06-10-2013
Med's Request
09-Mar-2014
Med's Done....
14-Mar-2014
Passport Req..
03-Apr-2014
Hi All,

I got my AOR yesterday and my current WP is going to expire by Feb'14. I am planning to apply for BOWP. If I change my employer once I get BOWP, I need to inform CIC.. right? Does it delay my application?

Thanks,
Suraj

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
suraj.jaldu said:
Hi All,

I got my AOR yesterday and my current WP is going to expire by Feb'14. I am planning to apply for BOWP. If I change my employer once I get BOWP, I need to inform CIC.. right? Does it delay my application?

Thanks,
Suraj
No, it won't delay your application. And yes, keep CIC updated with employment information and your mailing address in case you move or travel for a longer period of time.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Thanks xihy06 for sharing. It will be helpful.
CIC should provide an option to apply for WP for applicants who are outside Canada after receiving AOR.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
kprs_ind said:
CIC should provide an option to apply for WP for applicants who are outside Canada after receiving AOR.
Well the BOWP as the name indicates is meant for individuals already IN Canada to 'bridge' the time
until a decision is made on their application.
I don't think they'll change that anytime soon.

But yes, would be nice to have that option.

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
27-May-2014; VO change Req.:28-May; Confirmation Rec.: 12-June
kprs_ind said:
I get to say I was very very lucky to get the AOR right b4 my WP expires, as per the spreadsheet some Aug 6 applicants haven't got theirs yet.

Yes as Toby said it is only for people who are currently in Canada for bridging during the processing period. Hope CIC could consider that and who knows, perhaps someday they may release a new OB485-B or OBXXX......

tarunkhetarpal

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Hey guys,

I have received the AOR but I have traveled back to India. I was on closed wp and had no option to continue my stay. I still have to inform CIC about this. I am looking to back to Canada and find the employment.

I need your suggestions, inputs on this please. One thing is coming to my mind is that I will apply BOWP sitting here in India as this is done online ( my current wp is still valid till december). Once I get the open wp I can ask someone to bring along with them to India and hand over to me. Thus way I will have open work permit in India and based on that I will try to get the visa to renter canada.

I will treat my return to India as vacation for 2 months or so and need not to infirm CiC. I know this may sound crazy but I am trying to find ways to go back to canada.

Expert please help

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tarunkhetarpal said:
Hey guys,

I have received the AOR but I have traveled back to India. I was on closed wp and had no option to continue my stay. I still have to inform CIC about this. I am looking to back to Canada and find the employment.

I need your suggestions, inputs on this please. One thing is coming to my mind is that I will apply BOWP sitting here in India as this is done online ( my current wp is still valid till december). Once I get the open wp I can ask someone to bring along with them to India and hand over to me. Thus way I will have open work permit in India and based on that I will try to get the visa to renter canada.

I will treat my return to India as vacation for 2 months or so and need not to infirm CiC. I know this may sound crazy but I am trying to find ways to go back to canada.

Expert please help
Read the OB485-A carefully, as it says that one requriement is:

The foreign national is currently in Canada;
So if you're outside Canada, you don't qualify for the BOWP.

tarunkhetarpal

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
iam_toby said:
Read the OB485-A carefully, as it says that one requriement is:

So if you're outside Canada, you don't qualify for the BOWP.
I just came back in 15 th Sept and it could be vacation. How will they know if this is permanent move or vacation. My address in Canada is still card as my friend is staying there now.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tarunkhetarpal said:
I just came back in 15 th Sept and it could be vacation. How will they know if this is permanent move or vacation. My address in Canada is still card as my friend is staying there now.
Part of the questionnaire is your current country of residence. If you're only there for
2 weeks, then you should be fine with putting 'Canada' in that field and therefore qualify for the BOWP.
However, if you stay a couple on months, I don't think that's considered vacation anymore, and you're not
residing in Canada.

tarunkhetarpal

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
iam_toby said:
Part of the questionnaire is your current country of residence. If you're only there for
2 weeks, then you should be fine with putting 'Canada' in that field and therefore qualify for the BOWP.
However, if you stay a couple on months, I don't think that's considered vacation anymore, and you're not
residing in Canada.
So that means nothing can be done now and I have to wait for PR

thepervasivep1

Sep 24, 2013
Hey,

I just realized that i have only enclosed NOA in the package, not the T4. God knows why i always thought both are same. :mad:.
But I have sent reference letter from my Employer but no PayStub.

Is non submitting T4 detrimental, will i get my AOR? This is killing me, please suggest/advise.

Regards..