+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2004 applicants current status

Gagan_430

Jan 20, 2010
Hi everybody.

My application has been accepted in Aug 2004. I had submitted all my documents for the final verification in Dec 2008. Now I am awaiting the final decision for my application. I had applied through a immigration consultant. I would like to know are there any more 2004 applicants out there & what is their status currently, whether they have received any interview calls?

MAHENDRA

Feb 24, 2009
Hi guys
I had also applied in November 2004 & sent updated documents in january 2009, and i have also not received any response from CHC, i am a marine engineer & visited a no. of countries during my career , i thought delay in my case might be due to their checking my status in those countries.
What about you, which profession are you in, can we enquire CHC new delhi about status of our application?

Sep 25, 2009
Hi
I am 2004 applicant whose file was updated on January 2009 .
My file was transfered to Warsaw in order to expedite according to the e-mail that I have received but there is no news untill now. :'(

nicks1010

Mar 22, 2010
Hi came across your post. My process month was July 2004. Updated docs sent in Oct 2008. Am still waiting. Applied through an agent, who sadly did not reply to my letter enquiring about the delay. Getting terribly frustrated more with the agent than the high comm. Nobody seems to have any proper answer. Atleast some consolation. Have you received any news by now?

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Hi,
Thanks for the thread.Am 2005 feb and still waiting for update.I was emailed by CIC Accra based on specific enquiry thay my application has been sent to sydney for pre-assessment,which i refuse to believe.
Am optimistic that this year will be our turn by his grace.Do not relent in praying.

Ig

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
igbehinadara said:
Hi,
Thanks for the thread.Am 2005 feb and still waiting for update.I was emailed by CIC Accra based on specific enquiry thay my application has been sent to sydney for pre-assessment,which i refuse to believe.
Am optimistic that this year will be our turn by his grace.Do not relent in praying.

Ig
I am June 2004 Accra, Ghana Africa, I received documents update 30th December,2009, 17th of March i received Medical and payment of landing fee request altogether. Looking
forward to receive the hardcopy of the request by a regular mail.
SEGLAD

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Seglad,

It seems things are moving forward with Accra.Thank God for you and ur family.When precisely did u get the request for medicals?.

Am relieved.

Ig

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seglad said:
I am June 2004 Accra, Ghana Africa, I received documents update 30th December,2009, 17th of March i received Medical and payment of landing fee request altogether. Looking
forward to receive the hardcopy of the request by a regular mail.
SEGLAD
Dear Igbehinadara,
I am June 2004 applicant, a Nigerian, applied as a self-employed under the FSW, submitted my appication to accra consulate.I recieved medical request and RPRF in march 2010. Reading your posts, i dont think there is a need for the panic. Your husband application is ok, but my concern was where you mentioned a BSC in Eng, PGD in Mass Comm. and then working in a banking sector as a finacial manager. There are no related or correlative academic certificates to back up the experiences of your husband as a finacial manager. One must be trained and have experience in the NOC he/she applying for. The good thing is that you mentioned that your husband had had a professional courses and which i pressume will be awarded a certificate(s) at the end of every each courses.

Therefore, you can put all the professional certificates together with the academic certificates and
obtain work experince certificates or letters from both the previous and present employers, send them to CHC when your husband is being asked to update his application and documents.Besides, you can be proactive by updating your documents without CHC asking for update. This i did and it helps . Has he recieved documents update letter from CHC? Or has he being informed to update his application forms. I was asked to update my application forms after i sent documents update myself without CHC asking for it. After i submitted the update in sept.2009, things started moving fast for me. Chc sent a letter in Dec. 2009 to as well update my application forms,then in march 2010 i got a medical request. I think being proactive helps me a lots.

As per your own intention to submit a fresh application, you can do so, though, you are out of job, you must make sure your NOC is among the 38 NOC list. You can apply as a self-employed but you must have your business registered with CAC and have a business tax certificate and business account.

Should you want to know more about me or my application you can email me: seglad2002@yahoo.com

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Seglad,

Thank you for the detail analysis of Igbehinadara situation. It help us all.

However, am a bit confussed that one can forward documents to CIC Accra even though it was not requested for.

Recall that it was in our AOR letter that we should not forward any documents unless we are told to do so. Please I need clarification on this....

