+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2013 Citizenship Applications - Start to Finish

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
episcope said:
Here is my ecase says:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 21, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 21, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 29, 2013.
they receive my application on 16th of August but no ecase till now I don't know if I should be worried I call them (cic) on friday and they told me they told me that they are opening August 13th now , but some report here had contrary statement from forum members

episcope

Oct 7, 2013
I live in Manitoba. My application was returned before because it was incomplete. I think its complete now and I can see my ecase.

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
episcope said:
I live in Manitoba. My application was returned before because it was incomplete. I think its complete now and I can see my ecase.
just a question how long it take them to return your application uncompleted in the first time ? 3 months or less than that?

johnedm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Saloo said:
just a question how long it take them to return your application uncompleted in the first time ? 3 months or less than that?
normal case in between 30 to 40 days

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 26, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 26, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on October 30, 2013.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I just looked at Australian citizenship process and processing time and it is sooo cool and great.

You need 4 years of lawful residence in Australia. 3 out of 4 years can be while you are on temporary visa. like a student for example.

Only Min of 1 year needs to be as a permanent resident. And also out of the total 4 years, you are allowed to be away for max 1 year.

And most importantly the processing time is only 60 days from the day of launching the application.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Awwww I wish we had the same above, I would have been a citizen now... :p :p :p

anyways I am very happy here with everything, so I will focus on my career for next 2 years till I get citizenship. if it was not for my job requiring business meeting travels to Europe, i wouldn't be worried about the processing time. Applying for visa each and every time you travel to a different country is not easy for HR people.

Good luck

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's nice. I would have been a citizen a 1.5 years ago. That's the annoying part. I have been in Canada since 2004. Came as a student and then switched to Skilled Worker and then to PR and now waiting for the citizenship. Close to 10 years for crying out loud!!!

And still I am being treated like any other Permanent Resident who landed here 3 years ago...it not fair I tell you! But hey, good luck to everyone ;D

dear_pnp said:
Hey guys, I just looked at Australian citizenship process and processing time and it is sooo cool and great.

You need 4 years of lawful residence in Australia. 3 out of 4 years can be while you are on temporary visa. like a student for example.

Only Min of 1 year needs to be as a permanent resident. And also out of the total 4 years, you are allowed to be away for max 1 year.

And most importantly the processing time is only 60 days from the day of launching the application.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Awwww I wish we had the same above, I would have been a citizen now... :p :p :p

anyways I am very happy here with everything, so I will focus on my career for next 2 years till I get citizenship. if it was not for my job requiring business meeting travels to Europe, i wouldn't be worried about the processing time. Applying for visa each and every time you travel to a different country is not easy for HR people.

Good luck

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
That's nice. I would have been a citizen a 1.5 years ago. That's the annoying part. I have been in Canada since 2004. Came as a student and then switched to Skilled Worker and then to PR and now waiting for the citizenship. Close to 10 years for crying out loud!!!

And still I am being treated like any other Permanent Resident who landed here 3 years ago...it not fair I tell you! But hey, good luck to everyone ;D
Yeah bro, same here, would have been citizen longggggg time ago....10 years is a very long time, I am sure many of us share the same timeline....

Only if the processing times were better and only if there was no RQ fear, awww that would have been amazing....i am so Canadian now that many recognize me as a local lol.......although they sometimes ask if I am from UK lol haha.... :p :p :p :p

And interestingly i have also seen the the following figures from internet:

Immigrant Population of Canada = 6.8 million and Immigrant Population of Australia = 5 million

Although difference of 1.8 million is a big number, still comparatively the processing times have a wide gap.

Well keep yourself busy with other things, thats for sure. The best way i found is to meet some new girl and start dating. That way time flies very fast lol :p :p :p

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hehe. Pretty busy but not with dating. lool. My wife and I are pregnant (don't know if it's a boy or girl) so will be busy for a long time 8). But guess what? Our child will get his/her citizenship before we do. ;)

dear_pnp said:
Yeah bro, same here, would have been citizen longggggg time ago....10 years is a very long time, I am sure many of us share the same timeline....

Only if the processing times were better and only if there was no RQ fear, awww that would have been amazing....i am so Canadian now that many recognize me as a local lol.......although they sometimes ask if I am from UK lol haha.... :p :p :p :p

And interestingly i have also seen the the following figures from internet:

Immigrant Population of Canada = 6.8 million and Immigrant Population of Australia = 5 million

Although difference of 1.8 million is a big number, still comparatively the processing times have a wide gap.

Well keep yourself busy with other things, thats for sure. The best way i found is to meet some new girl and start dating. That way time flies very fast lol :p :p :p