Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
r2rlanes said:
Any updates August applicants? Ours still no update yet! Come on VO, shake shake shake... ;) ;) ;) we are all waiting and wanna be with our loved ones this coming HOLIDAY SEASONS! :D :D :D

Good luck everyone...
Same here :(

becos

Aug 25, 2016
lankyprince said:
Hello friend I see you from the Ghana VO, same with me, do you have any idea if our VO, is going as fast as some here? cause I checked the processing time online and it has increased,don't know if things are speeding up or not. would be nice to hear your thoughts on this.
Hi friend, unfortunately all seems inactive in Accra these days. They had been approving some February applicants there at the beginning of November but there hasn't been any moment on to March applicants yet. They have just been filtering through some old applicants from September 2015, but other than that, no sign of them picking up the pace. We're in for a long wait I fear. Let's hope come January with new quotas they speed through March and get to August quickly. It has been taking people roughly 8-11 months for PPR according to the forum (some complicated cases longer). But let's hope they speed up those times and we see some real movement early in the new year. :)

r2rlanes

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
Doc's Request.
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
20-09-2016 AOR2 ..........: 20-10-2016
File Transfer...
17-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront | Passed
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
23-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-04-2017
dyanaralaconsay said:
Same here :(
Let me know the soonest when you get any updates, for sure...our applications are in the same batch. Let's stay positive, although it is really hard to wait... it'll come soon... :D :D :D

lankyprince

Star Member
May 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/08/2016
AOR Received.
27/09/2016
File Transfer...
28/10/2016
Med's Done....
upfront
becos said:
Hi friend, unfortunately all seems inactive in Accra these days. They had been approving some February applicants there at the beginning of November but there hasn't been any moment on to March applicants yet. They have just been filtering through some old applicants from September 2015, but other than that, no sign of them picking up the pace. We're in for a long wait I fear. Let's hope come January with new quotas they speed through March and get to August quickly. It has been taking people roughly 8-11 months for PPR according to the forum (some complicated cases longer). But let's hope they speed up those times and we see some real movement early in the new year. :)
Oh wow, thanks for your view, I fear you are right about the inactivity. it's very depressing and with the increase of processing time on the site, I knew that they where not planning on moving fast. Don't know if they just don't regard us either way, I hope that things change next year, so we can all move on with out life's.

knowledge101

Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, 04-08-2016
Interview........
N/A, Background check In-Process: 23-11-2016
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 12-01-2017; PPR Email: 23-01-2017; DM on MyCIC: 06-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR sent: 06-02-2017
LANDED..........
11-02-2017
Hi everyone! Still waiting for my decision but noticed today my background check changed to "In Progress". My file was transferred to Ottawa on August 22nd and haven't heard anything since. Hopefully that means good news is on its way in the coming weeks! Fingers crossed! :D Prayers for all!

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23/01/2017 Sent: 24/01/2017 via Xpress Post
knowledge101 said:
Hi everyone! Still waiting for my decision but noticed today my background check changed to "In Progress". My file was transferred to Ottawa on August 22nd and haven't heard anything since. Hopefully that means good news is on its way in the coming weeks! Fingers crossed! :D Prayers for all!
Yay Knowledge101 - I am so happy for you! My background check has been "In Process" since Friday. Hoping it wont be too much longer now. All the best to you!

becos

Aug 25, 2016
lankyprince said:
Oh wow, thanks for your view, I fear you are right about the inactivity. it's very depressing and with the increase of processing time on the site, I knew that they where not planning on moving fast. Don't know if they just don't regard us either way, I hope that things change next year, so we can all move on with out life's.
:( I know I wish they moved as quickly as others. The length of time and unknown of when we will be called makes it difficult for us all to plan our lives. Are you a Ghanaian app?

Nasser558

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Still no update so far, waiting for the new status to be updated in MyCiC and ECAS.

Its been a while, still no update with the medical or background check.. I am starting to worry.

