+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Honestly, I feel for you. Personally, I've been a PR since 1998 - barely a toddler, this is the only place I've ever known, yet I still feel like I'm being unfairly treated every time I apply to renew the PR or during this incredibly untransparent and ridiculously prolonged process of applying for citizenship, even before Covid. All I can say really is that I guess there's a bit of comfort in the fact that we're all in the same boat and someday this will all be over if we wait long enough. All the best to you.
point is not about waiting but what is going on ? There is so much uncertainity. How can a Govt department of a first world country work like a third world. People have plans , jobs at risk , i hope the supereme court of Canada can barge in and do something.

Reactions: Anford

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
May be you change the address to see if that makes someone get assigned in new office. Is anyone assigned currently in your gcms or still at registry location?
there is already a backlog at every office. Perhaps scarborough or mississauga office is better but its a gamble .

tazbed

May 4, 2021
point is not about waiting but what is going on ? There is so much uncertainity. How can a Govt department of a first world country work like a third world. People have plans , jobs at risk , i hope the supereme court of Canada can barge in and do something.
You're right, I think if we had regular updates and possible (even ranges) timelines, everyone would ease up a bit. The stress is justly present in a major way due to the fact that we don't know what we're waiting for and we don't know when it will end. I've personally had my life on hold ever since I started this process. It's frustrating and I think we need to come up with a proper channel to voice our concerns in a way that will be heard by IRCC and the government for them to actually do something about it.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
You're right, I think if we had regular updates and possible (even ranges) timelines, everyone would ease up a bit. The stress is justly present in a major way due to the fact that we don't know what we're waiting for and we don't know when it will end. I've personally had my life on hold ever since I started this process. It's frustrating and I think we need to come up with a proper channel to voice our concerns in a way that will be heard by IRCC and the government for them to actually do something about it.
Nobody can do anything because they have so called excuse "Coronavirus" to get away with anything. But mandamus can speed a bit .

Last edited:

tazbed

May 4, 2021
Nobody can do anything because they have so called excuse "Coronavirus" to get away with anything. But mandamus can speed a bit .
My thinking is that we're way beyond complaining to IRCC through webforms, calls, even requesting notes. I think we have to escalate to a higher governing body that keeps IRCC in check.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
My thinking is that we're way beyond complaining to IRCC through webforms, calls, even requesting notes. I think we have to escalate to a higher governing body that keeps IRCC in check.
There is no governing body that keeps check on IRCC like other departments have ombudsman here nobody controls them thats why you have Mandamus. Well many applicants of 2019 can come together and file a formal complain to the federal court that CIC is wokring on 2020 ignoring previous applicants.

Reactions: NAC10

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
There is no governing body that keeps check on IRCC like other departments have ombudsman here nobody controls them thats why you have Mandamus. Well many applicants of 2019 can come together and file a formal complain to the federal court that CIC is wokring on 2020 ignoring previous applicants.
Agree, that is the big problem, just no accountability. They want to encourage immigration, but nothing is setup end to end, to help with all steps of immigration and citizenship. It seems a way of getting revenue from various application fees and just put all applications in an indefinite loop, of delays and absurd updates ; it is high time, that they either stop backlog pile up or improve process to clear existing backlog.

Reactions: el02220

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Agree, that is the big problem, just no accountability. They want to encourage immigration, but nothing is setup end to end, to help with all steps of immigration and citizenship. It seems a way of getting revenue from various application fees and just put all applications in an indefinite loop, of delays and absurd updates ; it is high time, that they either stop backlog pile up or improve process to clear existing backlog.
But how ?

el02220

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
My tracker says that I have an interview with immigration officer day after (have not yet received any emails yet). Anything I need to do do prior to that ? what do they generally talk about ?

Ghledhow

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
I checked the old tracker and it shows Decision Made but the new tracker shows In Process. Does anyone know how long it will take for it to change?

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
But how ?
Are you asking me to solution for IRCC, on how to clear backlog ? I am doing my share, paying enough and more taxes. Its for the government to figure this out... and we can just continue to bear this ordeal until it ends with a smile.. :D

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
I checked the old tracker and it shows Decision Made but the new tracker shows In Process. Does anyone know how long it will take for it to change?
The new tracker treats all decision made as "in progress" until oath ceremony started or completed.
Welcome to DM group : 3 months and waiting :D

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Are you asking me to solution for IRCC, on how to clear backlog ? I am doing my share, paying enough and more taxes. Its for the government to figure this out... and we can just continue to bear this ordeal until it ends with a smile.. :D
I'm willing to work for IRCC and apply for urgent processing based on getting a government job at IRCC so I can process my own application. If I don't receive any news by the end of June, I'm applying for urgent processing based on that reason, no joke!

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
I'm willing to work for IRCC and apply for urgent processing based on getting a government job at IRCC so I can process my own application. If I don't receive any news by the end of June, I'm applying for urgent processing based on that reason, no joke!
Wouldn't we all love to do that ? or just get in there shake someone, and at the least ask that person, what is the current and proper update on the file? :D

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Wouldn't we all love to do that ? or just get in there shake someone, and at the least ask that person, what is the current and proper update on the file? :D
If you want to shake IRCC the only way is going to the federal court . That is the only solution. Unless we all file a petition to the federal court things will not change for us.