N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
maxygirl said:
I took the test on Feb 17. Officer said oath-taking likely to be in April. I tried to search for an oath-taking date in April on the CIC website - I found none so you might be right.
Since you said, I've checked just now and there is no ceremony till May 15 at London office. :eek:

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is my experience;

I am working on a project, therefore I didn't get enough sleep last night (I skimmed through the discover Canada book, primary mode of study was practice questions). Note: Only trust discover Canada

1. I arrived 2 hrs early (test was 1:15pm) feeling tired and spent some time at the mall to pass the time.
2. We were led to a room where we were given instructions on filling out information on the scantron. After, we were given the test booklet.
3. Finished the test under 5 mins and went to the waiting room to be called for the interview.
4. 5 mins later, I was called by the interviewer into an office. The official told me her name but I was too tired to remember. (I scored 20/20)
5. My interview lasted for a minute or less. All she told me was present my passport, PR card, IDs and landing paper which I did. She asked of I have had any trip outside Canada since I landed (I said No). She flipped through the pages of my passport to confirm. After that, she scribbled some things in a document. Handed all my documents back to me and told me she's satisfied. Told me to expect my ceremony in 2- 4 weeks and greeted me goodbye. I said bye and went on my way.

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finished test (19/20) & interview was quick as had only 1 trip & was verified. Agent said everything good & will receive Oath 2-4 months. Scarborough office.

toonca

Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maali said:
Finished test (19/20) & interview was quick as had only 1 trip & was verified. Agent said everything good & will receive Oath 2-4 months. Scarborough office.
I passed the test on 18th Mar 2015 at Scarborough, and it was said 2-2.5 months for the letter of oath.

Applied on Aug 11th, 2014
Got mail notice of Receiving on Dec 10th 2014
No eCAS updated since then
Got Fingerprint request on Jan 13th 2015 from St. Clair office
Replied Fingerprint request in 3 days
Got test notice on March 6th 2015 from Scarborough Office
Passed citizenship test on Mar 18th 2018
Waiting for oath letter now

toonca

Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maxygirl said:
This sucks
Those oath ceremonies on CIC website may only be the public ones or incomlete list, for example, for Scarborough Office. there are only two ceremnies on 9th April 2015 on CIC website, but two applicants here got the invitation on 8th April and 10th April already!

maxygirl

Nov 8, 2014
toonca said:
Those oath ceremonies on CIC website may only be the public ones or incomlete list, for example, for Scarborough Office. there are only two ceremnies on 9th April 2015 on CIC website, but two applicants here got the invitation on 8th April and 10th April already!
This is true. I checked my ecas, and I am invited for oath taking ceremony on the 8th as well - in London. Thank God

Saif1587

Oct 8, 2009
App sent=> Aug. 25 (from Toronto,family application of 3)
App recvd=>Aug 29
Processing => Oct 29th
AOR letter Booklet received: 25-Nov-14
Trans. from Ott. to Scarborough office=> don't know
Test and Interview: 18-Mar-15 (letter received on 9th March)
Oath Date: 13-Apr-15(letter issued on 20th March)

Finally we are here!

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if i remember right, you were planning to postpone your test for going to orlando. hopefully this update goes on to tell you have done the right thing by forgoing your orlando trip and sticking around for the test and citizenship process
Saif1587 said:
App sent=> Aug. 25 (from Toronto,family application of 3)
App recvd=>Aug 29
Processing => Oct 29th
AOR letter Booklet received: 25-Nov-14
Trans. from Ott. to Scarborough office=> don't know
Test and Interview: 18-Mar-15 (letter received on 9th March)
Oath Date: 13-Apr-15(letter issued on 20th March)

Finally we are here!

Saif1587

Oct 8, 2009
cecapplied said:
if i remember right, you were planning to postpone your test for going to orlando. hopefully this update goes on to tell you have done the right thing by forgoing your orlando trip and sticking around for the test and citizenship process
You are absolutely right! Yes I postponed my visit into the following week and just came back and found the oath letter in mailbox :)
Cheers!

SK_NKR

Dec 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update:

As in my previous post, My wife and 2 minor children application had been forwarded to PSU for parentage verification. I am happy to report that the parentage was verified within 2 months of the application being sent to PSU and all 3 application have received FOSS clearance and my wife's application has gone for RCMP clearance. The files are in Transit to Saskatoon office. All this was ascertained from the AITP report I had requested at the beginning of March. :)

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, my ecas has been updated and my oath ceremony is scheduled for April 13th. My application was received on the 20th of August 2014 and I took my test on the 18th of March. I want to give thanks to the almighty God and everyone who has contributed directly and indirectly to this process. I pray for all those waiting and I have faith your good news is around the corner. Cheers everyone!

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats,
Can I ask which city is your local office?

thanks

MrB said:
Hey guys, my ecas has been updated and my oath ceremony is scheduled for April 13th. My application was received on the 20th of August 2014 and I took my test on the 18th of March. I want to give thanks to the almighty God and everyone who has contributed directly and indirectly to this process. I pray for all those waiting and I have faith your good news is around the corner. Cheers everyone!