+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

dang123

Jul 22, 2017
I've called immigration to ask about my process, I'm in Vaughan and I have been advised that the Mississauga office will send a test invitation. I heard that the Mississauga office is moving so slow, maybe that's why I don't get a test invitation. :confused:
Which number did you use to contact IRCC?

Katfezy

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
I passed the test, wife still preparing. Does my family application (including children) processing stop until wife also completes her test? Is it also dependent on her test result?
Today, my citizenship test status is updated to "completed". Background verification status is still "in progress".

Reactions: ashvez and hassan09

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I've called immigration to ask about my process, I'm in Vaughan and I have been advised that the Mississauga office will send a test invitation. I heard that the Mississauga office is moving so slow, maybe that's why I don't get a test invitation. :confused:
I agree with what @hassan09 mentioned about the processing offices...
Take the curious case of my Work Permit (WP) and PR e.g.
  • WP applied by the Canadian employer with the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi. Although I was working for the same organization's Middle East offices based in Dubai. Ultimately got WP from Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi... (applied end of Aug 2016 and received WP in Jan 2017)
  • I applied for PR through an immigration lawyer here in Toronto(I am residing in Richmond Hill). My file was processed all along by a processing office in Calgary (found out through multiple GCMS notes). In the end got CoPR and completed the PR formalities in Etobicoke (applied in Apr 2018 and received PR in Feb 2019)

Last edited:
Reactions: hassan09

Vangamu

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Montreal Case Processing Center is probably is the slowest one of all

mahinhossain

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
File Transfer...
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
03-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2017
LANDED..........
06-02-2018
Montreal Case Processing Center is probably is the slowest one of all
U wish...!!! My friend's wife is a June 2021 applicant from Calgary and still waiting for the test date....mine was in Aug...so I'd be happy to get the invite by this year...!!! :p

Reactions: luv2read90

fafa3002

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
I got the fingerprint request email today. The email address is from CIC-Vancouver, any ideas why my processing office is Vancouver when I live in Toronto and applied from here?

Auror888

Feb 17, 2022
Hello, can someone please explain how we know which office is processing our application? I can't follow the conversation... I thought we submitted all application in NS. Does it depend on where you sent your application from? Or can I check it online anywhere in the ECAS or the AOR? Thank you.

Auror888

Feb 17, 2022
Yeah paper applications at this time are processed faster. It's too late to apply by paper now because then you have to withdraw the current application (you might not get full refund because you have AOR and they started processing your current online application) and then you have to start waiting again for the AOR for your new application. In my opinion it's not worth applying again, you would be wasting time and money at that point. Also IRCC are very inconsistent, they might change quickly so can't really trust. We should have of done our research before we submitted our online application but it's fine, I guess we just have to be patient
I applied online at that time cause I read an article that online is faster hehe... also the same for some other fed gov agencies... but I guess it depends? Since now, it appears like paper applications are moving faster. But I agree, just need to be patient. I wonder how others are able to talk to officers though since I can't get through the calls and it's always the same voice prompt to wait lol

Reactions: Geno.uss

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hello, can someone please explain how we know which office is processing our application? I can't follow the conversation... I thought we submitted all application in NS. Does it depend on where you sent your application from? Or can I check it online anywhere in the ECAS or the AOR? Thank you.
Your application is sent to local office ( majority of the time where you live but can be sent to other place as well if they have a ton on load ). You get to know the local office once you get the test invite, some 3 letter abbreviation in the email id tells you.

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014