+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attracting the right people?

dhaval85

Feb 13, 2015
HELLO EVERYONE..PLEASE SOME ONE CAN HELP ME....
i have registered in the pool and have got 356 point till now...have completed my masters in pharmaceutical science...and also have got MASTERS in WES report...please can someone help me the know the chances of selection in any job offer or provinsional nomination.

BankingExpressE

Feb 2, 2015
dhaval85 said:
HELLO EVERYONE..PLEASE SOME ONE CAN HELP ME....
i have registered in the pool and have got 356 point till now...have completed my masters in pharmaceutical science...and also have got MASTERS in WES report...please can someone help me the know the chances of selection in any job offer or provinsional nomination.
I would say the probability is around 12.37%, but only if the draw happens on a Tuesday and there is a full moon...

Jokes aside, the chance of receiving an ITA in the near-term with 356 is probably low, as the number of candidates between 400-500 is high. As for PNP, I have no idea what your chances are.

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
torontosm said:
They are attracting people who fill a market need in Canada by offering skills or attributes that Canadians can't match. that is the very purpose of the program. It is designed to provide PR to those who fill a market void, regardless of whether you think they are lower skilled or not, over those who may have a better educational/professional background but aren't differentiated from the tens of thousands other Canadians who have the same skills and background.
Good answer +1 point

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Kuks87 said:
I get that points that there are points awarded for LMIA and pnp. Of course they would want pple who already have jobs. But how does an old uneducated person(or low education) with a low skilled job, beat the h*ll out of a young skilled person with experience and a job but no LMIA? :eek:

But not to sweat it tho, they have the right to deny and accept pples application after ITA I guess.
Who says that they are old and uneducated? How old is old? I'm in my 30's and have no university education yet I have acquired a set of high quality skills from 18 years 'in the field' that so impressed my employers that they bent over backwards to get me an LMIA. (By the way i have a skilled job.)

Why? because I'm older and i have experience that i can pass onto younger Canadians.

But in reality, My friend works in a lowish skilled company and according to him there are so many foreign workers with engineering degrees coming in plodding around not working honestly until they get something better and leave at the loss of the company. Sometimes one can be over qualified for the job?

Its a job market.....some skills are in demand today and some are in demand tomorrow

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
Kuks87 said:
If the first and second draws chose people with scores around the 800's, then it means without the 600(LMIA ),their actual score is <300. :eek: :eek:

Wouldn't the express entry be doing just the opposite of what it was setup to do?

What kind of profile is <300? :eek:
CEC applicants do not need eca for foreign degree and proof of Language skills. Therefore, their scores may be low, but that does not mean that they are less qualified.

Moreover, applicants in skilled trade class do not need eca and generally their Language skills may be average. so a skilled trades person may have low score as compared to fsw or cec but has adequate qualification to be a skilled trade applicant.

Hope you understand now

Kuks87

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
desertfox said:
CEC applicants do not need eca for foreign degree and proof of Language skills. Therefore, their scores may be low, but that does not mean that they are less qualified.

Moreover, applicants in skilled trade class do not need eca and generally their Language skills may be average. so a skilled trades person may have low score as compared to fsw or cec but has adequate qualification to be a skilled trade applicant.

Hope you understand now
Yh. Got it now. Thanks.