+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Did you have DM as well for both sides ?
I’m not sure. He received a notice on CIC that he was eligible for PR and his application was complete, and I received an email saying I was an eligible sponsor the same day. What does DM look like?

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
I’m not sure. He received a notice on CIC that he was eligible for PR and his application was complete, and I received an email saying I was an eligible sponsor the same day. What does DM look like?
Edit: we checked ECAS and it says decision made! Sounds like a good decision. I guess now we just wait for the landing interview.

terrya

Jan 12, 2020
If it says complete, that’s means Decision has been made.

Akhil9773

Feb 13, 2020
Hello. Is there anybody in this group who applied for spousal sponsorship in August and haven’t heard back anything from CIC? I applied in August and my application had not been processed yet. I called CIC and they confirmed they haven’t started the process of my application. Seems like they haven’t opened my application. Online status days in process and application received on August 19, 2019.
Is this normal? Please advise.
Thanks

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Hello. Is there anybody in this group who applied for spousal sponsorship in August and haven’t heard back anything from CIC? I applied in August and my application had not been processed yet. I called CIC and they confirmed they haven’t started the process of my application. Seems like they haven’t opened my application. Online status days in process and application received on August 19, 2019.
Is this normal? Please advise.
Thanks
That's extremely odd IMO. Most people who apply receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) within 6 to 8 weeks. If you don't receive AOR, it's because something was missing from your application, and in that case, they mail it back to you (we had this happen twice to us before getting the application right on the third try). I'm wondering if perhaps something was missing and they returned your application, but then it got lost in the mail. I would send in another application, ASAP if you're on a time crunch. Also make sure you have physical signatures next to electronic signatures in a couple of the forms, this was something that tripped us up in one of our applications and resulted in the application being returned. The really long guide (I think it's over 20 pages) discusses which forms require electronic and physical signatures, but it's not anywhere else, so I think it's a common area where people mess up.

Akhil9773

Feb 13, 2020
That's extremely odd IMO. Most people who apply receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) within 6 to 8 weeks. If you don't receive AOR, it's because something was missing from your application, and in that case, they mail it back to you (we had this happen twice to us before getting the application right on the third try). I'm wondering if perhaps something was missing and they returned your application, but then it got lost in the mail. I would send in another application, ASAP if you're on a time crunch. Also make sure you have physical signatures next to electronic signatures in a couple of the forms, this was something that tripped us up in one of our applications and resulted in the application being returned. The really long guide (I think it's over 20 pages) discusses which forms require electronic and physical signatures, but it's not anywhere else, so I think it's a common area where people mess up.
I actually received AOR in September 2019. Since then I haven’t heard back from CIC. My friends applied recently and they got their medical and biometrics request. I have been waiting for those requests in my case.
does it takes more than 12 months because I have been hearing mixed opinions from different people and I’m worried now.

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
I actually received AOR in September 2019. Since then I haven’t heard back from CIC. My friends applied recently and they got their medical and biometrics request. I have been waiting for those requests in my case.
does it takes more than 12 months because I have been hearing mixed opinions from different people and I’m worried now.
That's weird. I think I have read about this happening on other threads, but not sure why. You said you called them, but have you tried sending a message using the form on CIC? Maybe they'll take a look at your application directly. Sometimes I think the person on the phone doesn't even open the application on their computer.

Akhil9773

Feb 13, 2020
That's weird. I think I have read about this happening on other threads, but not sure why. You said you called them, but have you tried sending a message using the form on CIC? Maybe they'll take a look at your application directly. Sometimes I think the person on the phone doesn't even open the application on their computer.
I just sent an enquiry on web form. Not sure what’s gonna happen next. I just hope my application will get processed soon. Thank you so much for your reply. I feel better now. I will keep you updated with my application status.

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
I just sent an enquiry on web form. Not sure what’s gonna happen next. I just hope my application will get processed soon. Thank you so much for your reply. I feel better now. I will keep you updated with my application status.
You're welcome. I can very much relate to the uncertainty and stress that comes with the process, so I try to help where I can. I'm curious as to why some people experience such a delay. You could try searching the forums here as well and seeing if you find others with similar experiences.

Akhil9773

Feb 13, 2020
You're welcome. I can very much relate to the uncertainty and stress that comes with the process, so I try to help where I can. I'm curious as to why some people experience such a delay. You could try searching the forums here as well and seeing if you find others with similar experiences.
That’s so kind of you. I tried searching for similar forums but didn’t find any.

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
T

hats what we got told for grande prairie as well
so wrong :(
In Calgary, I went to Olive Medical Clinic for the examination with Dr. Daniel Ho ($240), got my requisition form for X-rays and Labwork, and went to Mayfair Diagnostics (Riley Park) right after the doctor (it's an 8min drive) and paid $80, and then the next day got my lab work and urinalysis done at Alberta Precision Laboratories (Airdrie) and paid $53. My total was $373 (done between February 20-21

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
In Calgary, I went to Olive Medical Clinic for the examination with Dr. Daniel Ho ($240), got my requisition form for X-rays and Labwork, and went to Mayfair Diagnostics (Riley Park) right after the doctor (it's an 8min drive) and paid $80, and then the next day got my lab work and urinalysis done at Alberta Precision Laboratories (Airdrie) and paid $53. My total was $373 (done between February 20-21
Hubs went to the only doctor here who does immigration exams and paid $400. Then went to the hospital and got bloodwork and x-rays done, that was another $400, plus $20 additionally for the doctor note. Then we got invoiced for the blood work from Edmonton's blood lab, another $60. All told, about $880, not to mention the day of lost wages for having to complete the appointment and bring passport photos to the doctor appointment as well. The doctor's office also makes you pay upfront for the exam, which according to my husband's boss (who used to be a doctor) is quite shady. I'm unimpressed and have mentioned the issue to a City employee who works on local immigration issues - they were unaware.