+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2013 Citizenship Applications - Start to Finish

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know how long does it take for the AOR to arrive once they have sent it?

I live in Ontario.

Also some members have been posting that they different responses from different CIC agents when they call two or three times in a week. why is that?

the status should be same, isn't it? does it imply the status updates when you phone in are not reliable? I called and they said they sent me an AOR. but e-cas not recognized for me. So was the update reliable?

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
dear_pnp said:
Does anyone know how long does it take for the AOR to arrive once they have sent it?

I live in Ontario.

Also some members have been posting that they different responses from different CIC agents when they call two or three times in a week. why is that?

the status should be same, isn't it? does it imply the status updates when you phone in are not reliable? I called and they said they sent me an AOR. but e-cas not recognized for me. So was the update reliable?
They usually update the system every Tuesday, so wait till next Tuesday and see if there is any e-case .

m2013

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 15, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 15, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on October 24, 2013.

irfan.khyam

Sep 5, 2013
Applied and received on Aug 12th and I have no response or eCas status update yet. Applied as a Family (me and my wife) and we are over 1200 days here. Live in Ontario GTA area.

Should I be worried that there is no response yet, sent registered to the mail address not the PO Box so hoping they received it? or it's just a matter of days when I will see some thing. Kind of worried.

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
irfan.khyam said:
Applied and received on Aug 12th and I have no response or eCas status update yet. Applied as a Family (me and my wife) and we are over 1200 days here. Live in Ontario GTA area.

Should I be worried that there is no response yet, sent registered to the mail address not the PO Box so hoping they received it? or it's just a matter of days when I will see some thing. Kind of worried.
It usually takes about 10-12 weeks. I wouldn't get worried just yet.

m2013

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m2013 said:
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 15, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 15, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on October 24, 2013.

karmadoc

Oct 15, 2012
Just for some perspective...

I applied in October 2011
Application received Oct 31 2011
Letter of acknowledgement and study guide sent Oct 31 (allegedly)
Received letter and booklet late November
ECAS showed that my file was "in process" Oct 2012
Sent letter with date for Citizenship exam Sept 25 2013
Received letter Oct 2 2013
Wrote and passed Citizenship exam October 22 2013

So 24 months from applying to citizenship test.

Victoria has no permanent CIC staff anymore thanks to budget cuts so we have to wait for staff from the Vancouver office to come over once every couple of months (imagine that in the Provincial capital of all places ??? )
They told us that we likely wouldn't take our oath until "early next year..January to March time" when staff came over here again. Frustrating!

I was speaking to one of my fellow test takers a few days later though, he said that he was told that if we wanted to do our oath earlier we could arrange to go to Vancouver to do it. I wonder it they would be willing to refund the cost of the ferry trip there and back? ::)

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Hi this is my timeline from Edmonton so far

Application sent: August 8, 2013
Received : August 15, 2013
Acknowledgement : August 15, 2013
Start Processing : October 21, 2013

Take note I haven't receive my booklet yet. Oh I guess I should wait til next week..
I'll keep you all posted :D

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irfan.khyam said:
Still no news, very worried as my file was received on Aug 12th. Anyone around that date is still waiting?
check with Call center, your's should be in process by now

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CK07 said:
Hi this is my timeline from Edmonton so far

Application sent: August 8, 2013
Received : August 15, 2013
Acknowledgement : August 15, 2013
Start Processing : October 21, 2013

Take note I haven't receive my booklet yet. Oh I guess I should wait til next week..
I'll keep you all posted :D
If you are eager to start studying now, CIC website has the book online. :)

episcope

Oct 7, 2013
Here is my ecase says:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 21, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 21, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 29, 2013.