+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aurthorization to return - Marriage

ash309

Jun 16, 2008
Etobicoke
Me and fiance officially got engaged last month - after a 5 year relationship. Now I am more serious then ever to figure out my future. Please guys help me and give me more information as to your experiences and knowledge.

In short
- 2003: Entered canada on refugee basis at age of 15 with family

- 2005: refugee appeal was rejected - i was dependent on my parents - we asked our lawyer to put in a humanitarian application

- 2007: Found out that Lawyer never filed application - didn't do anything as parents lost trust from lawyers plus all of us had valid legal work permits and were doing ok - our work permits kept being renewed without any fail (my brother and father are in Canada and their work permits are still getting renewed without any problem - Regularly)

- 2008: I left Canada (I turned 19) on a VOLUNTARY DEPARTURE - I went to the immigration office and the officer told me that our file was on deportation BUT our deportation letter was NOT issued yet (wouldn't be issued for another year or so). She told me to return to Canada in future I would need ARC

- NOW: Its been a year since I have left and now officially engaged to my fiance (Canadian citizen with whom I have been in a relationship since 2004)

I have read most of the cases online - but feel that mine is different as I left on Voluntary Departure when our Deportation Letter was not even issued yet + when I was in Canada it was because I was dependent on my parents whom I had to stay with.

Please kindly help me - will there be any problem in the immigration process after marriage?

Is it possible for my spouse visa to be rejected? Will my case history in Canada be the reason for that - or is my case history only relevant for the ARC?

Also is it possible for me to go to Canada on a Visitor Visa before I get married?

Lastly for anyone who has had their ARC approved or denied - can you tell me about the process - i.e. what is asked at interview, time duration, when did you apply for it (before or after spouse visa is approved) and anything else you feel is vital information for someone going through the process.