimum requirement. So when he applied on June 28th, the total amount of time he was working with his company was 5 months. However, all his other requirements are met except the 9 month work experience. His points are 89 points when he applied and the required points for his category at that time were 88 (before they changed it back to 95 points on June 29). He is applying for SI -Entry Level Semi skilled category. Can someone please kindly shed some light on this and if there is a chance he will get a reply back for his PNP? Im really worried and I am praying like crazy that they will overlook that one requirement since he has everything else and that he also has the previous two years experience or if its even possible that the officer overlooking his file could possibly call his current employer and even ask if he is still working with them. Please help please Im very stressed out for him and any information is greatly appreciated.
Hi, I don't think anyone here can give you a definite answer, your guess is as good as any. It will be up to the officer who reviews his file. The rules are clear, the 9 months requirement is cause of frustration for many of us semi-skilled workers. Am afraid there is nothing else you can do but wait and see how they respond. They might decide to lax the rule, and they might not, tough.

truckdriver

Mar 9, 2016
wavered said:
Did anyone apply on April 15 and still waiting for their nomination? I applied through EEBC - International Graduate category. The website says 2-3 months, but its been more than 3 months and I havent heard back from them. Also, do they call employer to verify job before sending nomination?
I was invited on April 8, submitted on April 25, and still not a peep. The employer says they haven't contacted him yet. Am trying to relax and be positive about the outcome, but by now of course I can't help but run gloomy scenarios in my mind, and wonder what might be wrong with my application... I applied under the semi-skilled worker category, so that's different from yours. I know 3 other semi-skilled applicants who were in the April 8 batch, noone has been approved yet.

Worriedapplicant

Feb 11, 2016
Just a quick question so my boyfriend moved residence, therefore his address changed aswell, would he need to reapply with the current address or can he make changes to his file as of now?

yelenah

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Worriedapplicant said:
Just a quick question so my boyfriend moved residence, therefore his address changed aswell, would he need to reapply with the current address or can he make changes to his file as of now?
Hi. If he stayed in the same province, it is okay. He still needs to notify the BC PNP that he is not at the same address anymore, so they can send his papers and a nomination certificate (if he gets nominated) to the new address. Just send them an email with his file number and a new address.

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/Contact-the-B-C-PNP

As for your other questions...

I am sorry to notice you didn't read through the manual on the BC PNP site prior to the registration and application. It is very handy, actually.
On the link under this section you can find 2 manuals. One is talking about the requirements, scoring and similar things. The other is a technical guide which helps you fill out the application online.

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/About-the-BC-PNP

The 9 months consecutive work with the same employer is a basic requirement for SI Entry level and semi-skilled category. When he got the invitation, he had to send previous 9 paycheck sheets. What did you do? Send 5, because that is all you had with this employer, right?
I can understand your worries. The BC PNP guide states the applicant COULD be rejected if they conclude the basic requirements were not fulfilled.

Good thing is he has enough Canadian experience, so maybe they give him a break... It all really depends on the officer who will process the application. There is not much you can do anymore.

As for the breakdown of the whole process from the nomination to citizenship:

1. Registration to the BC PNP
2. Invitation to apply for nomination under BC PNP
3. Nomination (3 months waiting time)
4. Applying with the nomination for Permanent Residence to CIC
5. Approval of PR (12 months waiting time)

If he is lucky enough to become a PR, he would have to maintain that status for 4-5 years (they always change the number of years, so I'm not sure) before he could ask for a citizenship.

Good luck!

Dpope

Jul 2, 2015
I have a few questions about BCPNP. I'm applying as a skilled worker and received an email asking to clarify my current residency status, and that they're in the preliminary stages of processing my application. Does anyone know if they will contact my employer, or if there are other steps they go through? Does the nomination come through via email or post? All other correspondence/letters of acceptance have come online in the form of a PDF.

Thanks in advance for any info. It's been 71 days since I applied. It's almost worse knowing it could come any day now (or not for months :-/...)

yelenah

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
truckdriver said:
Hi Yelenah,

Have you applied yet? How are things progressing with you guys?

No news on my application...
Hi, truckdriver!

We got ITA in June and made an application few days later.
Today we got an email saying a preliminary assessment of the application has started.
He was asked for a copy of his class 1 driver's license.
We are doing everything without a representative.

GCyd

Jun 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
08-11-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-09-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
Hi, which category u applied for, and NOC? Wonder as I submitted early July and received non emails from PNP.
Thanks for any replies :)

yelenah

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hi!

We submitted the app early June, so you will have to wait some more.

My husband is in Skills Immigration Entry level and semi-skilled category, NOC 7511.

truckdriver

Mar 9, 2016
yelenah said:
Hi, truckdriver!

We got ITA in June and made an application few days later.
Today we got an email saying a preliminary assessment of the application has started.
He was asked for a copy of his class 1 driver's license.
We are doing everything without a representative.
Oh, good news! We are also doing it without a representative. &*%$!! so you applied in June and already received an email - we applied in April, and absolutely no news from them. ???
We uploaded the copy of class 1 driver's licence when we applied.

So, does everyone get an email notification when they start working on the file, do you think? Or maybe they only notify if they need additional info... The employer says they haven't inquired with them.

So, did you send them the copy of driver's licence by email? Or is there another channel?

kladioos

Aug 4, 2016
Hi Guys,

I am about to accept a permanent job offer in BC and I was wondering what job bank seeking code is about ? what happens if the job is not listed in cic website ? If the job is not listed, there is no way of applying under BC SI express entry and I will have to apply under BC PNP Skilled Immigration ? Then If I get nominated, I can make profile in IRCC and get 600 score ?

pujan3103

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
hey if anybody has any idea about my scenario and can help will be great.!
i got refused in EE PR due to wrong NOC Code. I had received bc pnp in oct 2015. I have applied for extension last month. Any idea how much time it takes?