Regards,

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Believe me, i ignored that statement and it is technically good to forward your update if there is a change in your status, education, family size,and change of address. For instance, i did IELTS in 2004, i knew in me that the ielts must have expired in 2006 and after it expired, i sat for another ielts exam in september 2008 without waiting for CHC to ask me to redo my ielts or submit a valid ielts report.

I sent the Ielts, ($CAN150 X 2) for my additional children, professional licence, updated work experience letters from my previous employers and one from my self as a self-employed, tax clearance certificates, updated passport phographs, and updated application forms, all these were submited at individual time without waiting for CHC to ask for them.

When CHC were ready for process my file i was informed by email to update my proof of funds and Police clearance certificate in 30days. I Delibrately didnt update my proof of funds and PCC becuase i know those two documents expire very quickly, wiated for them to ask for it. One thing i never do since 2004 was to ask them about my status rather i update them about my status.

That was how things work out for me up to this stage. CHC will never angry at you should you do the same, if there is a reason for doing so
Thanks
Seglad

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Seglad,

Bros thanx so much. I actually applied in July 2007. Got my AOR in sept 07 as well. In February 2009 I had additional baby and I mailed Accra in January 2010.

CIC told me to send a new updated application form with my current status. It was on this forum that aomeone told me to relax that they will call for full update and by that time I should send everything.

Now I was suprise to read from you now that we can actually send unsolicited document update.

However, should I forward the new applicatioon form? Which form would I use? Please help? The new form I saw on the CIC web is different from the one then.

Thanks so much for your anticipated effort.

Regards,

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Should you send any update documents to CHC, There would be no harm in doing so. If you have contacted CHC for additonal familly size, surely they will ask you to update your IMM008 application forms. If your IELTS report is more than two years, CHC may/Not ask for an update, depend on when an initial assessment is done on your application. For instance, i submited in 2004, i received initial assessment in October 2008 and final assessment in December 2009. April 2009 CHC contacted me to ask for my continua interest/withdrawal of my application. Therefore my IELTS was no longer valid before my initial assessment, then, i had to redo the test.

As an old applicant like you, you will receive a mail and a letter by post probably late this year or early next year from chc to ask you for your continua interest or withdrawal of your application. If you receive this letter, that means CHC is now ready to do initial assessment on your application, dont waste time to update all your documents, such as employment references, additional qualification, family size, IELTS Report, but wait for them to ask for PCC and proof of funds because these documents expired very quickly. When they are ready for the final assessment you will be contacted to update your IRPA Forms, submit PCC. Proof of funds and ask for passport photograph to be afix to your medical request.

However, updating CHC with your documents or your status is not mandatory, you can as well wait for them to ask for it, the choice is yours, this is just to escape the limited time given by CHC for the submission of those doucments, which i think at that time, the time frame will be too tight for anyone to meet. And if you have already updated those document, CHC wont ask for them again at the final assessment but only proof of funds and PCC. <<TIP>>>:Documents update will scale you through initial assessment if there is a deficiency in your documents or your application or not sure you meet a pass mark,update them now before intial assessment. chc ask for updated documents if you have only scale through the initial assessment.

Note please. Though sometimes they do communicate their concern with the applicant to submit additional documents within a short period, but sometimes they dont, but this depends on the VO/IO. Is better to be on a saver sides, now that all fast track applicants are taken over. They dont give a damn to old applicants, even looking for a chance to refuse the old one to reduce the backlogs.(This is my opinion)

As per the application form being different from the previous one, yes, the application forms are now different but you have to use the new application forms. Still same contents but different formats.

Imole

Dec 30, 2010
Hi friends
May I know if there are still 2004 applicant out there waiting for
medicals. I have completed submission of my forms and there
has not been any further reply except for me to keep on waiting.
I am sort of worried on what may be keeping them from arriving at
a conclusion, moreso my friend had his own withing interval of 4 months
(Medical and PR). Any experience......

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Imole said:
Hi friends
May I know if there are still 2004 applicant out there waiting for
medicals. I have completed submission of my forms and there
has not been any further reply except for me to keep on waiting.
I am sort of worried on what may be keeping them from arriving at
a conclusion, moreso my friend had his own withing interval of 4 months
(Medical and PR). Any experience......
when did you applied?