+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all,

Just completed my oath ceremony and emailed the signed oath letter back to IRCC (replied to the email confirming oath ceremony). Glad to finally be a Canadian Citizen.

Surrey, BC
Physical Presence: 1384
Application sent: August 8, 2019
Application Delivered: August 13, 2019
AOR: October 31, 2019
In Process: November 26, 2019
Test invite: January 14, 2021
Test date: January 31, 2021 PASSED
Decision Made: March 11, 2021
Oath Invite Email: April 29, 2021
Oath Ceremony: May 19, 2021
Certificate Received:
Updated the spreadsheet!

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
they asked me where I was - I replied with city and province. There were only IRCC and a judge. They told me that the certificate will be delivered by regular mail (Canada post) within 2-4 weeks.
Congrats! Do you remember if this was completed in a different location other than where are you located?

I wonder if you have checked the new ECAS status if it changes to complete or still in process.

yv14

Jan 30, 2021
Good day,
I just took the test and passed. You can update my timings in the spreadsheet. Thanks and good luck to everybody!

Hasting, ON
Physical presence days: 1098
Application sent: August 27, 2019
Application Delivered: August 29, 2019
AOR: November 22, 2019
Application Received ECAS: November 23, 2019
In Process ECAS: January 10, 2020
Test invite: May 13, 2021
Test date: May 22, 2021
Decision made:
Oath letter:
Oath ceremony:

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I had decision made status from feb 2021, passes online test in jan 2021, not its again in process and they asked for fingerprints again,is it normal?
are you 2019 applicant ? if yes then its normal because validity of clearance is only for an year and since its 2021 they will do the security clearance or say background again. could take 1 , 2 3, 6 months to an year depending how quick is RCMP , CSIS and CBSA

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Good day,
I just took the test and passed. You can update my timings in the spreadsheet. Thanks and good luck to everybody!

Hasting, ON
Physical presence days: 1098
Application sent: August 27, 2019
Application Delivered: August 29, 2019
AOR: November 22, 2019
Application Received ECAS: November 23, 2019
In Process ECAS: January 10, 2020
Test invite: May 13, 2021
Test date: May 22, 2021
Decision made:
Oath letter:
Oath ceremony:
Updated the spreadsheet! Thanks.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
I see people (on the Facebook group) posting a quite detailed report on the status of their applications (some even knew beforehand that they would be invited for the test). However, all I have access to is the "in progress".

It appears these are two different systems. Do we have access to that too or it is just for online applicants?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
I see people (on the Facebook group) posting a quite detailed report on the status of their applications (some even knew beforehand that they would be invited for the test). However, all I have access to is the "in progress".

It appears these are two different systems. Do we have access to that too or it is just for online applicants?
New ECAS with more details: https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020

It could be a snap of their GCMS notes unless they have access to " Back to the future" technology.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
He mentioned "a quite detailed report on the status of their applications (some even knew beforehand that they would be invited for the test). ". On the new dashboard it just shows in progess or not , there is no way to find out that you will be invited for the test .
Actually, there is.

The dashboard will show when the test window is even before you are invited for the test. This has been reported quite a few times here on the forum. The status update will read "Citizenship activity updated to 'Scheduled' " and then give you the test window before you get the test invitation.

The same goes for oath. People know their oath dates beforehand because it is updated in the dashboard first. The oath invitation will come later.

Reactions: Flandernss

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Actually, there is.

The dashboard will show when the test window is even before you are invited for the test. This has been reported quite a few times here on the forum. The status update will read "Citizenship activity updated to 'Scheduled' " and then give you the test window before you get the test invitation.

The same goes for oath. People know their oath dates beforehand because the it is updated in the dashboard first. The oath invitation will come later.
okay , apart from that does it show any other detailed stuff?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
okay , apart from that does it show any other detailed stuff?
The OP was comparing the status updates in ECAS to the updates in the new dashboard, I guess. The status in the new dashboard is much more detailed COMPARED TO the status shown in ECAS and I think that is what the OP was talking about.

The new dashboard shows the statuses of Language, Physical Presence, Prohibitions, Background Checks which are NOT available in ECAS. You can call this "detailed stuff".

Reactions: luvtrump

nepali1989

Aug 13, 2019
Congrats! Do you remember if this was completed in a different location other than where are you located?

I wonder if you have checked the new ECAS status if it changes to complete or still in process.
No, everyone was in the same city. The new ECAS was updated a day later to say the application is closed, reason: we have approved your application to be a Canadian Citizen.