Any Singapore VO applicants got any updates from them?

lankyprince

Star Member
May 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/08/2016
AOR Received.
27/09/2016
File Transfer...
28/10/2016
Med's Done....
upfront
becos said:
:( I know I wish they moved as quickly as others. The length of time and unknown of when we will be called makes it difficult for us all to plan our lives. Are you a Ghanaian app?
Nigerian, we all get processed in Ghana. Let's hope for the best, I pray some serious changes r made and speed comes to that processing office.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
lankyprince said:
Nigerian, we all get processed in Ghana. Let's hope for the best, I pray some serious changes r made and speed comes to that processing office.
Definitely, keep me posted on your progress! Best of luck! :)

knowledge101

Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, 04-08-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11-02-2017
Stevin said:
Yay Knowledge101 - I am so happy for you! My background check has been "In Process" since Friday. Hoping it wont be too much longer now. All the best to you!
Awesome! Looks like ours are being processed right on schedule then!

knowledge101

Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, 04-08-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11-02-2017
Stevin said:
I assume in our case (US Citizen) there is no PPR right? I've heard its just a letter in the mail? That would be nice.

Also...we live about an hour from the border (Vermont). We also wanted to flagpole because we won't be moving until sometime in May (we didn't think it would happen so fast so we are just glad it is!). From what I understand when you flagpole you need to declare all the items you plan to bring in the future when you move (so you don't get taxed on them)...is this something you're preparing? I believe there was a form for this I just can't seem to remember where I found it. Also for the car, I assume the import paperwork needs to be done when we do the flagpole as well?

sweethunkUSman

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
passed
Med's Done....
September 2nd 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Background check: Nov 29 2016; DM (ECAS): Jan 15 2017; passport photocopy/2 photos email request Jan 23 2017; Received in Ottawa Feb 1 2017; COPR mailed Feb 8 2017
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR on Feb 8 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 20 2017
knowledge101 said:
I assume in our case (US Citizen) there is no PPR right? I've heard its just a letter in the mail? That would be nice.

Also...we live about an hour from the border (Vermont). We also wanted to flagpole because we won't be moving until sometime in May (we didn't think it would happen so fast so we are just glad it is!). From what I understand when you flagpole you need to declare all the items you plan to bring in the future when you move (so you don't get taxed on them)...is this something you're preparing? I believe there was a form for this I just can't seem to remember where I found it. Also for the car, I assume the import paperwork needs to be done when we do the flagpole as well?
Congrats knowledge101 and stevin! Can someone explain the difference for a US citizen who will drive into Canada between flag poling and landing when they are ready to stay? Any good links on it?

podaSK said:
These seem to be requirements for skilled immigrant (express entry) applications, not family class applications.
Yeah, I couldn't easily find any links specific to family class, but I found that info on a family class thread on this forum.

Does anyone have links for proof of funds for landing as family class?

mcharade

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
14-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug. 2016
knowledge101 said:

You won't have to send your passport. Sometimes they asked for new passport photos or more copies of your passport bio pages. I'm not sure why they do that or if that's more common than just sending the COPR though. Maybe someone else has some input.

The forms are called BSF186 and BSF186a. You can find those here: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/menu-eng.html I believe you do have to have the import paperwork at the flagpoling, but perhaps you only need to list the car (and then bring it later?).

sweethunkUSman said:
Congrats knowledge101 and stevin! Can someone explain the difference for a US citizen who will drive into Canada between flag poling and landing when they are ready to stay? Any good links on it?

Yeah, I couldn't easily find any links specific to family class, but I found that info on a family class thread on this forum.

Does anyone have links for proof of funds for landing as family class?
I'm not sure what you're asking in your first question. But as for proof of funds, I don't think you need to prove anything about your funds during landing. It's a very simple process. I hope that's what you were asking.

dyanaralaconsay

Jun 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
My email was so quiet for more than a month now. Hoping to hear some good news before the week ends