+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank statment : for funds only or salary also

mohammedyahya

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Jeddah
Hi All

I have my immigration funds in one bank account. And my monthly salary is received in another bank account. Now, if I get an ITA and they requested me to apply for the immigration visa. Will they require me to provide only proof of funds account statement or will require also to provide the statement of the account that receives my salary? do they care about proof of salary bank statement?

I am in Saudi Arabia and my nationality is Yemen.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohammedyahya said:
Hi All

I have my immigration funds in one bank account. And my monthly salary is received in another bank account. Now, if I get an ITA and they requested me to apply for the immigration visa. Will they require me to provide only proof of funds account statement or will require also to provide the statement of the account that receives my salary? do they care about proof of salary bank statement?

I am in Saudi Arabia and my nationality is Yemen.
Only minimum pof matters. It is no where stated that it has to be your salary account. Having said that, showing your salary account will ascertain the fact that you have a job and your are being paid for that. It wouldnt hurt showing the salary account. It will only speed up your process.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usually it's only bank statement showing your funds in the bank if they ask for both then you can send both ...but usually first it will be only...bank statement just your financial situation...
Hope that helps..
Regards :)

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And one more thing they really don't care about salary bank account unless you can prove the required funds to support your app....but remember there is no such thing which will speed up your app process by giving your both bank accounts it simply creates confusion and complicates your case , so be advised to stick to your basic requirements according to own case requirement , if they need anything they will ask you to provide other wise sit back aand let them process your app which actually cuts off the delays that you may create by provide any extra info which was not asked....
Regards :)

mohammedyahya

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Jeddah
thanks Guy's, I know that I can provide both. But my question if I provided only and only the proof of funds, will they come back to me and request the statement of the account that receives the salary?

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohammedyahya said:
thanks Guy's, I know that I can provide both. But my question if I provided only and only the proof of funds, will they come back to me and request the statement of the account that receives the salary?
They might but you should only what they ask , there is nothing going to hurt your case if you provide all the requested documents and you can provide later any extra documents they ask for later which is never a bad idea as you have provided all the requested documents at first time... and anything can be provided later on if they ask for it.
Good luck....as the points are likely to drop down in the beginning of next year or at any later point said by CIC spokes person.
Regrads :)

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Am11 said:
They might but you should only what they ask , there is nothing going to hurt your case if you provide all the requested documents and you can provide later any extra documents they ask for later which is never a bad idea as you have provided all the requested documents at first time... and anything can be provided later on if they ask for it.
Good luck....as the points are likely to drop down in the beginning of next year or at any later point said by CIC spokes person.
Regrads :)
Agreed. My experience is the same, so I suggest providing it upfront if you can.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohammedyahya said:
Really? do you have a link to this?
CIC spokesperson says CRS points requirement likely to go down over time

At the 23rd Annual Immigration Law Summit held earlier this month in Toronto, Ontario, a spokesperson for Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) made some notable comments about the past, present, and future of draws made from the Express Entry pool. The main takeaway, however, is that the CRS point requirement for Express Entry draws is likely to go down.

Foremost among the forecasts made by CIC is that the total intake of economic immigrants to Canada through Express Entry is set to increase once the backlog of applications from 2014 has been cleared. This was first disclosed in a mid-year CIC report that was released in August, and was reiterated this month at the Immigration Law Summit.

In addition, the spokesperson said that the first few Express Entry draws had a relatively high CRS point requirement because of pent-up demand from candidates who already had job offers supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). These candidates benefited from a 600-point bonus under the CRS and received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in one of the earlier draws. This information is backed by the mid-year CIC report, which disclosed that most early recipients of an ITA were already working in Canada on LMIA-supported work permits.

Once the bulk of those candidates had received ITAs, the minimum CRS point requirement in order to receive an ITA dipped sharply to 453 by the end of March, and 450 by the 17th and 18th draws, which were held on September 18and October 2, respectively. With the exception of one draw in May, each draw since February has seen a portion of candidates without a job offer or provincial nomination certificate receive ITAs.

More recently, however, the CRS points requirement has increased. The CIC spokesperson stated that this is largely due to the fact that many provinces did not open their Express Entry Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) streams, through which successful candidates may obtain an additional 600 CRS points, until months after the system was launched. As a result, there has been a rush of PNP certificates being issued to proactive candidates in the Express Entry pool. This has had the effect of increasing the number of candidates who have received an additional 600 CRS points.

With both an LMIA rush and a PNP rush out of the way — together with the 2014 backlog being cleared and CIC having previously stated that “Express Entry will become the main source of applications to meet annual immigration levels targets” — CIC has said that it expects the CRS requirement for Express Entry draws to drop over time.

Here is the link:
http://www.cicnews.com/2015/11/important-updates-express-entry-selection-system-canadian-immigration-116607.html

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
mohammedyahya said:
Well the bank letter request clearly mentions "The applicant should provide official letter(s) from financial institution(s) that list all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans."

So if you are claiming points for your current work and provide a statement that does not show any salaries, it could lead to unwanted situations. There is always a possibility of taking loan from one account, transferring to another account and submitting statements from this account. My advice would be to either include both statements or none.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohammedyahya said:
No, they won't.

CIC never asks for proof of salaries credited to your account at any point in time. Proof of funds need to be monies in an account that you (PA) have unfettered access to and these funds must be unencumbered as well. It doesn't matter if these funds aren't in the same account as the one where your salary gets credited - that isn't a criteria.

mohammedyahya

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Jeddah
joelmath said:
Well the bank letter request clearly mentions "The applicant should provide official letter(s) from financial institution(s) that list all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans."

So if you are claiming points for your current work and provide a statement that does not show any salaries, it could lead to unwanted situations. There is always a possibility of taking loan from one account, transferring to another account and submitting statements from this account. My advice would be to either include both statements or none.
Should I understand that if I have a loan then I will not be eligible to immigrate?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Should proof of funds match/exceed the Minimum as required for landing, or as submitted in Schedule 4?

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
mohammedyahya said:
Should I understand that if I have a loan then I will not be eligible to immigrate?
No.. Not necessary. CIC needs to see if you have access to liquid funds that are unencumbered. If the source of funds that you are showing is from a loan (a personal loan for example) then there is possibility of rejection. However if the loan in question is something like a Home loan or car loan then I do not think it should lead to a rejection as there is also a corresponding asset that is linked to the loan.

I myself had a personal loan reflected in my account. I showed additional funds as savings that would leave me with enough funds to cross CICs requirements even if the personal loan amount is deducted. Yet to see if that works out in my favour.