FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mni said:
HI Qorax,

Hope you are doing fine...

I sent all my document in June 2010 and got MR in 25th June 2012 from NDVO. I send the PP on 10th July. I haven't got my PP back.

I have observed that NDVO is sending back the PP for MI2 and MI3 within 4-6 weeks.

What is the difference in Procedure for MI1 and others after PP submission?

Regards,
mni
U got to wait 3-5 months before panicking. They take that much time to complete ur b/g & security checks. That 4-6 weeks is rare & not the norm. Relax !

mni

Mar 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-Jun-2013
Hi Qorax,

Thanks for the reply.

And +1 for the prompt reply.

Regards,
mni

qorax said:
U got to wait 3-5 months before panicking. They take that much time to complete ur b/g & security checks. That 4-6 weeks is rare & not the norm. Relax !

trigeminal77

Jul 10, 2012
trigeminal77 said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/background-checks-explained-t39578.0.html;msg1730583#msg1730583

dear Qorax!

once again u r very much needed here....this news is upsetting us all who r waiting for PPRs....
is this particular to a specific VO or all?

plz explain the situation and relieve us all....

GOD bless u....

annmarypallickal

Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2011
Doc's Request.
april 2011
AOR Received.
may 2011
File Transfer...
june 2011
Med's Request
january 2013
Med's Done....
february 2013
Passport Req..
january 2013
VISA ISSUED...
april 2013
LANDED..........
april 2013
qorax said:
Hi,

It's also a matter of 'queue', work-timeframe on 'case-to-case' basis, admin reasons of the VO [read overclogged), timely submission of docs from our end that matches a BFD, vibrancy of immigration regulations that need extra works or staggering, NOC based 'quotas' (usually hinders at yr-end, by 3rd qtr of the yr) etc.

Relax! Have patience & keep the faith.

Qorax
thanks masterji...thanks a lot....

regards,

ann

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
trigeminal77 said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/background-checks-explained-t39578.0.html;msg1730583#msg1730583

dear Qorax!

once again u r very much needed here....this news is upsetting us all who r waiting for PPRs....
is this particular to a specific VO or all?

plz explain the situation and relieve us all....

GOD bless u....
If there's some truth in that post -- it'd be case-specific IMHO, not a global phenomena. Canada needs a steady stream of immigrants w.r.t. the baby-bloomers - thus stopping visas altogether might not be feasible.

Qorax

trigeminal77

Jul 10, 2012
qorax said:
If there's some truth in that post -- it'd be case-specific IMHO, not a global phenomena. Canada needs a steady stream of immigrants w.r.t. the baby-bloomers - thus stopping visas altogether might not be feasible.

Qorax
captain Qorax zindabad....
we wd have died of brain hemorrhage if u werent here to guide us...
once again +1 for our champion... :)

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Captain Qorax,

One of my friends need your urgent help!

He is from Bangladesh and residing in Sweden - that's why his visa office is London VO. Please note that his spouse is residing in Bangladesh. They had completed their medical examination in Mar-2102. Today, he received a letter from London VO through an e-mail where the visa office considered his as a Pakistani.

Having a look on the letter, could you please advice accordingly what should he do right now? I believe he needs to notify this mess immediately to London VO.

Please take a look on the letter:

High Commission of Canada
Immigration and Medical Services Division
Macdonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London W1K 4AA
United Kingdom
www.UnitedKingdom.gc.ca

Dear Applicant,

Your application has reached the final stage of processing. Since Pakistani law does not permit the mailing of Pakistani passports from Pakistan to other countries, we will not ask you to submit your passport to our office in London. Due to limitations in our present computer system, the issuance of your permanent resident visa will be a two step process.

Step 1: Follow the instructions in this letter to submit the requested items to our office in London. Once we have reviewed them, we will send you instructions for the second step within 6 weeks.

Step 2: Do not submit your passport to our Islamabad office until you receive instructions to do so. The Islamabad office cannot issue your visa before we instruct them to do so. (If you submit your passport early, it will be returned to you without a visa.) The Islamabad office can only mail passports to addresses in Pakistan. If you will want your passports returned to an address outside of Pakistan, then this letter does not apply to you. Inform us immediately so that we can send you different instructions.
***************************************************************************************************************************
Step 1: Submit the documents listed below to our office in London. (These instructions do not apply to accompanying family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship, because they will have to travel on their Canadian passports.)

1. Clear photocopies of your passport and the passports of each accompanying family member. The passports must meet the Passport Specifications on page 2 of this letter because these are the passports you will use to travel to Canada.

2. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications on page 3 of this letter.

3. The Updated Information Chart on page 4 fully completed for you and each accompanying family member. Submit these three items within 45 days of the date of this letter (or the date of the email if you received this by email). All items for you and your accompanying family members must be submitted together in one package.

Mail or courier your package to:
PHEP Processing
Immigration Division
Canadian High Commission
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom

lhr_montreal

Nov 7, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
(Islamabad) Now London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smiling_face said:
Captain Qorax,

One of my friends need your urgent help!

He is from Bangladesh and residing in Sweden - that's why his visa office is London VO. Please note that his spouse is residing in Bangladesh. They had completed their medical examination in Mar-2102. Today, he received a letter from London VO through an e-mail where the visa office considered his as a Pakistani.

Having a look on the letter, could you please advice accordingly what should he do right now? I believe he needs to notify this mess immediately to London VO.

