Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
deex said:
For Qorax
i appreciate the good work you put in these forums. you are a big help. I have a question for you.
How sure are you that meds received line appears only after the results are seconded by ottawa?thanks
deex
How unsure r u that it might not be this way?

aram_golbaghi

Jul 1, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2010
Doc's Request.
10-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-08-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
hey Qorax
I got a question,
I Sent my application to sydney on Feb 2010 and gor 1st AOR on 20 March 2010, and my visa office was Damascus
recently, on Dec 2011 they have transfered my application to Warsow VO,
I want to know whether you have any idea how much more i have to wait to hear something or medicals from warsow office?

Regards.
Aram

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax

great info shared...thanks a lot.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
aram_golbaghi said:
hey Qorax
I got a question,
I Sent my application to sydney on Feb 2010 and gor 1st AOR on 20 March 2010, and my visa office was Damascus
recently, on Dec 2011 they have transfered my application to Warsow VO,
I want to know whether you have any idea how much more i have to wait to hear something or medicals from warsow office?

Regards.
Aram
It could take a while... Warsaw is slow.

sunshine11

Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
March 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Interview........
god knows
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi qorax
If you don’t mind can you ask you something
I received email from CHC ND on 5th oct “Your application has been reviewed by an officer and is pending the final decision. You will be notified once all steps are complete.”
Is this email means all checks are over? Do i need to send them email to remind them that my medical will expire on 15th Oct?
One thing more, people say if we send email to CHC ND then they take our emails in wrong way n they delay our case more...Is it true?
Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sunshine11 said:
Hi qorax
If you don't mind can you ask you something
I received email from CHC ND on 5th oct “Your application has been reviewed by an officer and is pending the final decision. You will be notified once all steps are complete.”
(1)Is this email means all checks are over? Do i need to send them email to remind them that my medical will expire on 15th Oct?
One thing more, (2)people say if we send email to CHC ND then they take our emails in wrong way n they delay our case more...Is it true?
Thanks
1. Not necessarily... but u could be close.
2. Untrue.

sunshine11

Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
March 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Interview........
god knows
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
qorax said:
1. Not necessarily... but u could be close.
2. Untrue.
Hi qorax
sorry by mistake is wrote 15th oct. my medical will expire on 15th Feb.

what you think i need to remind CHC ND abt my medical or not? I mean i need to send CHC ND email regarding my case or not?
Plz help

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sunshine11 said:
Hi qorax
sorry by mistake is wrote 15th oct. my medical will expire on 15th Feb.

what you think i need to remind CHC ND abt my medical or not? I mean i need to send CHC ND email regarding my case or not?
Plz help
Yep, send a tinkle.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qorax sir;
Whats difference between Bdec 0 & bdec blank in caips?

Also please let me know what it means:
PAPER FILE SENT TO: MAY FILE BF'D TO: EVI ON 23-01-2012 ????????? Whats MAY & EVI HERE?

Thanking you infinite times

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Hello qorax,

Could you pls expain "once the meds r 'seconded' by Ottawa". Does it mean medical reports submitted by DMP are first reviwed by CIC medical offficer at a RMC/RMO/VO and then again by CIC Ottawa or your statement is for medicals sent directly to CIC Ottawa? I did my medicals in New Delhi and DMP has forwarded reports to NDVO yesterday.

Cheers..
qorax said:
1. 'RBVO' is the 1st e-CAS... sometimes standalone, while at times 'inside' in-process.
2. 'In Process' is the main status, which also lasts the longest... means ur file is being worked upon.
3. 'MR' shall only be placed inside in-process once the meds r 'seconded' by Ottawa. And usually depicted when the security is also cleared.
4. 'DM' occurs when the pps r stamped, or [God Forbid] there's a rejection @ any stage.
5. 'Completed' is the last e-CAS status, denoting that u have 'landed' and ur PR card apps is being processed.

Note: How much time it'd take for me [to move from one to another] -- cannot be opined b'coz it depends on many factors & is case-to-case basis. Besides it should also be remembered that the e-CAS and our actual processing isn't in sync... the e-CAS being managed by a different cell of CIC, which awaits the input/s of the IOs & take their own admin time to work.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tiarachel85 said:
Qorax sir;
Whats difference between Bdec 0 & bdec blank in caips?

Also please let me know what it means:
PAPER FILE SENT TO: MAY FILE BF'D TO: EVI ON 23-01-2012 ????????? Whats MAY & EVI HERE?

Thanking you infinite times
-Blank = not yet looked at
-'0' = looked at but not yet assessed.
Typically both remain the same for us.

MAY & EVI r the initials of VO's staff. 'May' to act now [after the IO had a look]; 'Evi' to review the file on 23/1/12.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vermas said:
Hello qorax,

Could you pls expain "once the meds r 'seconded' by Ottawa". Does it mean medical reports submitted by DMP are first reviwed by CIC medical offficer at a RMC/RMO/VO and then again by CIC Ottawa or your statement is for medicals sent directly to CIC Ottawa? I did my medicals in New Delhi and DMP has forwarded reports to NDVO yesterday.

Cheers..
RMO reviews the report of the DMP... Ottawa sends the final approval [there's a program medical board there].

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Thanks qorax. That means RMO will upload reports in CAIPS/GCMS which will trigger some notification to CIC Ottawa and they will review the file before giving final approval. When can I expect to have 'medicals received" added to my e-cas and passport request? I am in New Delhi and my VO is New york. I will have to find the best possible way to have my PR visa stamped.

Best regards,

qorax said:
RMO reviews the report of the DMP... Ottawa sends the final approval [there's a program medical board there].

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vermas said:
Thanks qorax. That means RMO will upload reports in CAIPS/GCMS which will trigger some notification to CIC Ottawa and they will review the file before giving final approval. When can I expect to have 'medicals received" added to my e-cas and passport request? I am in New Delhi and my VO is New york. I will have to find the best possible way to have my PR visa stamped.

Best regards,
1. Yes.
2. Expect around end-Mar/Apr-2012.

AspirantCanada

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Bermuda
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Doc's Request.
10-04-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with all documents
File Transfer...
24-02-2010, 5-Oct-2011 to NY from Buffalo
Med's Request
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting eagerly
vermas said:
Hello qorax,

Cheers..
Hi Vermas,

Just noticed that you said "DMP has forwarded reports to NDVO yesterday"

Is that the instruction in your medical request.. as mine went to Ottawa direclty.

just curious.

Thanks