+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Police Certificates. We had sent in the one from the Netherlands, but requested also the one from Finland and Australia (where he lived prior to moving to the Netherlands.

Thank you so much for the reply regarding the correspondance ! We were worried important stuff could still be delivered by mail.
There are occasional reports here that ircc will suddenly send some document by mail but mercifully infrequent.

amos13

Feb 25, 2021
Hi all,

US PA here, I recently renewed my passport as it was due to expire in 2023. Should I send scans of my new passport (specifically all pages) or wait till the visa office sends a PPR?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all,

US PA here, I recently renewed my passport as it was due to expire in 2023. Should I send scans of my new passport (specifically all pages) or wait till the visa office sends a PPR?
Best to do after aor, before ppr. They only need scan of the tombstone page.

Reactions: amos13

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Anyone know how long background checks normally take? I see some people’s take same day while others are longer? Prearrival received, waiting for decision made.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Anyone know how long background checks normally take? I see some people’s take same day while others are longer? Prearrival received, waiting for decision made.
Yes, I know the exact answer: some are fast, some are longer. ))

Impossible to generalize as depends on specific case, but: for close allies/NATO countries/five eyes etc with nothing unusual in background, will usually be quicker. What that means in terms of time though is impossible to say esp in covid times.

Reactions: cjr

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Yes, I know the exact answer: some are fast, some are longer. ))

Impossible to generalize as depends on specific case, but: for close allies/NATO countries/five eyes etc with nothing unusual in background, will usually be quicker. What that means in terms of time though is impossible to say esp in covid times.
Thanks for the reply armoured, i figured 5Eyes might be quicker as I'm from the UK and currently working with NATO :D but 2 weeks on no sign of life, covid might be skewing it for sure, hoping to see some movement soon.

Reactions: cjr

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the reply armoured, i figured 5Eyes might be quicker as I'm from the UK and currently working with NATO :D but 2 weeks on no sign of life, covid might be skewing it for sure, hoping to see some movement soon.
Two weeks is nothing, it still is subject to queues and someone actually looking at it.

@win

Apr 1, 2021
I'd suggest you call IRCC to ask, no-one else can tell you.

As for TRV: sure, apply. If you want to join your spouse, apply. Might get refused, but you certainly won't get one if you don't apply.
Thank you Armoured for all replies.

As you suggest, My husband called IRCC, they said that physical mail has been sent to your representative with an application number. In fact, they also gave my husband an application number (started with f) and informed him that we can also link through this application number.

I can also access my eCAS account through my application number now. That means my application is approve, I guess. Now I think, I should wait for biometrics and medical request.

Please do tell me, can I link my application in Gckey or representative would do that.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
As you suggest, My husband called IRCC, they said that physical mail has been sent to your representative with an application number.
Please do tell me, can I link my application in Gckey or representative would do that.
You should check that they will send email in future instead of physical mail - physical mail will be slower. Generally they will use the stated preference of means of communication, which is a preference or checkbox, but mistakes happen. (I would assume this should be your representative). If there's some mistake in the file, it may require your representative to inform them, don't know.

I think the issue with gckey is only one account can be linked to it - which is usually the representative. I think the PA could do so but am not certain. At any rate you should agree it with your representative - and I wouldn't be surprised if the representative insists (or at least strongly prefers) that it be them, because otherwise they no longer have control and you could blame them without them being aware of what's going on.

g_singh76

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
LANDED..........
25-05-2017
Sponsoring spouse(wife) from India
Application Sent: 27 February 2021
Application Received: 05 March 2021
Application Number Assigned: 17 March 2021
Request for Medical: 26 March 2021
Request for Biometrics: 27 March 2021
Eligibility Confirmation email from IRCC: 27 March 2021
Biometrics completed & updated: 1 April 2021
Medical Exam Submitted: 5 April 2021

Waiting for medical exam to be updated.

frange

May 25, 2018
Sponsoring spouse(wife) from India
Application Sent: 27 February 2021
Application Received: 05 March 2021
Application Number Assigned: 17 March 2021
Request for Medical: 26 March 2021
Request for Biometrics: 27 March 2021
Eligibility Confirmation email from IRCC: 27 March 2021
Biometrics completed & updated: 1 April 2021
Medical Exam Submitted: 5 April 2021

Waiting for medical exam to be updated.
Could you make a signature with your timeline ?
It will be more understandable for our mate.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
You should check that they will send email in future instead of physical mail - physical mail will be slower. Generally they will use the stated preference of means of communication, which is a preference or checkbox, but mistakes happen. (I would assume this should be your representative). If there's some mistake in the file, it may require your representative to inform them, don't know.

