Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear All..

Find some Facts & Figures on

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2010-Q1/index.asp

Reagrds

Mayank

afr

Star Member
May 2, 2010
Hi qorax
How are you

Quote from your post
"Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress".

Dear Qorax, the statement “An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress" is not clear to me.

Is it meant that the moment the VO assign the 1st BFD, he changes the e-CAS from the status “Received by Visa Office” to the status "In Progress".

OR you mean that once the date of 1st BFD is reached the Visa Officer on that date opens the file and if the Standard background check is fine he immediately changes the e-CAS from the status “Received by Visa Office” to the status "In Progress".

Would you please shed some light on this point, as my status is still RBVO since August 2009?

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ammaartahir said:
Thanks Qorax, please tell me if I update them at the CHC stage regarding my work experience, would they acknowledge it and award me the points?? or whether based on their previous calculation at the CIO, they won't??
Well I suppose they should award the points, otherwise, in the application based on the previous slow system, the applicants used to get PR's after years and in those years they continued to gain experience and if they hadn't awarded them the points of their post-application period, it would've been unjust to the applicants; just a thought! Please enlighten :)
Once your file moves to the VO, it means that u have met the points criterion & the MI list check. However, the CHC, yet again, does another Xcheck on the same & "provisionally accepts" your file, then sends u the 2nd AOR.

However, if u have got that letter & u still think u might be on the "median" - u can submit your current exp docs & ask your VO to file it. (not needed to intimate him/her to recalculate - as that could be an unnecessary jinx)

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
edupolo said:
Hello,
I really do not understand Ecas.
At the moment, I have sent my medicals to London and my Ecas status is blank, it does not say IN PROCESS or if medicals received. I know they have received it because my designated doctor told me when it reached the embassy.
Is this something I should worry about?
Relax! That blank e-cas could be just an error... Soon it'll return to "in process" & subsequently reflect "MRR" (med results received).

*MRR usually occurs when the Meds return from PMB-Ottawa as accepted.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
afr said:
Hi qorax
How are you

Quote from your post
"Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress".

Dear Qorax, the statement “An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress" is not clear to me.

Is it meant that the moment the VO assign the 1st BFD, he changes the e-CAS from the status “Received by Visa Office” to the status "In Progress".

OR you mean that once the date of 1st BFD is reached the Visa Officer on that date opens the file and if the Standard background check is fine he immediately changes the e-CAS from the status “Received by Visa Office” to the status "In Progress".

Would you please shed some light on this point, as my status is still RBVO since August 2009?

Thanks
That "in progress" was a typo. It should be read as "in process".

As the VO commences the b/ground checks, finds the file to be "provisionally acceptable", s/he writes on CAIPS "in process". -It means that the b/ground check has started... Not Concluded.

Qorax

afr

Star Member
May 2, 2010
qorax said:
That "in progress" was a typo. It should be read as "in process".

As the VO commences the b/ground checks, finds the file to be "provisionally acceptable", s/he writes on CAIPS "in process". -It means that the b/ground check has started... Not Concluded.

Qorax
So what does it mean after one year of receiving the 2nd AOR and the e-cas status is still "Received by visa office"?

The visa officer did not commence the background check, if so why?
Did s/he calculate my points? If s/he did calculate my points, why did not either proceed to commence the background check or refuse the application? What is for he is waiting?
Or s/he did not calculate my points till now?

Qorax, can you help?

Thank you very much for your effort, contribution and assistance to every one on this board

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Qorax,

First of all thanks for being active, sharing serious informations which help so many out there waiting. Wish i could have been hear before sending my final docs to CIC. Well Nonethe rest.

I would be obliged if you can share some light on my issue.

I have summitted my final docs to CIC ND on 4th Aug 2010. Concern is regarding Experience Letters. I have submitted all notorized contract copies of employment, but no upto date Origimal letters on Co. Letter Heads. For current company ,have submitted notorized copy of current work profile described with an original Business Card of My Superior.

What is your view on this. I have informed my superior of such verifications, but will the VO ask for these docs or outright reject my application?

Hoping for your kind revert.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
afr said:
So what does it mean after one year of receiving the 2nd AOR and the e-cas status is still "Received by visa office"?

The visa officer did not commence the background check, if so why?
Did s/he calculate my points? If s/he did calculate my points, why did not either proceed to commence the background check or refuse the application? What is for he is waiting?
Or s/he did not calculate my points till now?

Qorax, can you help?

Thank you very much for your effort, contribution and assistance to every one on this board
No "in process" till about a yr from the 2nd AOR is definitely a cause of worry. Write an email to your VO asap & obtain your CAIPS notes.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
amitsmeet said:
Hello Qorax,

First of all thanks for being active, sharing serious informations which help so many out there waiting. Wish i could have been hear before sending my final docs to CIC. Well Nonethe rest.

I would be obliged if you can share some light on my issue.

I have summitted my final docs to CIC ND on 4th Aug 2010. Concern is regarding Experience Letters. I have submitted all notorized contract copies of employment, but no upto date Origimal letters on Co. Letter Heads. For current company ,have submitted notorized copy of current work profile described with an original Business Card of My Superior.

What is your view on this. I have informed my superior of such verifications, but will the VO ask for these docs or outright reject my application?

Hoping for your kind revert.
There is no danger of an outright rejection due to the Exp Letters/docs. Relax!

Yes, they might ask u for addnl papers to prove your exp... Await for their query, if any.

Qorax

gary4444

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
dear sir qorax.....
how much r d chances of visa officer coming personally to my office 2 check\verification...
i knw dat no 1 can know exactly...
but sir wats ur rough idea
i asked did bcoz i only work 5 hrs\day but in exp letter i have mentioned 8hrs\day

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
qorax said:
Once your file moves to the VO, it means that u have met the points criterion & the MI list check. However, the CHC, yet again, does another Xcheck on the same & "provisionally accepts" your file, then sends u the 2nd AOR.

However, if u have got that letter & u still think u might be on the "median" - u can submit your current exp docs & ask your VO to file it. (not needed to intimate him/her to recalculate - as that could be an unnecessary jinx)

Qorax
Thanks Qorax for an elaborated reply! :) Actually, my current experience was contractual and I am a bit confused whether they'd award me points for that of not ; I want to submit my current experience at CHC time and would like them to recalculate my points at that time (it's OK if the process delays). Would they recalculate at that time?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
gary4444 said:
dear sir qorax.....
how much r d chances of visa officer coming personally to my office 2 check\verification...
i knw dat no 1 can know exactly...
but sir wats ur rough idea
i asked did bcoz i only work 5 hrs\day but in exp letter i have mentioned 8hrs\day
Very rare. I'd keep it at 5% only.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ammaartahir said:
Thanks Qorax for an elaborated reply! :) Actually, my current experience was contractual and I am a bit confused whether they'd award me points for that of not ; I want to submit my current experience at CHC time and would like them to recalculate my points at that time (it's OK if the process delays). Would they recalculate at that time?
As I understand - a Contractual job is taken as a Service Experience too, provided u have docs to prove that.

Qorax

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
qorax said:
As I understand - a Contractual job is taken as a Service Experience too, provided u have docs to prove that.

Qorax
Thanks a bunch Qorax! :)

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fariza said:
Bunch of thanks to u Quorax. Many of issues for us who being at the stage of "In process for a long time has been explained quite nicely....
U r simply great
Thnx again
dear fariza
howis the case ? its long since we hear from you.
i gut the second AOR dated june 02, 2010 but ecas shows " receieved by visa office ". how long will it take to reach in process? how background checks begins, pls share
wishes