+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attaching Proofs - Sponsor/Applicant Proof of… Everything?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Attaching Proofs - Sponsor/Applicant Proof of... Everything?

Karlshammar said:
They do read the content of the emails from what I've heard. Which makes sense, because otherwise you could be emailing each other about stock prices or how to scam immigration for all they'd know. :)
Yes, I absolutely agree with Karlshammar! I think they definitely read your emails to get a sense of whether your relationship is genuine or not. When I called CIC prior to sending our application, they specifically said to send the contents of ALL your emails, not just the headers.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011

We do not have e-mails, only text messages and a few facebook conversations. I think they will get the idea though. If our application gets successfully approved without any e-mails, I may be the first one in a long while, haha! We have about 50 pages worth of text messages. I'm exaggurating slightly, but it is a beast.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015

in the proof of relationship they look for communication between both of you. I'm sure that sms will work as well as emails, not all communicate by emails, some people just phone each other.

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010

i .... am really starting to get worried
i sent a couple of emails but we mostly communication in chat and the way his computer stores chats we couldn't print them the text was so tiny they couldn't be read and when we enlarged it on the comp it wouldn't enlarge on the prints
the only convo's i could print were ones i emailed myself because they had some sweet statement or some realization in them, but i didn't want to send those because most of them included in us getting in fights about immigration

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........

have you tried to import them into some word/text processing program? this used this feature to import all our msn chats and then print them out, but we didn't include them all not to overload our application.

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010

Suin said:
have you tried to import them into some word/text processing program? this used this feature to import all our msn chats and then print them out, but we didn't include them all not to overload our application.
i tried on my comp but he has a Pc and i have a mac, it all turned into gibberish, i don't actually know if he tried or not if i still feel paranoid in February i will probably have him go to service New Brunswick and give it a try

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I did not send a single email, text or phone record between us, and we were approved without an interview. I don't know if this is generally the case, but it was for us.

NYCtoNB said:
i .... am really starting to get worried
i sent a couple of emails but we mostly communication in chat and the way his computer stores chats we couldn't print them the text was so tiny they couldn't be read and when we enlarged it on the comp it wouldn't enlarge on the prints
the only convo's i could print were ones i emailed myself because they had some sweet statement or some realization in them, but i didn't want to send those because most of them included in us getting in fights about immigration

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010

Karlshammar said:
I did not send a single email, text or phone record between us, and we were approved without an interview. I don't know if this is generally the case, but it was for us.
?? wow so you filled the forms and didn't send any supporting relationship documents??

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Well, we did. We each wrote narratives of the development of our relationship, sent numerous letters from friends and family attesting to our relationships, and photographs taken throughout the relationship. We just didn't include any written or telephonic conversations between us.

NYCtoNB said:
?? wow so you filled the forms and didn't send any supporting relationship documents??

rabbitcl

Oct 27, 2009

I did not send any emails, phone records or test as well, just the pictures. And I got AIP. Not sure if it is really necessary to send tons of emails and stuff.

martjacob

Dec 29, 2009

hello everyone. I've been reading all this replies but here is my question. My wife and I send emails in filipino and there's tons of them since 2008 january. I'm wondering do we need to have it translated to english . If thats the requirement it will take forever and probably will cost money !Any advice.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

If there are too many, send selections throughout time rather than all of them. You can translate them yourselves.

martjacob said:
hello everyone. I've been reading all this replies but here is my question. My wife and I send emails in filipino and there's tons of them since 2008 january. I'm wondering do we need to have it translated to english . If thats the requirement it will take forever and probably will cost money !Any advice.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........

rabbitcl said:
I did not send any emails, phone records or test as well, just the pictures. And I got AIP. Not sure if it is really necessary to send tons of emails and stuff.
if you have enough proof of your relationship it wouldn't matter. emails, chats, phone records are usually used by people who spent more time apart from each other while their relationship developed.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

RE: proof of communication .... I think it really depends on what visa office you are dealing with and what additional documentation that you send in to support your application. Some visa offices are very strict and will give you grief if you don't submit proof of your contact with each other. If you just fill in the forms and attach no supporting documentation in the way of letters, emails etc., you can very likely expect to be asked to submit this or be called in for an interview. In your case karlshammar, it sounds like you did have lots of additional documentation in the way of support letters that outweighed the lack of communication proof. But since you are specifically asked for proof of continuing communication to be submitted with your application, I don't think it would be wise for others to do the same. It sounds like your case was more of an exception.