I think the issue with gckey is only one account can be linked to it - which is usually the representative. I think the PA could do so but am not certain. At any rate you should agree it with your representative - and I wouldn't be surprised if the representative insists (or at least strongly prefers) that it be them, because otherwise they no longer have control and you could blame them without them being aware of what's going on.
Just adding that the PA or rep can link it to a GCkey account but it can only be linked to one account at a time.

Reactions: armoured

tomdunne

Apr 6, 2021
Morning folks,

A few questions here, if anyone had any thoughts on this I would appreciate it because I don't think my circumstance is particularly common.

I (PA) lost my job in the UK when it went into a second lockdown at the beginning of November 2020, so got a covid test (negative) and was able to fly to Canada to be with my wife (Sponsor) and daughter before the lockdown was imposed. The plan was to spend time here until the UK got back to a bit of normality, then maybe return for some work and prepare for moving while the remaining however months it took for the sponsorship visa to finish. But since being here it seems to be ticking on by and was wondering peoples thoughts on applying for a visitors visa extension until the sponsorship visa is accepted and not returning to the UK at all. Would this affect the sponsorship in a negative way? It's also my understanding you should apply for the extension 30 days before you intend to leave so any feedback would be great.

On another note which is giving me a bit of a headache is that I received medical request on 15 Feb, completed on 21 Feb and spoke to the physician who said it was sent on 9 March, however in my online tool it still says 'we did not receive the results of your required medical exam'. I know they say somewhere they are working on a backlog of medical exams so perhaps this is why, I'm just cautious of the 90 day timeframe.

I also submit a webform over a month ago with a change in personal circumstance and didn't get a reply, was wondering if it's normal to not receive a reply these days of covid.

Apologies for the longwinded message but any thoughts appreciated. Timeline is filled out to the best of my knowledge in the signature, i've dashed out things I'm not really sure about.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Morning folks,

A few questions here, if anyone had any thoughts on this I would appreciate it because I don't think my circumstance is particularly common.

I (PA) lost my job in the UK when it went into a second lockdown at the beginning of November 2020, so got a covid test (negative) and was able to fly to Canada to be with my wife (Sponsor) and daughter before the lockdown was imposed. The plan was to spend time here until the UK got back to a bit of normality, then maybe return for some work and prepare for moving while the remaining however months it took for the sponsorship visa to finish. But since being here it seems to be ticking on by and was wondering peoples thoughts on applying for a visitors visa extension until the sponsorship visa is accepted and not returning to the UK at all. Would this affect the sponsorship in a negative way? It's also my understanding you should apply for the extension 30 days before you intend to leave so any feedback would be great.

On another note which is giving me a bit of a headache is that I received medical request on 15 Feb, completed on 21 Feb and spoke to the physician who said it was sent on 9 March, however in my online tool it still says 'we did not receive the results of your required medical exam'. I know they say somewhere they are working on a backlog of medical exams so perhaps this is why, I'm just cautious of the 90 day timeframe.

I also submit a webform over a month ago with a change in personal circumstance and didn't get a reply, was wondering if it's normal to not receive a reply these days of covid.

Apologies for the longwinded message but any thoughts appreciated. Timeline is filled out to the best of my knowledge in the signature, i've dashed out things I'm not really sure about.
Shouldn't be a problem to extend. Did you update your address to Canada?

Medical delays common but more than a month seems à bit much; you might raise a webform.

Alas responses to webforms take quite a while, thirty days plus seems the norm.

tomdunne

Apr 6, 2021
Shouldn't be a problem to extend. Did you update your address to Canada?

Medical delays common but more than a month seems à bit much; you might raise a webform.

Alas responses to webforms take quite a while, thirty days plus seems the norm.
Thanks for your thoughts armoured.
Seeing as I have a webform outstanding think I might try my luck calling instead.

Reactions: armoured