+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

B2 B1 Visa, can they enter Canada for a visit

Jan 13, 2013
My husband works in the ship, Carnival to be exact. Someone had told me before that if he has a B1 or B2 visa that he may be able to come and visit me in Canada for a period of 30 days. Is this true?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/751/~/traveling-to-other-countries-while-in-the-u.s.-on-a-b1-or-b2-visa

B-1 or B-2 visas: During your visit to the U.S., you may visit Canada or Mexico for up to 30 days and re-enter the U.S. as long as you re-enter within the period noted on the Form I - 94 which you received when you first entered.

I am not sure if they mean by American Perspective ( typically once you are in US, you can stay upto six months ) , you still might need a visa fro Canada ( 90% sure ) if f understand it correctly

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
FilipinoCanadian said:
Will he need an invitation from me to enter Canada? How easy will it be for him to enter Canada with the Immigration officer?
Sorry, read my comment again I edited it...I don't think they mean, B1/B2 allows to enter Canada on it - it probably means you can leave and come back and not affect your status in US so experts can confirm

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
FilipinoCanadian said:
Will he need an invitation from me to enter Canada? How easy will it be for him to enter Canada with the Immigration officer?
He will still need a visa to enter Canada. Yes, a person with B1, B2 visa in USA can go to Canada and return to USA on the same visa but immigration officer in USA must be satisfied that the visitor will leave the USA within the authorized period of stay.

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
B1/B2 visa is to enter USA only. To enter Canada, a person must apply for and obtain a Temporary Residence Visa (TRV).

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
FilipinoCanadian said:
My husband works in the ship, Carnival to be exact. Someone had told me before that if he has a B1 or B2 visa that he may be able to come and visit me in Canada for a period of 30 days. Is this true?
One needs a Visa to enter Canada and he/she cannot enter Canada on US B1/B2 Visa...Good luck