+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

Woody24561

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Rant Alert: It has been two weeks since I got the GU that marked Eligibility/Criminality/Security as passed. Called the agent on 2nd march and he told me to wait for further notification. Its been 2 weeks today and nothing has changed yet. Sigh!!!

This whole thing has become like a torture chamber.
I'm guessing everything has passed? sorry forget that! just reread the message :D

Last edited:

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
I'm guessing everything has passed? sorry forget that! just reread the message :D
Yep. Everything was Passed in the notes. They asked me to wait for further communication. Its just amazing that they are processing existing applications in bits and pieces while sending new invites to 27000 people.

Reactions: Woody24561

Woody24561

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Yep. Everything was Passed in the notes. They asked me to wait for further communication. Its just amazing that they are processing existing applications in bits and pieces while sending new invites to 27000 people.
Yeah true! Wonder if they will do anymore CEC invites soon?? Another 27,000 hahah

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Yeah true! Wonder if they will do anymore CEC invites soon?? Another 27,000 hahah
Express Entry is such a misnomer. Even pre-COVID, it wasn't particularly express about anything tbh. It is just waaaaay faster than paper based applications.
Oh well, here's to hoping more of us August folks get some good news this week. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Reactions: Woody24561

JunedS

Star Member
May 28, 2020
I know this is really getting onto nerves....so many things held up due to the PR decision. Since you guys AOR is in the first week of Aug and mine in last week so trying to keep myself cool and calm and getting happy to see that you guys are seeing all stages passed and this gives hope that soon mine will be passed from recommended pass soon...hoping very soon rest everything will be passed from in progress.

Last edited:

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I know this is really getting onto nerves....so many things held up due to the PR decision. Since you guys AOR is in the first week of Aug and mine in last week so keeping myself cool and calm and getting happy to see that you guys are seeing all stages are passed so gives hope that soon mine from recommended pass will be passed soon...hoping very soon rest everything will be passed from in progress.
Same, mine is middle of August. Seeing early August folks getting movement on their applications is a good sign.
That said, i'm resigned to trying not to think too much about my application at this point. My last call to IRCC was 2 weeks ago and nothing had changed since January. I'm not contacting them until I get a Ghost Update. it is much easier to not be disappointed with the exact same status that way.

Reactions: JunedS

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Express Entry is such a misnomer. Even pre-COVID, it wasn't particularly express about anything tbh. It is just waaaaay faster than paper based applications.
Oh well, here's to hoping more of us August folks get some good news this week. I wouldn't hold my breath though.
I agree, everything is spoken about in comparison and as we all know how management uses nomenclature and comparisons to put a spin on a terminology. Its like a government replacing one horse driven cart with two horse driven cart while they had the means to replace them with a bus service.

Express entry is like a two horse driven cart with one horse sneezing a lot due to COVID.

JunedS

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Same, mine is middle of August. Seeing early August folks getting movement on their applications is a good sign.
That said, i'm resigned to trying not to think too much about my application at this point. My last call to IRCC was 2 weeks ago and nothing had changed since January. I'm not contacting them until I get a Ghost Update. it is much easier to not be disappointed with the exact same status that way.
Same here I too have decided not to contact IRCC until I see GU on my profile.

Reactions: EscoBlades

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Express entry is like a two horse driven cart with one horse sneezing a lot due to COVID.
LMAO.
I think the realization that sadly dawned on me is that like most government departments, IRCC is horribly inefficient - be it in their processes or just red tape and bureaucracy.

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
Rant Alert: It has been two weeks since I got the GU that marked Eligibility/Criminality/Security as passed. Called the agent on 2nd march and he told me to wait for further notification. Its been 2 weeks today and nothing has changed yet. Sigh!!!

This whole thing has become like a torture chamber.
If it makes you feel better, I am aor aug 10, and my eligibility is still in review lol. Dw man, seems like you're on the home stretch.

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
LMAO.
I think the realization that sadly dawned on me is that like most government departments, IRCC is horribly inefficient - be it in their processes or just red tape and bureaucracy.
And perhaps someone in dire need to upgrade their software system. They need a software with 360 view and effective reporting. If they already have it then it may be training issue or too many targets for the workers which does not allow them to focus. Either way, it is a process issue exacerbated by software/training.

People may say that I don't understand what tough job they do. I do understand on what challenging job they do but I feel that there is always room for optimization if right software, training and process are used/streamlined.

Reactions: EscoBlades

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LOL i just got a combined response to webforms i sent on January 25 and February 4, 2021.
The response didn't even address any of the questions I asked.
I'm not even surprised at this point. Utter chaos.

(The other day I did get a proper response to a webform I sent on the 16th of February)

JunedS

Star Member
May 28, 2020
LOL i just got a combined response to webforms i sent on January 25 and February 4, 2021.
The response didn't even address any of the questions I asked.
I'm not even surprised at this point. Utter chaos.

(The other day I did get a proper response to a webform I sent on the 16th of February)
But what does their combined response say?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
But what does their combined response say?
Generic bs. I asked about Eligibility, Criminality and Security. Got this:

Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. We're working at full capacity to process applications. You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.

We understand that this may be a difficult time for you and we are here to assist you by providing you with the information we have available at this time.

If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it. It will also take longer to process an application if we need you to submit extra documents.

Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible, and that you will be informed when a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

IRCC is working on giving you the most updated information as the situation evolves, and all our efforts are dedicated to answering your concerns. Our website is updated regularly as more information is made available.

Given these circumstances, we invite you to continue visiting our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as new announcements are made and to obtain information on travel restrictions and changes to our services that may affect you.