+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Backlog clearance--what does it mean for new applications?

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AG317 said:
honestly, they SAY processing times are going to go down now that they are infusing more money and hiring more people and clearing the back logs but guess what, the processing time for our VO just went UP by another month :'(
U.S , Australia and UK.s backlog ( if there is any ) will be brought down dramatically and applications will be processed in as little as a month .

the rest of the world can still enjoy the long waiting times , and the government will have numbers to show off speedy processing and larger intake .

polictics sucks , families waiting to be reunited and the government using their pain to gain some popularity .

rand75

Feb 24, 2016
TANMEX said:
U.S , Australia and UK.s backlog ( if there is any ) will be brought down dramatically and applications will be processed in as little as a month .

the rest of the world can still enjoy the long waiting times , and the government will have numbers to show off speedy processing and larger intake .

polictics sucks , families waiting to be reunited and the government using their pain to gain some popularity .
What are you talking about? The whole point of this effort is to reduce the backlogs at the VOs that have a high volume of backlogged applications. Applicants being processed at Ottawa/Sydney don't care either way because their VOs are already fast enough.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rand75 said:
What are you talking about? The whole point of this effort is to reduce the backlogs at the VOs that have a high volume of backlogged applications. Applicants being processed at Ottawa/Sydney don't care either way because their VOs are already fast enough.

I'm talking about not to believe the man in the suit until the job is done . did you see one of the U.S applicants in this forum received his CoPR in 1 month from the day he sent his application ? they used to take 6 months , the speedy processing touched them first .

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
TANMEX said:
I'm talking about not to believe the man in the suit until the job is done . did you see one of the U.S applicants in this forum received his CoPR in 1 month from the day he sent his application ? they used to take 6 months , the speedy processing touched them first .
That doesn't mean other offices are never going to be affected at all. I have not heard any official statements by the CIC saying that they will only work on cases from a handful of offices. It's also worth noting that the CIC is sending more applications from other countries than ever to Ottawa. The reason why Ottawa has such speedy times right now is they had very little backlog. Ottawa was still one of the fastest VOs even before any changes had been made. It's been so soon since they started implementing any changes it all. Also, criminality/security checks performed at Ottawa take much less time for Americans because of the information sharing system in place between US-Can. This part of the application can take months for applicants from certain countries simply because of poor relations between governments. The CIC has even said that major changes will take time to happen. Yes, it sucks for many applicants on this forum right now who will probably have their applications approved before any real changes happen at their offices. I've already seen improvements on the amount of time applications take to go "in process" with a processing line in the details from visa offices that are notoriously slow, slow enough that seeing even this movement used to take even more time. The bigger the backlog at certain offices, the longer it will take to see improvements.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
That doesn't mean other offices are never going to be affected at all. I have not heard any official statements by the CIC saying that they will only work on cases from a handful of offices. It's also worth noting that the CIC is sending more applications from other countries than ever to Ottawa. The reason why Ottawa has such speedy times right now is they had very little backlog. Ottawa was still one of the fastest VOs even before any changes had been made. It's been so soon since they started implementing any changes it all. Also, criminality/security checks performed at Ottawa take much less time for Americans because of the information sharing system in place between US-Can. This part of the application can take months for applicants from certain countries simply because of poor relations between governments. The CIC has even said that major changes will take time to happen. Yes, it sucks for many applicants on this forum right now who will probably have their applications approved before any real changes happen at their offices. I've already seen improvements on the amount of time applications take to go "in process" with a processing line in the details from visa offices that are notoriously slow, slow enough that seeing even this movement used to take even more time. The bigger the backlog at certain offices, the longer it will take to see improvements.
December and January applicants are getting PPR from Singapore.. Yes you read that right.. Singapore.. The slowest of the slow. Things definitely seem to be picking up.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
ImABule said:
December and January applicants are getting PPR from Singapore. Things definitely seem to be picking up.
That's good to know ;D. I bet you're getting antsy and excited, since you applied in February. I hope your application is approved quickly.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
That's good to know ;D. I bet you're getting antsy and excited, since you applied in February. I hope your application is approved quickly.
Me too!

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ImABule said:
December and January applicants are getting PPR from Singapore.. Yes you read that right.. Singapore.. The slowest of the slow. Things definitely seem to be picking up.
let me know when you get yours Bro !

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
TANMEX said:
let me know when you get yours Bro !
Will do! Hope yours comes soon too bro!

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Just checked online and Indonesia went down a month for process time

rand75

Feb 24, 2016
ImABule said:
Just checked online and Indonesia went down a month for process time
Thank you iamabule for keeping our spirits up. It has been frustrating for all of us, and it angers me to see people remain pessimistic when we finally do get some good news from the CIC. It has only been 3 day since the annountment, let's at least give them a chance to prove themselves before outright dismissing it as a publicity stunt.

That number looks like an average taken over several years, so it won't change much even if 2016 is a fast year for spousal sponsorships. The spreadsheets are much more valuable in this regard.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
rand75 said:
Thank you iamabule for keeping our spirits up. It has been frustrating for all of us, and it angers me to see people remain pessimistic when we finally do get some good news from the CIC. It has only been 3 day since the annountment, let's at least give them a chance to prove themselves before outright dismissing it as a publicity stunt.

That number looks like an average taken over several years, so it won't change much even if 2016 is a fast year for spousal sponsorships. The spreadsheets are much more valuable in this regard.
I dunno where these figures come from, and I know they aren't accurate.. But as long as they keep going down I'm happy ;)

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
ImABule said:
Same with HK. They are issuing COPR to applicants who applied in January. However, it also means that the VO is letting some simple/straight forward applications cut in line in a way, since some applicants who applied a year ago are still waiting.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
wyho007 said:
Same with HK. They are issuing COPR to applicants who applied in January. However, it also means that the VO is letting some simple/straight forward applications cut in line in a way, since some applicants who applied a year ago are still waiting.
Eeeh, to an extent that has always been the case. Any document requests, interviews, or extra reviews by officers adds time to that application's process. There's a reason why processing time averages on the CIC website can be drastically different from what straight-forward applications usually take. This isn't anything recent. However, when backlogged offices are cleared document requests will not cause nearly as much of a delay and it could mean that any applications that need interviews will get to the stage where that is determined sooner, which would still cut down on the overall time.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
Eeeh, to an extent that has always been the case. Any document requests, interviews, or extra reviews by officers adds time to that application's process. There's a reason why processing time averages on the CIC website can be drastically different from what straight-forward applications usually take. This isn't anything recent. However, when backlogged offices are cleared document requests will not cause nearly as much of a delay and it could mean that any applications that need interviews will get to the stage where that is determined sooner, which would still cut down on the overall time.
Applicants at Singapore have been getting the interview letters within 2 months of file transfer.

*knocks on wood ;)

I see more people getting processed fast from November on across all VO's in comparison from applicants before that who are still waiting.