Please take a look on the letter:

High Commission of Canada
Immigration and Medical Services Division
Macdonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London W1K 4AA
United Kingdom
www.UnitedKingdom.gc.ca

Dear Applicant,

Your application has reached the final stage of processing. Since Pakistani law does not permit the mailing of Pakistani passports from Pakistan to other countries, we will not ask you to submit your passport to our office in London. Due to limitations in our present computer system, the issuance of your permanent resident visa will be a two step process.

Step 1: Follow the instructions in this letter to submit the requested items to our office in London. Once we have reviewed them, we will send you instructions for the second step within 6 weeks.

Step 2: Do not submit your passport to our Islamabad office until you receive instructions to do so. The Islamabad office cannot issue your visa before we instruct them to do so. (If you submit your passport early, it will be returned to you without a visa.) The Islamabad office can only mail passports to addresses in Pakistan. If you will want your passports returned to an address outside of Pakistan, then this letter does not apply to you. Inform us immediately so that we can send you different instructions.
***************************************************************************************************************************
Step 1: Submit the documents listed below to our office in London. (These instructions do not apply to accompanying family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship, because they will have to travel on their Canadian passports.)

1. Clear photocopies of your passport and the passports of each accompanying family member. The passports must meet the Passport Specifications on page 2 of this letter because these are the passports you will use to travel to Canada.

2. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications on page 3 of this letter.

3. The Updated Information Chart on page 4 fully completed for you and each accompanying family member. Submit these three items within 45 days of the date of this letter (or the date of the email if you received this by email). All items for you and your accompanying family members must be submitted together in one package.

Mail or courier your package to:
PHEP Processing
Immigration Division
Canadian High Commission
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom
Dear smiling_face
Ask your friend not to worry this email is sent by mistake only. Ask him to reply to this email and tell the visa office about his residency. They will send him the relevent passport request.
Best of luck

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
lhr_montreal said:
Dear smiling_face
Ask your friend not to worry this email is sent by mistake only. Ask him to reply to this email and tell the visa office about his residency. They will send him the relevent passport request.
Best of luck
I believe so....thanks!

bafh

Aug 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-March 2010
File Transfer...
20-12-2012
Med's Request
20-4-2012
Med's Done....
15-5-2012
Passport Req..
16-10-2012 submit in 2-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2012
LANDED..........
Dec.Calgary
Dear Qorax,

I would be grateful if u can help me ,
I sent my application in March 2010 , I sent my Med Result in May 2012 and I received a letter from V.O in July2012 that they received my MR and my application now in BG checking step, Recently ,I have started a new work with new employer and I have a business trip to South Korea next week that I ‘didn’t visit before , I’m confused if I have to send them about my new employer and my trip and if it is mean an extra time for security check when I send my passport . :-\ :-\

regards

darian

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Isd transferred to London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
IELTS Request
Submitted with full application Dec 09 with band 7
File Transfer...
30 June 2010
Med's Request
15 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
18 Oct 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PR1 28 Oct 12 ..... Sent on 30 Oct 12 ..... Decision Made 19 Nov 12 .... PR2. 21 Nov 12
Dear Qorax,

I need your help.

Yesterday, after about 4 months of wait time since i sent updated documents (POF, Schedule A and Police certificate) my background checks have been completed and per program assistant, it's awaiting VO's review.

I wanted to know, should i send them RPRF in advance prior to MR to save time? Also, i reside in Pakistan, should i send them DD through my brother who is living in UK to speed-up the process? Will they accept it from UK (not country of my residence) or should send it myself (pak)?

Shall be grateful.

Timeline:
Country of Residence: Isd, Pak
Initial application : July 2009
Full application: Dec 2009
File transferred to London: June, 2010
In process with processing date : Feb 2012
Updated Docs sent upon request: Mar/Apr 2012 (twice)
Went to Background checks: May 2012
awaiting VO's review: Sept 2012

Willem

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 2010
Med's Request
Feb 2012!!!!!
Med's Done....
Mar 2012
Passport Req..
13 Nov 2012
Please help me!

I am a FSW-2 M1 pre June applicant.When I applied the rules for a job offer was:
• Your work permit is valid for 12 or more
months after the date you apply for a
permanent resident visa;
• Your employer has made an offer to give you
a permanent job if your application is
successful

Since then the rules chanced to :

your current employer must have made an offer to give you a permanent job if you are accepted as a federal skilled worker, and
your temporary work permit must be valid both when you apply for a permanent resident visa and when the visa is issued.

My employer gave me a letter of a job offer in 2010 and it was accepted(show on my caips notes)But my work permit ran out and I'm living in Canada as a visitor.My file is at Ottawa and I'm waiting for PPR.Will they in force the new rules on me?Will they cancel my job offer because my work permit ran out?This is a email I received from my MP a week back.

Willem,

Your file was transferred to CPP Ottawa from Buffalo. They have your medicals and they are good until February 23, 2013. Your background checks are done and your right of permanent residency fee was paid. Once the file is assigned to an officer and they review it then it shouldn't require too much more processing. No timelines are given as the office is too new to have established processing times. It is expected that the files transferred from Buffalo will be completed within a year - yours hopefully won't take that long as it doesn't appear to have any outstanding requirements.

trust_in_god

Aug 11, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
July 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for the reply. But I am in need of a bit more clarification.

1. FIFO, though used for BFDs, might not hold good for next stages due to indiv. b/ground & security checks timeframe. And remember, each MI has a different 'queue'. What are the factors that determine the file to be in the queue for a longer period of time?

2. Security checks aren't based on PCCs (that gets u the Criminality log only). Many thanks for your effort to correct me. Security clearances r obtained by various deliberate means... and might involve many other agencies.